Anguan (3.5e Creature)
From D&D Wiki
Anguans are monstrous humanoids with the head, arms, and upper body of a human, but the lower body of a snake.
|Size/Type:||Large Monstrous Humanoid|
|Hit Dice:||6d8+6 (33 hp)|
|Speed:||40 ft. (8 squares)|
|Armor Class:||15 (-1 size, +4 dex, +2 natural), touch 13, flat-footed 11|
|Attack:||Longbow +9 (1d8) or Bite +6 (1d6+1 plus poison)|
|Full Attack:||Longbow +9 (1d8) or Bite +6 (1d6+1 plus poison)|
|Space/Reach:||10 ft./10 ft.|
|Special Attacks:||constrict, poison|
|Special Qualities:||Darkvision 60 ft., scent, poison immunity|
|Saves:||Fort +3, Ref +9, Will +4|
|Abilities:||Str 12, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 12|
|Skills:||Hide +8, Listen +3, Move Silently +12, Search +2, Spot +3, Survival +3|
|Feats:||Dodge, Improved Initiative, Mobility|
|Advancement:||6-12 HD (Huge)|
Anguans are carnivores and generally grow to be 12 feet long and tend to weigh around 2000 lbs. They speak common as well as their own language: anguanese.
Aguans typically prefer stealth attacks using hit and run tactics to wear down their prey over time. If and when they get the chance they will attempt to inject their targets with their venom.
Poison (Ex): An anguan that makes a successful bite attack against a living creature may choose to inject it with their deadly venom as a free-action once per day. The target then must roll a fortitude save (Constitution based) or suffer 1d6 constitution damage. This attack is considered poison-based for the purposes of damage reduction, immunities, resistances, etc.
Constrict (Ex): If an anguan hits with its bite attack then it may wrap itself around it's target like the improved grab ability. The target takes 1d6 points of damage per turn while being constricted.
Poison Immunity (Ex): Anguans are immune to all forms of poison.
Culture and Lifestyle
Anguans form small colonies in warm deserts sheltered by rocks or sometimes even underground within caves. Largely a nocturnal species, anguans typically hunt using bows made from special fibrous cacti known as Slunvara trees and are typically carnivorous.
The locations of anguan colonies are a fiercely guarded secret. Generally they prefer to come to another settlement for the purposes of trade, diplomacy, and so on rather than bring outsiders to their homes. Anguans can be very protective of their own and can be fairly territorial.
Anguans as Characters
Anguan characters possess the following racial traits.
- +2 Strength, +8 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, -2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma
- Large size. –1 penalty to Armor Class, –1 penalty on attack rolls, –4 penalty on Hide checks, +4 bonus on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits double those of Medium characters.
- Space/Reach: 10 feet/10 feet.
- An anguan's base land speed is 40 feet.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Low-Light vision
- Racial Hit Dice: An anguan begins with six levels of monstrous humanoid, which provide 6d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +6, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +2, Ref +5, and Will +5.
- Racial Skills: An anguan’s monstrous humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 9 x (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1). Its class skills are Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Search, and Spot. Anguans have a +6 racial bonus on Hide and Move Silently checks.
- Racial Feats: An anguan’s monstrous humanoid levels give it three feats.
- Weapon Proficiency: An anguan is proficient with the longbow, shortbow, dagger, scimitar, and all simple weapons.
- +2 natural armor bonus
- Natural Weapons: Bite (1d6)
- Special Attacks (see above): constrict, poison
- Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., scent, poison immunity
- Automatic Languages: Common, Anguan.
- Favored Class: Rogue
- Level Adjustment: 2