Blood Mouther (5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
- 1 Blood Mouther
- 1.1 Meeting with the Traveler
- 1.2 Creating a Blood Mouther
- 1.3 Class Features
- 1.3.1 Table: The Blood Mouther
- 1.3.2 The Traveler's Magic lv.1
- 1.3.3 Natural Weapons lv.1
- 1.3.4 Flesh Consumption lv.2
- 1.3.5 Bonus stats lv.3
- 1.3.6 Unique Body lv.3
- 1.3.7 Ability Score Increase
- 1.3.8 Multiattack lv.5
- 1.3.9 Bites lv.6
- 1.3.10 Blinding Spittle lv.7
- 1.3.11 Aberrant Ground lv.9
- 1.3.12 Flesh Transference lv.10
- 1.3.13 Deep Wounds lv.11
- 1.3.14 The Traveler's Insight lv.13
- 1.3.15 Amorphous lv.14
- 1.3.16 Acidic Predator lv.15
- 1.3.17 Blood Transmutation lv.17
- 1.3.18 Blood Ritual lv.18
- 1.3.19 Evolved Mouther with Traveler's book lv.20
- 1.4 Multiclassing
Meeting with the Traveler
Whenever a gibbering mouther has finally reached the point to think for itself to become a Embodied Mouther, sometimes they are visited by The Traveler, a deity that loves any being that can shape shift or evolve, one that offers the Embodied mouther a easier time entering civilization without any problems and providing them the ability to perform transmutation magic, the only requirement that the Traveler requires from the aberration is to write down everything it does in a special book that the Traveler provides to it. Many Embodied mouthers refuses this deal but the ones that do, some enjoys the sweet fruits of freedom, but little do they know that they are eternally bond to the Traveler. Because of their bond with the traveler, they can not choose to find any other religion nor can they perform any other magic but transmutation magic, a few Embodied mouthers were happy with this bond and others regretted it. The Traveler provides a great deal of demands for it wants those to be loyal to him and only him, do the creatures that follow him have to trust the Traveler no they do not but it would be wise too.
The Traveler tends to visit the Embodied mouther once a month to view the book and take interest on their adventures, the Traveler is known to eventually tell the Embodied Mouther the location of a Spider Eater so the Embodied mouther can train it usually around level five though ten. Sometimes the Traveler would ask the Embodied Mouther for sample of blood, which is given to the Traveler by a special crimson bowl decorated with figures of war, the bowl is provide by the deity, no one knows what the Traveler does with this blood many question if its to create new monsters, to find immortality for mortals, or maybe to create a disease for all mortals. All that can be said about The Traveler is that the deity has much interest in living things that evolve to something else or ones that are cursed to become something else.
Creating a Blood Mouther
Quick Build You can make a Blood Mouther quickly by following these suggestions. First, Constitution should be your highest ability score, followed by Wisdom. Second, choose the hooded figure background. Third, choose a short sword, 10 darts, Explorer's Pack, full body robe and an explorer pack.
As a Blood Mouther you gain the following class features.
- Hit Points
Weapons: Natural weapons, Simple weapons
Tools: Poisoner's kit or Herbalism kit
Saving Throws: Constitution, Intelligence
Skills: Survival, Perception, and Animal handling
You start with the following equipment, in addition to the equipment granted by your background:
- (a) four daggers and 20 darts or (b) two hand axes and 10 darts or (c) short bow 20 arrows and a short sword
- (a) Dark Leather armor or (b) Dusty hooded robe
- (a) Belt pouch with 10 gp and Scholar's Pack or (b) Belt pouch with 10 gp and Explorer's Pack
|Features||Natural weapons||—Spell Slots per Spell Level—|
|1st||+2||The Traveler's Magic, Natural Weapons||1d4|
|3rd||+2||Bonus stats, Unique Body||1d4|
|4th||+2||Ability Score Improvement||1d6|
|8th||+3||Ability Score Improvement||1d8|
|12th||+4||Ability Score Improvement||1d10|
|13th||+5||The Traveler's Insight||1d12|
|16th||+5||Ability Score Improvement||2d8|
|19th||+6||Ability Score Improvement||2d12|
|20th||+6||Evolved Mouther with Traveler's book||2d12|
The Traveler's Magic lv.1
The Traveler has granted the Embodied Mouther the ability to stay hidden in civilizations, by letting any that perceives the mouther to look 100% human, a being of high magic can use a spell to bypass the Traveler's magic.
- Deal with the Traveler
- The Traveler demands that any that makes a deal with him, write down on the Traveler's book once per day.
- The Traveler demands training of the Spider Eater once the traveler reveal its location.
- The Traveler demands that any that makes deals with him to stay chaotic neutral.
- The Traveler demands tribute in the form of blood in a special bowl that The Traveler provides once a month.
Natural Weapons lv.1
- All your Natural weapons deal bonus damage with higher levels and you are proficient with natural weapons.
- Note: Mouther's bite is treated as a Natural weapon
Flesh Consumption lv.2
When you reduce a living creature within 5 feet of you to 0 hit points, you have the option to devour it but instead of getting temporary hit points, you can regain a percent amount of your hit points, you can use this trait once, after you must have a long rest.
lv.2= 5% hit points
lv.8= 10% hit points
lv.14= 15% hit points
lv.20= 20% hit points
- This doesn't sate your hunger and it doesn't use up the devour trait from the Embodied Mouther race traits.
