From D&D Wiki
- 1 Welcome to D&D Wiki!
- 2 Gravity Warrior
- 3 Featured Article Nomination
- 4 Barnstar
- 5 My DR question
- 6 yo.
- 7 Response to your welcome
- 8 Thanks!
- 9 Monk Question!
- 10 I hate to bother you on the wiki but...
- 11 Adminship
- 12 Metahand questions
- 13 Hello so I'm rellly new here and this is the first thing--Temporal Lord (DnD Prestige Class)
- 14 I'm desperate.
- 15 Gravity Warrior Question
- 16 DND
- 17 Jumper (D&D class)
- 18 Greater Mercurial Charge
- 19 Gravity Warrior Change
- 20 Using one of your creations
- 21 Using your class
- 22 Just liked your things
- 23 Uploading a file
- 24 Jumper Class
- 25 Vithui
- 26 Using a Class for a Campaign Setting
- 27 Yo! Looking for feedback on custom creations!
Welcome to D&D Wiki!
Hello Rithaniel, and welcome to D&D Wiki. I hope you have been enjoying this site, and I hope you have been finding the information here on D&D Wiki useful. I am an admin (and, actually, the owner as well) here on D&D Wiki along with a couple other people who make up "The Face" of D&D Wiki. An entire list of admins can be found here.
If you have any question about D&D Wiki, D&D, formatting on D&D Wiki, what day today is, or whatever, an admin will, many times, give the best answer. Please feel free to ask any admin any question (ask me a question!).
Formatting on D&D Wiki (or any wiki for that matter) can be very difficult, and if you need help a good place to start is Help:Editing on Wikipedia (or even their Introduction page). This will explain the basic wiki formatting and should provide quite a few useful links that explain more specific areas of wiki formatting. Again, if you have any questions about formatting on D&D Wiki please ask them as, I imagine, anybody will be more than happy to help you get them answered.
A strong and welcoming community exists on D&D Wiki, and I am sure you will find it rather nice. Most discussions take place on content talk pages, however please feel free to walk into
The Tavern (our local chat room) and talk to some fellow D&D Wikians. Anyway, on D&D Wiki, possibly since discussions are never deleted, people try to be nice. This means please follow Wikipedia's guidelines on Civility and Etiquette when discussing anything. And, if an argument does arise, please use Wikipedia's Dispute Resolution to make sure everyone comes out happy. Also, on a pretty different note, to ensure people know who posted what, please sign your name after a post with four tildes (~~~~) or by clicking on the signature icon. This will automatically produce your name and the date. Anyway, I hope you come to love the close-knit D&D Wiki community and welcome again, you are now a D&D Wikian. --Green Dragon 00:03, 5 August 2008 (MDT)
Would it be possible to play this is 4th Edition? If I did,would I need to dumb down the Pseudo-Strength a little im somewhat new to D&D,to me a +14 on any strength based roll is a little much or is that fine for Epic level? Would any of these skills be considered Broken?I'm really excited to play this class please respond soon. Thank you! —The preceding unsigned comment was added by OmniFortis (talk • contribs) 16:05, 10 November 2008 (MDT). Please sign your posts!
- Well, I'm not familiar with 4e, but if there are any things that don't translate very well, list what they are specifically and I'll make a seperate section for 4e players. As for the +14 on strength based checks, well, the +14 isn't added into attack rolls or damage rolls, therefore it doesn't make the character directly any more powerful in battle, though the bonus to strength based skill checks and regular strength checks makes it so that they will only rarely fail, which at epic levels is usually the norm. Also, please sign your messages, it makes it easier on me to inform you of my reply. → Rith (talk) 08:45, 11 November 2008 (MST)
Featured Article Nomination
I've recently nominated an article you created, Gravity Warrior (DnD Class), to become a future featured article. You can discuss this at Talk:Gravity_Warrior (DnD_Class)#Featured_Article_Nomination. Thanks. 10:13, 20 November 2008 (MST)
|I give you this barnstar for modernizing the format and layout of 3.5e Epic Spells, Seeds, and Powers and its contents. Thanks so much for standardizing all the epic spell, seed, and power identifiers, splitting them up into sections accordingly, adding a templated breadcrumb to each, adding Semantic MediaWiki properties throughout, and overall making that whole section look nicer. Thanks. --Green Dragon 14:25, 18 January 2009 (MST)|
My DR question
Rith, I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my question. I found the info extremely helpful and it helped solve some sticky gameplay issues. (it even saved my character's life!!!!!) So thanks again! —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Roenagar (talk • contribs) 13:20, 7 March 2009 (MST). Please sign your posts!
- Heh, well, I'm glad to have helped man. → Rith (talk) 15:37, 7 March 2009 (MST)
yeah, it was kind of meant to be over powered a little bit, because I run a campaign that is somewhat of a blend between Sci Fi and Fantasy, having both magic and high-powered weaponry. this was part of an attempt to get my players to use a friggin' melee character, as I prefer not to force them into anything, or prevent them from using anything, but Them just using ranged limits my options sometimes. also, an NPC deathclaw was supposed to be able to anally violate my players' chars, as (the deathclaws) are best at getting into the thick of things quickly. anyway, I balanced it somewhat. Tell me what you think. Many thanks! —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Arkaine1337 (talk • contribs) 17:52, March 10, 2009 (MST). Please sign your posts!
- Hmm, interesting idea to balance out the campaign, I must admit, though you have to keep in mind thats it's very easy to get carried away with yourself when you're trying to make something powerful, and you have to think objectively. Also, I agree that an entire party that uses nothing but ranged weapons is very boring at times, and I'd recommend taking a look in this book for a few incentives for the characters (also, please sign your posts with a simple [~~~~]). But yeah, I'll go look at it in a second. → Rith (talk) 12:47, 10 March 2009 (MDT)
- Adjusted DR problem. The problem with natural attacks (That this race is very strongly encouraged to use) is that they are unenchantable, and can only be improved by feats. So, as giving it a good, but not extraordinarily overpowered ability was my goal, I think this may be an effective way to scale it by level, at least to some degree. Take a peek if you get the chance. --Arkaine1337 16:20, 16 March 2009 (MDT)
- Well thats the thing man, there are was around not being able to enchant natural attacks, you can buy gloves and get them enhanced, or maybe gauntlets. I mean, come on, you could buy a strap of cloth, get it enhanced with the ghost touch weapon enhancement, wrap it around your fists and suddenly you have a ghost touch unarmed strike. If you think about it, you could get your natural weapons enhanced with any weapon enhancement you could want, with the only limit being that of your creativity. Also, you managed to get me just as I got on it seems, so yeah, I'll go check it out. → Rith (talk) 16:35, 16 March 2009 (MDT)
Response to your welcome
I am no amatuer when it comes to debate or discussion and am a seven year veteran of some of the nastier subjects that draw flame wars that plague the internet. I cannot be intimidated and have a track record of staring down administrators and entire communities (And this is no idle posturing either).
TK-Squared is only slightly more threatening than an ant and is clearly a rank amatuer when it comes to the subject of intellectual discourse and is, as demontrated by his comments on the page in question, beyond reason. I shall not waste my time with him any further, as he is a speck who would otherwise be beneath my notice. Were there no rules and regulations id give him a masterclass in buttock prodding, but frankly, I have neither the time nor inclination to do so as other matters draw my attention. I only signed up because I saw that problem, I doubt I will remain after it has been dealt with as I am largly sick of wikis.
That all said, I wish you a good day. I am off to bed. I have things i need to do tomorrow. --Spickle 10:39, 11 March 2009 (MDT)
- Aw, he's so cute. Look at him trying to be arrogant. I could just pinch his cheek! --TK-Squared 10:45, 11 March 2009 (MDT)
- Well thats too bad, though I hope, if you ever come up with an interesting thing to add to the website, that you return (though I don't really think you should be starring down admins)(and I guess I don't need to post on that discussion now then). Also, TK, you can go ahead and be as rude as you want, it is your keyboard after all, though I simply ask that you don't specifically go out of your way to do so (kinda the same thing to spickle though, since he is being rude too (Example → "Slightly more annoying than an ant")). → Rith (talk) 15:58, 11 March 2009 (MDT)
I greatly appreciate the F&K Notice Template (Sorry if this is late). I'm only barely competent with wiki coding, so I can only imagine how tough it would be to create that. --Genowhirl 11:12, 17 March 2009 (MDT)
- Well dude, I'm glad to have helped. :) → Rith (talk) 19:51, 17 March 2009 (MDT)
If I were to make a monk out of a medium character with d4 claw attacks (a one die size improvement from normal medium unarmed) should i also improve the damage from the monk's unarmed attacks one die size? (3.5e of course)--Arkaine1337 11:40, 18 March 2009 (MDT)
- Hmmm, well, thats the thing, a character who has a d4 claw attack, doesn't have a d4 unarmed strike, unarmed strikes are always d3 for medium characters who aren't monks. In other words, the character gets the base unarmed strike damage from the Monk class, and an additional d4 claw attack (though, when you attack, you have to pick one or the other to deal damage with). → Rith (talk) 12:12, 18 March 2009 (MDT)
I hate to bother you on the wiki but...
It your turn in brave heart, you left one second before I could told you. --Lord Dhazriel 16:17, 1 April 2009 (MDT)
- Lol, I know dude, I typing up a reply right now as a matter of fact, and it's no problem, I actually like seeing the "new messages" bar at the top of the screen. → Rith (talk) 16:25, 1 April 2009 (MDT)
Would you like me to nominate you for adminship? --Green Dragon 02:19, 8 April 2009 (MDT)
- Well, you can if you want, I'm not paticularly stongly opinionated one way on the other though. → Rith (talk) 12:09, 8 April 2009 (MDT)
Sorry if i disturb you with my noob questions but i really appreciate you to clarify my doubts , i've posted them in Metahand's discussion page could you please answer me, i really like your class, and sorry again for have disturbed you 20 April 2009 Velin
- No problem, I'll go check out your question in a moment and answer it to the best of my ability. → Rith (talk) 18:04, 19 April 2009 (MDT)
- Thanks for help, but i've added some other question, but don't worry i think they should be the last ones PS: i know isnt really attinent on a D&D wikia but i saw on your likes that you play MHF2 too, do you play Portbale 2nd G on Xlink-Kai?
- Well, I have a PSP, though, I have horrible internet, and no access to a wireless connection. Or, at least, not currently. I'm going to be moving over this next week, and the place I am moving to has optional broadband, which I will hopefully be able to get. → Rith (talk) 11:51, 20 April 2009 (MDT)
- I added other question, sorry again for the bothering, well the wireless connection is not really needed, you need a wi-fi pen , like the wi-fi max one, or a wireless network adapter, but with a slow internet connection the things get a bit "slow" Velin 20 april 2009
- Exactly, and hopefully, at my new apartment, I'll be able to get faster internet. Also, if you would like to chat, then just stop by
The Tavern. → Rith (talk) 14:57, 20 April 2009 (MDT)
- Exactly, and hopefully, at my new apartment, I'll be able to get faster internet. Also, if you would like to chat, then just stop by
Hello so I'm rellly new here and this is the first thing--Temporal Lord (DnD Prestige Class)
let me tell you you guy are not making me feel welcome. i fist found this site after getting back in to dnd after 10 years. 2 day ago i started reading and found a log of cool ideas and alot that were really stupid. i was under the impression blending stuff was ok "project copyrights" say's copying was ok and in all my reading i say lot's of stuff that was the same idea. so for that i'm sorry it was easier to copy and paste then make new 1: i dont understand all the codes used 2: my spelling and gammer is Shit. in my reading i saw Lord Dhazriel's Immortalist and got the idea for a Doctor Who (time lord). and in all the reading i used what i had found to make it in the last 24 hours (to tell you the truth i dident even know this page was here. i dident see i had comments sorry i'm the newbie. so i guess copying some ones idea is bad so what do i do to fix it ? i do aggree with turning down the regen it's a bit storng for a Time lord i thik getting red it it all together is good and lvl i need to make it so you have to be lvl 20+ to start it was a bad idea to make it 9th lvl spells
please let me know if i cant do this i'll delete my account and you can delete the class i dident realize i was doing somethig wrong —The preceding unsigned comment was added by LordHypno (talk • contribs) 04:06, 22 April 2009 (MDT). Please sign your posts!
- Oh, no, don't worry about it man, it's just that people don't take kindly to other people taking ideas that they worked hard on without permission. You see, while you may have been trying to make the temporal lord a good class by taking those class features that you thought looked good and were useful, you also made a class that made other classes with the same class features absolete. Not to mention that you didn't even have to put any work into the class, it was only copying and pasting from your point of view. I'd recommend, in the future, borrowing only one or two class features from other classes, if any at all, and trying to create as many unique class features as possible. Also, welcome to the wiki. (and, you can sign your posts by simply typing ~~~~) → Rith (talk) 18:01, 22 April 2009 (MDT)
Hello Rithaniel. I need some help.I have been trying to create a class feature power but nothing works, so I was wondering if you could tell me, step by step, how to make a class feature. Please? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Arshan272 (talk • contribs) 00:27, May 6, 2009 (MST). Please sign your posts!
- Okay, well, I'm not too familiar with 4e material, but I can tell you how to make a page with the correct namespace. Okay, you must have noticed that whenever you go to the "Create a New ---" page, that the white bar where you type in a pages names says:
- My--- (4e ---)
- No then, you've been adding the name after these words, so that the page name is "My--- (4e ---) Cat-Blade". Then, later, you move the page to just "Cat-Blade". Both of these are incorrect. Whenever you go to the "Create a New ---" page, replace the "My---" with whatever the name of the item or race is, so that the page name would read "Cat-Blade (4e ---). Now then, after this bit of advice, you may need to become a little more specific with your questions. (Also, please sign your posts with 4 tildes (or ~~~~)). → Rith (talk) 18:57, 5 May 2009 (MDT)
Gravity Warrior Question
I posted a question in the talk page of your class "Gravity Warrior" on July 1st. Now, naturally... I don't mean to rush you, but the question came up mid-game and was promptly shot down by my DM (Needless to say, I was in a huff for a fair amount of time after he ignored my pleas of elaboration). Now, the question was "Do the abilities of the Gravity Warrior, such as Gravity Well or Ground Hammer, effect objects and creatures without constitution scores?"
Reading the specifics on Gravity Well, it merely suggests but never explicitly states whether it effects objects or not. Specifically: "...to manipulate the weight of something from a distance, making it impossible for that object to be moved." I was hoping that you could possibly take a little bit of time to elaborate on this topic for me. I would greatly appreciate it.
--16:09, 7 July 2009 (MDT)Amber (x.x Forgot to put this in...)
(PS: I also have a few other thoughts on the class, if you would like to discuss, provided you have the time and desire. :P )
- Rithaniel has been without access to his computer for the past few weeks because it got struck by lightning. I do not know when he will be back. I will say however, that if it says "object", If i were DMing this class, i would interpret "object" as any object. I hope rith is back soon. I hope this helps.Summerscythe 10:13, 7 July 2009 (MDT)
- Thank you Summerscythe, it does help quite a bit. Unfortunately, he is a little nit-picky about the rules, even more than me. He likes to see it written in the class than interpret it on his own. Thank you again, but I will hope to hear from Rith himself. I agree with you about the interpretation though~--Amber 16:09, 7 July 2009 (MDT)
- Yes, I have been having some computer troubles, but ze laptop has returned to me now. I will reply to your question in just a short moment Amber. → Rith (talk) 09:02, 11 July 2009 (MDT)
hey, loooooooooooool btw for the vithui i read that race like 2 weeks ago and i immediately LOVED it hehe :D
what a coincidence hehehe :D
Btw i wanted to talk to you about some other stuff about my race and stuff like that.
Do you perhaps have Msn or Icq? This is somehow irritating and slow to talk hehe :P
i promise i won't bother you much if you give me the address.
Ty—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Zerathul (talk • contribs) 22:42, July 22, 2009 (MST). Please sign your posts!
- Well, no, I don't have either of those, but I do have AIM, just not on the computers I have had access to as of late. If you need to talk to people about anything, you can simple stop by the
The Tavern, most people in there tend to be very friendly and helpful. (Also, please sign your posts by ending them in 4 tildes (~~~~) → Rith (talk) 13:07, 25 July 2009 (MDT)
- Hehe sorry didn't knew that i had to sign it i thought it was automatic xD
- Well i know about the tavern but i saw you have had a lot of nice races/classes and i wanted to talk to you about mine personally :D - Zerathul
- Hehe sorry didn't knew that i had to sign it i thought it was automatic xD
- Well, it is automatic, you simply have to type 4 tidles (ie ~~~~), and it will be converted into your signature. As for talking to me, well, my computer was struck by lightning a while back, and I haven't been able to have it fixed, so, the best way to talk to me, is on this website. → Rith (talk) 13:42, 25 July 2009 (MDT)
Jumper (D&D class)
Was wondering if I might use the Jumper in my homebrew setting? :3 --Ghostwheel 21:44, 13 August 2009 (MDT)
- Feel free Ghosty. → Rith (talk) 12:16, 14 August 2009 (MDT)
- Many thanks, thinking of using them in a job similar to the one played by the protagonist of Mirror's Edge in the city of Tilroth :D --Ghostwheel 12:19, 14 August 2009 (MDT)
Greater Mercurial Charge
Charging does not provoke an attack of opportunity. Please read charging in PHB 3.5ed. I suggest rewording to say something close to “negate a saved action to attack from target when he charges” —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs) 22:01, 16 September 2009 (MDT). Please sign your posts!
Gravity Warrior Change
Hey, I was just wondering if maybe you could change the Gravity Warriors Gravity Well ability, so that it could also accommodate the lightening of an object has well as making it heavier. Also, I thought maybe a throw ability would make up nicely for the lack of ranged attacks. Thanks, Assass1n 11:51, 15 November 2009 (MDT)
Using one of your creations
I was just wondering, could I use your classes Jumper and Threat for my campaign setting Orion? They fit great into the campaign setting and it would be awsome if I could.
If you do allow me to do this, I will make them on another page and make a few modifications so that they fit Orion perfectly. Hopefully this is ok with you! Thanks!--Vrail 06:26, 18 April 2010 (UTC)
Using your class
Can I use your Gravity Warrior class? Am I supposed to ask.... oh well, I'm asking anyway. And I just wanted to let you know that I saw your class and I immediately became wrapped in the idea of playing a class that could control gravity. I was recently invited to play in a friend's campaign and the first class that came to my mind was the Gravity Warrior. I asked him if I could play it and he said "Of course." However.... there was quite a bit of bickering from the others in the party, so he told me that he was going to rework the class a little bit. So he's been having me come up with ideas for the Gravity Warrior (I have given him 24 ideas for abilities so far and he's still asking for more, and I will admit that I put quite a few insane ideas down).I'd really rather not change the class around, but I want to play the idea so much more than I want to keep it the same. Is that alright with you? But I digress, thank you so much for putting this class down. YOU ROCK! \m/(>_<)\m/ Zesty Gordita 22:44, 24 April 2010 (UTC)
Just liked your things
I took a look at a number of your pages; all of your time based classes, and the time dragon. Just figured I'd say, they look really awesome, and I plan on playing an Eternal Walker as soon as possible. Everyone says I really need role-playing experience, not combat experience, and this looked really fun and would fit that well. I also noticed a class that sounded absolutely wonderful that you were planning to do; Aeon Walker. I look forward to seeing it! Also, on yet another random note, I like Three Days Grace somewhat, too. I really like 'This animal I have become'.
Uploading a file
How did you add an image to your class? I know how to do it, but I don't know how to upload a file >.<
I have been reading over your Jumper class again and again.. i absolutely love the concept, and plan to eventually run one. However, i am mildly concerned by the Jump ability. Based on what i've seen, there's no limit to the number of times per day you can use it; is that correct? My personal opinion, as the regular DM for my group, is that unlimited uses per day for that ability is almost over the top... However, if it were a supernatural ability, affected by anti-magic fields... Then i wouldn't have any issues with a player wanting to run one at all.
All in all, a GREAT class. Lots of potential for screwing up DM plans... and isn't that players are for? :))
- 1st, I'm a big fan of your classes, Vithui, & Monsters.
- 2nd, are you going to add the Vithui paragon & prestige classes?
- 3rd, Can I use the Vithui in my book & Campaign setting?
- 4th, I can add some of the things on your to-do list for you (Your name will be on it and everything, I will just post it)?
Thanks!--Milo High-Hill 23:57, 2 February 2011 (MST)
Using a Class for a Campaign Setting
Hello, I would like to use the class, Jumper and if this is your class, (because I couldn't find if this is your class, I saw stuff about it on this page) could I use Gravity Warrior.--Cool Dude 123 17:46, 14 December 2011 (MST)
I forgot to mention it is for the campaign setting Helios and can I use Hobo and Time Bender. If I could also create a new page for them to slightly change the flavor or possibly make them slightly fit into the setting better. --Cool Dude 123 17:46, 14 December 2011 (MST)
Yo! Looking for feedback on custom creations!
I've been very busy at the Wikia version of this site, only to find that nobody's there. So I decided to pack up and relocate my ideas here so I could get some feedback on them. Could you please take a look at what I've got? Thanks. --Luigifan18 (talk) 19:05, 13 October 2012 (MDT)