Ahsri (5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Ahsri are a race of humanoids closely resembling humans with animal-like physical characteristics. Ahsri do not resemble birds, insects, or arachnids in appearance. They have physical features typically from mammals and reptiles, but some purely aquatic animal features aren’t unheard of in coastal regions; though, less common. Ahsri can be found in climates ranging from tropical jungles to temperate mountains. They generally avoid the coldest regions, like tundras, as well as the driest, like deserts.
From nomadic tribes to small settlements their cultures vary almost as widely as humans, but hold to a common theme with their reverence for nature; with even their largest towns being relatively small compared to the smallest cities of humans. It can be generally stated that they are pragmatic, but they delight in clever conversation. Casual conversation can become a battle of wits between two clever Ahsri. Ahsri will often adopt witticisms and phrases from other races. Ahsri generally value cleverness, strength and skill above all else. Feuds between Ahsri are more often settled with words, or tests of skill, rather than with physical combat.
Ashri have speaking names related to the accomplishments or failures of their youth. If a particular family distinguishes itself either through competence or failure, it receives a new name relating to their noteworthy quality. Their names do not distinguish by gender. It is custom to translate their name into the common language, so other might know of their deeds and failures. Trying to hide an embarising name is seen as a sign of weakness and shame, since the Ashri admits he will never rise of above the failures of his youth or family.
Personal Names: Birdkiller, Blusher, Coward, Deertalker, Slayer, Unseen Shadow, Weakling
Family Name: Champion, Fisher, Healer, Longsleeper, Orcprey
Full Name: Deertalker of the Fisher family, Coward of the Longsleeper family.
Ability Score Increase. Your Wisdom score increases by +2, and either your Dexterity score or Strength score increases by +1
Age. Ahsri have a lifespan comparable to humans.
Alignment. Ashri culture values pragmatism and skill, thus they tend to adopt neutral aligments. Depending on their perspective towards the laws of nature, a particular society can tend towards lawful or chaotic aligment.
Speed. Your base walking speed is 30 ft.
Darkvision. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
Mother’s Blessing. Through your connection to the Mother and nature, you are innately imbued with the power to cast certain spells as well as the feature of an animal whose spirit resembles your personality. You gain 1 Animal Trait and 1 Bestowed Spirit from the lists below at 1st level. Wisdom is used for the spellcasting modifier for any spell gained by this feature. Spells from Bestowed Spirit are gained in order at 3rd and 5th level. Spells gained by this feature ignore material components. These spells can be used once, and regain use of these spells after finishing a long rest.
Animal Trait. You may choose one of the following:
- Heightened Hearing: You add your proficiency bonus to Perception checks that rely on hearing, even if you have no proficiency in the Perception skill. If you have proficiency in the Perception skill, add double your proficiency bonus to Perception checks that rely on hearing.
- Heightened Smell: You add your proficiency bonus to Perception checks that rely on smell, even if you have no proficiency in the Perception skill. If you have proficiency in the Perception skill, add double your proficiency bonus to Perception checks that rely on smell.
- Heightened Sight: You add your proficiency bonus to Perception checks that rely on sight, even if you have no proficiency in the Perception skill. If you have proficiency in the Perception skill, add double your proficiency bonus to Perception checks that rely on sight.
- Rampage: When reducing a creature to 0 hit points with a melee attack on your turn, you can take a bonus action to move up to half your speed and make an additional attack.
- Hold Breath: You can hold your breath for up to 15 minutes.
- Swim: You gain a swim speed of 30 feet.
- Climb: You gain a climb speed of 30 feet.
- Stride: Your base movement speed increases to 40 feet.
- Serpentine/Lithe: Your Dexterity increases by +1. As normal, you can't increase an ability score above 20 using this feature.
- Boar-ish: Your Strength increases by +1. As normal, you can't increase an ability score above 20 using this feature.
- Beast of Burden: You are considered to be one size category larger for the purpose of determining carrying capacity.
- Mimicry: You can mimic simple sounds you’ve heard, such as a person whispering, a baby crying, or an animal chittering. A creature that hears the sounds can tell they are imitations with a successful Insight check, contested by your deception check.
- Relentless: When you would be reduced to 0 hit points but not killed outright, you are reduced to 1 hit point instead. You can't use this trait again until you finish a long rest.
Bestowed Spirit. The Mother bonds a nature spirit to an Ahsri at birth. These spirits rarely communicate, but freely lend a portion of their power. They are their Ahsri’s constant companion. Choose one from the following spell lists:
- Lore Spirit: You have proficiency in two additional skills.
Random Height and Weight
|′ ″||+||lb.||× () lb.|
*Height = base height + height modifier