Bonus stats lv.3
The mouther gains bonus stats:
lv.5 +1 Constitution
lv.10 +10 swim speed
lv.15 +3 stealth
lv.20 1% healing from all physical attack it deals
Unique Body lv.3
The Mouther has always been incapable of critically harming as it has no internal organs.
- The user can't be hit by a critical unless the hostile creature that is attacking wins a constitution check against the Mouther. [The user has advantage.]
Ability Score Increase
When you reach 4th level, and again at 8th, 12th, 16th and 19th level, you can increase one ability score of your choice by 2, or you can increase two ability scores of your choice by 1. As normal, you can't increase an ability score above 20 using this feature.
- The Embodied Mouther can perform two melee attacks in a row
As a free Action, using even more mouths on your arm or leg as a bite weapon, this is treated as a natural attack and makes mouther's bite deal +5d6 piercing damage on top of its current damage. If the target is Medium or smaller, it must succeed on a DC 10 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone. You can use this trait three times then you must complete a short or long rest.
Blinding Spittle lv.7
As a free action, The mouther spits a chemical glob at a point it can see within 15 feet of it. The glob explodes in a blinding flash of light on impact. Each creature within 5 feet of the flash must succeed on a DC 13 Dexterity saving throw or be Blinded until the end of the mouther's next turn. This can be done twice per day then you must take a short or long rest.
Aberrant Ground lv.9
As a free action, make the ground in a 10-foot radius doughlike difficult terrain. Each creature that starts its turn in that area must succeed on a DC 10 Strength saving throw or have its speed reduced to 0 until the start of its next turn. Since this is a spell that the mouther creates, it will keep the ground solid underneath for allies.
Flesh Transference lv.10
The mouther converts 10% hit points to an nearby ally within 10ft of it to heal equal to the amount of hit points the mouther lost. The heal is done by actually transferring the mouther's own flesh to merge into an ally's flesh. This can restore lost limbs and stop bleeding.
Deep Wounds lv.11
Your natural weapons deal bleed damage per physical attack which causes 1d6 for 5 minutes on the starting turn of the hostile creature that was attacked by the mouther, if the creature were to run away, it leaves a blood trail that the mouther or its party can follow.
- This bleed damage is increased to 1d10 for ten minutes on the start of the hostile creature turn at level 20.
The Traveler's Insight lv.13
The Mouther becomes proficient in animal handling but only for spider eaters plus a +3 in animal handling.
The mouther isn't affected by difficult terrain except for ceilings and walls.
Acidic Predator lv.15
As a free action, the mouther can make its next natural attack deal 1d20 acid damage alongside its normal damage. This trait can only be used ten times per day.
Blood Transmutation lv.17
The mouther can create items with its blood for example: Keys, books, levers, etc These items last for 2 days after which they revert back into blood once more.
The mouther can also clot its own blood so it can't suffer from bleed damage.
Blood Ritual lv.18
The Mouther can do a one hour long blood ritual to summon an aspect of the Traveler, the aspect can be used just once to look ahead of a location afterwards the aspect informs the party of a rough idea what is ahead, after stating said information the aspect disappears.
Evolved Mouther with Traveler's book lv.20
At level twenty depending if the form of the mouther is a male or female it gains the following features:
- Endurance:The mouther gains +10 hit points, while also gaining +30 temporary hit points once per day.
- True weapons: The mouther natural weapons deal 1.3x more damage.
- Regeneration: Heals 5 hit points at the start of the mouther's turn, this condition stops whenever the mouther takes any dot related effects.
- Come over here: The mouther can now extend its arms up to 10 ft reach, can be used to grab objects, grapple any creature medium or smaller then you that fails a strength check, or pull itself to another location.
- Nimbleness: The mouther gains +10 speed, while also gaining the ability to easily climb walls or ceilings.
- Selflessness: The Mouther detaches portions of itself, these portions looks like blobs which attaches themselves to nearby allies, allies heal +2 hit points for each of their turns they stop healing when the mouther can't regenerate anymore, the mouther can produce 5 blobs and loses hit points base on the amount of hit points the blobs restored. The blobs won't heal anyone at max hit points.
- Regeneration: Heals 2d20 whenever hit points drop below 50% but won't heal more then 75% of total hit points, this effect is used as a free action up to 10 times until the Mouther must make a short rest to regain use of this trait.
- Triple-attack: The mouther can attack up to three times instead of two, this replaces the multiattack trait.
- Traveler's Book
- If the Mouther were to die while not breaking any of the Traveler's demands and still owns the Traveler's book, The Traveler will visit the area that contains the Mouther's Soul, after which depending if the mouther's body is intact or not, The Traveler will restore the mouther's soul back into its body this process takes one week, if the body is destroyed then The traveler puts the Mouther's soul into another dead creature nearby which starts a slow process of conversion into a gibbering mouther then back into the Embodied Mouther form that it once had. This process takes a decade to complete, The Traveler will halt all of its demands until the mouther is capable of writing and speech. The Traveler's book can not be destroyed by any means besides from other gods and its always next to the mouther.
- -Spell slots per spell level-
You know all of the spells on the basic Transmutation spell list and additional spells based on your subclass.
- 1st Level
<!-1st level spell list->
- 2nd Level
<!-2nd level spell list->
- 3rd Level
<!-3rd level spell list->
- 4th Level
<!-4th level spell list->
- 5th Level
<!-5th level spell list->
Prerequisites. To qualify for multiclassing into the <!-class name-> class, you must meet these prerequisites:
Proficiencies. When you multiclass into the <!-class name-> class, you gain the following proficiencies: