User talk:Blue Dragon
From D&D Wiki
- 1 Request for Puzzle Exemption
- 2 Request for Puzzle Exemption
- 3 Request for Puzzle Exemption
- 4 Request for Puzzle Exemption
- 5 Request for exemption/help for "Puzzle" in account creation
- 6 Request for exemption from the computer search and captcha redirect
- 7 Request for Exemption for New Account Puzzle
- 8 'nother format changing update
- 9 'Tawny' Unable to use account
- 10 Request for exemption
- 11 Can't create account.
- 12 Email issue
- 13 Wiki problems
- 14 Hover Text
- 15 Another day, Another weird problem.
- 16 New Account Puzzle Exemption Request
Request for Puzzle Exemption
I have been trying to create an account but having problems with the puzzles. My computer can solve the puzzle but i keep getting the error for the captcha and am totally confused. My username is Icequellsith and my email is email@example.com if you can send me the password there
Can you help, many thanks
- Hi, I made an exception for your IP addresses ending in 36 and 67. Please let me know if you continue to have to do the captcha. Thanks, — Blue Dragon (talk) 08:02, 6 July 2014 (MDT)
Request for Puzzle Exemption
When I created my account (archon86) the puzzle took 7.4 seconds to solve. However, any time I try to post I get a "keep running this script" error and in 5 attempts it has not solved in ~3 minutes. (6/10/14)
Specifically, I was hoping to post a few items to the 4e Homebrew section, including a crazy detailed disease I used. (6/12/14 update)
- Hi Archon86, I've made an exception for you. Please let me know if you continue to go through the process. Thanks, — Blue Dragon (talk) 18:07, 12 June 2014 (MDT)
Request for Puzzle Exemption
My Account name is Rockjockey, and I have an older Linux laptop which cannot finish the puzzle in a timely fashion (under 15 minutes). I politely request an exemption to this bothersome system. Much appreciated.
- I've made an exception for you. Please let me know if you continue to have to go through the process. Thanks, — Blue Dragon (talk) 19:41, 28 May 2014 (MDT)
Request for Puzzle Exemption
My computer is often taking more than a minute to solve the puzzle, and breaks the pages and gives my "website is offline" type errors when I do so (at least it seems not to lose my edits when it does so). It'd be great if I didn't need jump through that extra hoop. Thanks! Zau (talk) 23:25, 26 May 2014 (MDT)
- I've made an exception for you. Please let me know if you continue to have to go through the process. Thanks, — Blue Dragon (talk) 19:42, 28 May 2014 (MDT)
Request for exemption/help for "Puzzle" in account creation
it takes over ten minutes for the "puzzle" to finish and afterwards it says that the captcha was either wrong or missing. just want some help resolving this.(im thinking that its probably a problem similar to "Request for Exemption for New Account Puzzle" two entries down)
- Hi, an exemption has been added for you. Please let me know if you have any more problems. Thanks! — Blue Dragon (talk) 07:18, 18 May 2014 (MDT)
Request for exemption from the computer search and captcha redirect
Blue Dragon, I'm working on a massive page for my campaign Dominaria and I'm just getting into the swing of including a lot of links (some of which link outside D&D wiki). Also I am about to go on leave and will be uploading maps as I'm able to produce them which I'm pretty sure takes you to a redirect. In any case, I'm working a lot on this wiki and I get sent to the redirect enough that it's becoming a bother. What would I need to do to get an exemption?
Also as an aside, I've always wanted to be an admin but really never had the time. What is a section of D&D wiki that I could focus time into and help out?
- Hi Ixidor, I've added you to the exemption list. Please let me know if you're still required to perform the proof-of-work. Thanks! — Blue Dragon (talk) 23:05, 19 December 2013 (MST)
Request for Exemption for New Account Puzzle
I am having trouble trying to get an account on this wiki. After I fill in the required fields, I click the "Begin Puzzle Search" button and after a few minute it gives me a number, which I believe to be the solution to the puzzle, but when I click register it says I didn't input it correctly. If an exemption won't fix this, would be so kind as to tell me what I'm doing incorrectly.
- I've added a temporary exemption for the IP address that made your edits. Please let me know if you run into any more problems registering. Thanks! — Blue Dragon (talk) 09:06, 28 December 2013 (MST)
It worked! Thank you.
'nother format changing update
I've noticed recently that things like Template:SRD Feat Breadcrumb and other similar articles have changed in that " → " makes some real weird <pre></pre>-like format, rather than just an arrow. I assume this is the product of some wiki update, so is this a thing we can fix without editing all articles with a → error? Thanksa-kindly. --SgtLion (talk) 04:53, 12 January 2014 (MST)
- I seem to have fixed it by removing the whitespace. For some reason the transculsion thought there was a newline then whitespace (which makes that indented block). Marasmusine (talk) 05:44, 12 January 2014 (MST)
'Tawny' Unable to use account
Bleh, a second thing in one day. A friend o' mine made an account called 'Tawny' in the past couple days. For some reason, though, whenever she logs into her account, from any IP, she just gets a white screen instead of dandwiki. Other accounts she makes and as an IP she can log in use the site fine. I can't see any kind of block log, or anythin' that would indicate what is going on. Any assistance would be dandy --SgtLion (talk) 10:31, 12 January 2014 (MST)
- Hi SgtLion, sorry for not noticing this post sooner. The problem is that the Tawny account was set to use the skin "standard" which is not rendering at the moment. I unset this preference and removed the broken skins---she should be able to log in again. Please let me know if there are any more problems. Thanks, — Blue Dragon (talk) 09:42, 19 January 2014 (MST)
Request for exemption
The new puzzle thing is apparently too complex for my toaster to handle, and it just sit there and goes on forever trying to solve the puzzle before crashing. Could I please get an exemption? --Salasay Δ 16:49, 13 January 2014 (MST)
- It also makes me do the puzzle thing on ramdom edits that definitely didn't have external links in them. --Salasay Δ 22:40, 18 January 2014 (MST)
- Hi Salasay, I've made an exception for you. Please let me know if you continue to get the challenges. Thanks, — Blue Dragon (talk) 09:27, 19 January 2014 (MST)
Can't create account.
Hi Blue Dragon, I'm having the same problem that someone else on the discussion had, namely that I can't create an account because it keeps saying that the capcha code or whatever was incorrect or missing, even though I wait for the puzzle search to finish. would like to get an exemption, thanks.
- I've made an exception for your IP. Please let me know if you have any more problems. Thanks! — Blue Dragon (talk) 18:20, 28 January 2014 (MST)
Blue Dragon, I can't get a confirmation email to my email account. D&D wiki is actually displaying a message saying that sending failed and that my email account is invalid. I am 100% certain my email is correct. http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/User:Danielwpeer
- Thanks for letting me know about this---I likely would have seen this sooner ... if email was working! I will try to get it figured out tonight. — Blue Dragon (talk) 08:23, 15 May 2014 (MDT)
- Hi Danielwpeer, I believe I have fixed it. Can you try again now? Thanks! — Blue Dragon (talk) 18:03, 15 May 2014 (MDT)
Hi Blue Dragon, all this week I have been regularly getting "Error 524: A timeout occurred" on the wiki. It happens every 10 minutes or so, and locks me out for about 1 minute.
- I'll look into this as well tonight and try to figure out what's going on. Chances are I'm not running enough PHP threads. — Blue Dragon (talk) 08:23, 15 May 2014 (MDT)
- I've changed some settings. Could you let me know if it continues to happen? — Blue Dragon (talk) 18:06, 15 May 2014 (MDT)
I'm still getting frequent Error 524. This one: https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200171926-Error-524 Marasmusine (talk) 09:57, 25 May 2014 (MDT)
- Hi Marasmusine, I've added a bit more caching everywhere. Please let me know if this helps solve your problems. Thanks! — Blue Dragon (talk) 20:23, 28 May 2014 (MDT)
- Hi, sorry to bring up another wiki problem. Although the Error 524 message went away, I started getting a different error message instead. This now happens every time I make an edit: When I press "save page" there is a delay of about 1 minute then I get "Error 503 Service Unavailable / Service Unavailable / Guru Meditation: / XID: 1130186661 / Varnish cache server". Reloading the page sometimes works, sometimes it gives me an edit conflict. Marasmusine (talk) 00:53, 1 July 2014 (MDT)
- Thanks for letting me know about this. It should not be timing out anymore. However, it may still take some time to complete the edit---I'll continue looking into that. Please let me know if you continue to get 503 errors (or any other annoying problems). Thanks, — Blue Dragon (talk) 08:26, 4 July 2014 (MDT)
On Wikipedia, there is a template for "Hover Text" (here) which i think would be neat to have on the wiki so that hombrewers can put notes in the text to clarify things without cluttering up the text. It would have to be changed to default to no link, and maybe show up green or teal instead of dotted. do you think you could add that? --Salasay Δ 18:42, 18 May 2014 (MDT)
- Hi Salasay, I added that page to the wiki. Let me know if that helps. Thanks, — Blue Dragon (talk) 14:53, 23 May 2014 (MDT)
- Thank you, that will be very useful. I have a request. Would it be possible to make the text automatically teal, so as to make it stick out more (with just the dotted, it would look like just a fancy underline.) Thank you again. --Salasay Δ 20:08, 23 May 2014 (MDT)
- They should be teal now. Let me know if you want anything else changed! Thanks, — Blue Dragon (talk) 12:07, 24 May 2014 (MDT)
Another day, Another weird problem.
Hi, today my edits are not actually appearing in the page. For example, Cadmian (4e Race) does not show these edits. I've tried refreshing the page. It's strange. Marasmusine (talk) 05:50, 6 June 2014 (MDT)
- I have told Blue Dragon about this problem, which I assume is the same one on User talk:Green Dragon#Artificer and me mentioned that he is looking into it. It's really annoying me I can say. His update: "... seems like a problem with the cache not accepting "PURGE" requests." --Green Dragon (talk) 13:02, 6 June 2014 (MDT)
- I believe I've fixed it now. Please let me know if it continues to happen (after clearing your browser cache). Thanks, — Blue Dragon (talk) 15:33, 6 June 2014 (MDT)
New Account Puzzle Exemption Request
Hoy. I'm pretty well known on English Wikipedia (over 4,000 edits across all Wikimedia Foundation projects) and I'd like to be exempt from the CAPTCHA if at all possible and added to the Autoconfirmed usergroup. I think I qualify as one of those people who won't cause trouble. Zell Faze (talk) 16:41, 21 July 2014 (MDT)
- Hi Zellfaze, you have been added to the exception list. Please let me know if you continue to have to perform the proof of work puzzle. Thanks, — Blue Dragon (talk) 17:46, 21 July 2014 (MDT)