User talk:Blue Dragon
From D&D Wiki
i can't rate dragonblooded!
 Media Wiki Update
Are there any particular coding differences we should be aware of with the new update?18:44, 31 December 2009 (UTC)
- Not that I'm aware of yet. A few things still haven't been worked out yet, but overall coding should remain [roughly] the same. — Blue Dragon (talk) 04:56, 4 January 2010 (UTC)
 serious lag, and errors when searching.
Since D&D wiki has updated to using sphinx to search, I have experienced repeated erors in searches. It said to report any problems at the top of the page, so that's what I am doing.
- Can you please let me know what kind of errors you are experiencing? Are you not happy with the relevancy of the searches or are there frequent technical errors? — Blue Dragon (talk) 04:54, 4 January 2010 (UTC)
Whenever I try to go to Dandwiki.com through my URL I get an error page yet whenever I Google Dandwiki I can use the link to get here.
- Make sure you're typing in www.dandwiki.com and not www.danddwiki.com. The word "and" is actually not completed, so the url reads D an D wiki, not D and D wiki. You wrote it correctly here but just make sure you aren't doing that when typing it in. 04:03, 4 January 2010 (UTC)
- Both url's work. We have both domains of dandwiki.com and danddwiki.com (it was kept at dandwiki.com for searching reasons). --Green Dragon 04:38, 4 January 2010 (UTC)
- This should be fixed now for the upgrade. Thanks for the bug report. — Blue Dragon (talk) 04:54, 4 January 2010 (UTC)
 Pooka 4e Race
Having just finished the write-up for the 4e Pooka race, I was unaware that there was already a 3.5e Pooka race here. Would it be at all possible to have the name of the new race changed to 'Pooka (4E Race)' instead of just 'Pooka', so as not to get them mixed up?
Incidentally, is there anything you feel could improve the write-up?
All of the 3.5e feats are incorrectly formatted due to DLPC no longer being a proper function. On top of this It looks like properties aren't working properly either, but this could just be the dlpc not working. Either way there are some affected templates, and fixing the template will fix this issue, but most likely the DLPC can no longer be used for sorting. I'm unsure how this affects the rest of the site. - Sleaker 23:00, 4 January 2010 (UTC)
1) I have submitted an item that didn't show up (Thrillseeker base class)Additionally my friends have submitted classes some of which have been published and some which has not, they can not figure out why either. His contributions were Legend of the Swamp, and Ambassador of Slime. AND 2) When I look at all the prestige classes, it stops at S.. and there is no link to go to the second page or see the rest of the prestige classes. AND 3) This site is very cool and very needed, for the 3.5 community that didn't make the switch. Thank you.
Hello. I was just wondering. I understand how the new captcha can help keep down on spam and vandalism and bots, but its also really annoying. Everytime you change or add a interwiki link from one article to another it registers it as a outgoing off-site link and forces a captcha. Can the program be altered to only do that for off-site wikis and not interwiki links? I'm going to hold off on continuing the removal of double redirects until someone can answer this, as its just too annoying.
Additionally, have I missed the button or is the MOI feature gone?00:04, 20 January 2010 (UTC)
 Uploading creature images
I cannot seem to upload image files for a new creature. It says I need to be logged in even if I already am. It says:
A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:
(SQL query hidden)
from within function "User::idFromName". MySQL returned error "1142: SELECT command denied to user 'ddmediadb'@'localhost' for table 'wdd_user' (localhost)".
This keeps happening when I try logging on.
Database error From D&D Wiki Media Jump to: navigation, search A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was: (SQL query hidden) from within function "User::idFromName". MySQL returned error "1142: SELECT command denied to user 'ddmediadb'@'localhost' for table 'wdd_user' (localhost)". Retrieved from "http://media.dandwiki.com/wiki/Special:UserLogin"--126.96.36.199 23:12, 21 March 2010 (UTC)
 Wizard's on you'r a$$?
What's up? a lot of stuff I used to access I can't anymore. Such as weapon magic/creation rules.
Also gonna post my firearm rules for D&D 3.5
 Spell page problems
- Nevermind, I fixed the template to not use VariablesExtension (which is broken).—edwin 16:33, 18 July 2010 (UTC)
 Could you look at my 4e race and critique, please?
 4e Race Elf, Gray
Will you ever bring it back?
I used to love going in there and chatting with every one about all the D&D related issues i was having as a new DM. Now that it is gone I feel that a small piece of my self as left aswell.
please send your reply to my email firstname.lastname@example.org as im not sure when i will next log in here.
Should this really have the "race" category? --Axl 15:34, 25 December 2010 (MST)
 Welcome back
Welcome back? I haven't seen you active recently, and just wanted to wave.-- Irykyl 08:37, 8 May 2012 (MDT)
- He's been around. Still, though, he doesn't do what you would consider typical administrative work (more developmental things) and that may be why you have not seen him. But, he's actually really been helping out a lot with the development of D&D Wiki. --Green Dragon (talk) 13:27, 8 May 2012 (MDT)
- Thanks! waves back — Blue Dragon (talk) 18:07, 8 May 2012 (MDT)
 recaptcha at the media wiki
|I give you this barnstar for merging D&D Wiki Media Repository into D&D Wiki. Thanks for consolidating files and user accounts. Thanks for preserving the file's histories. Thanks for removing the spam that D&D Wiki Media Repository housed. --Green Dragon (talk) 20:46, 27 May 2012 (MDT)|
- Thanks for letting me know. I'm going to try Asirra again---hopefully there won't be too many compatibility issues for people. — Blue Dragon (talk) 06:55, 19 March 2013 (MDT)
Hi BD - I often get an error message beginning "A database error has occurred. Did you forget to run maintenance/update.php after upgrading? See: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Upgrading#Run_the_update_script" when moving or deleting pages. Any ideas? Marasmusine (talk) 06:44, 21 March 2013 (MDT)
- Thanks for bringing this to my attention. The recent 1.19.4 update I must have missed running the update script for. Please let me know if it happens again :) — Blue Dragon (talk) 06:49, 21 March 2013 (MDT)