From D&D Wiki
- 1 Astien
- 1.1 Build
- 1.1.1 Basics
- 1.1.2 Other Details
- 1.1.3 Race Features
- 1.1.4 Class Features
- 1.1.5 Spells
- 1.1.6 Equipment
- 1.1 Build
Astien always knew that she was special. Maybe it was that she was always just a little bit faster than the others when she was growing up. A little bit more on the ball. A little bit prettier. Her family a little bit wealthier. It so turned out that she was fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of some recessive genetics involving some ancestors from the great beyond. As she grew up, that began to manifest itself in an unusual way: magical power.
Good fortune doesn't last forever though, and Astien's fortune was just about used up. Her mother was killed one day when Astien was 11 when she was run over by a runaway trading wagon, and her father was assassinated by a jealous rival. The rival and other unsavory types wasted no time in swooping in and looting all of the family's wealth. Astien escaped, though, and took with her a few heirlooms.
She spent the next several years growing up as a rogue the hard way. Her magical power and earlier fortunate helped her, though, and she quickly grew into a very powerful woman. She assembled her own criminal syndicate, built on the backs of older institutions she topped and destroyed. She is a monstrous opponent, as the older syndicate leaders discovered to their bad fortunate. She revels in the darkness of shadows and unleashing a storm of razor fury upon her opponents, when she does not merely destroy them with a single word.
Her experience growing up left her with somewhat pathetic social skills, but deadly skills in other arenas. She is very lonely (it's lonely at top, especially with no social skills). In combat she often vanishes only to soon reappear in another, better area and momentarily open her cloak to unleash a storm of razor death upon her enemies.
XP: 107,500 (TNL: 120,000)
HP: 135 (+15 temporary)
Stat Totals: Str 10 (16 with divine power), Dex 22, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 31, Cha 20
BAB: +11/+6/+1 (Divine Power: +15/+10/+5)
Sneak Attack Damage: +8d6, plus 16 fire
AC: 32 (10 + 6 dex + 4 armor + 1 monk + 10 wis + 1 haste) (+2 shield when wielding two weapons)
Saves: Fort +15, Ref +22, Will +25
Languages: Common, Celestial, Abyssal, Infernal
- Basic Weapons
- Picks and Hammers
- Slings and Thrown Weapons
- Exotic Weapons
- Also proficient with Assassin Needles, Hand Crossbows, Rapiers, Saps, Shortbows, and Short Swords
With Divine Power (and other spells)
- Scythe +31/+31/+26/+21/+16 (damage: 2d4+28 +2 constitution, crit 19-20/x4)
- Mirrorshard Blades +25/+25/+25/+20/+20/+15/+15/+10/+10 (damage: 7d6+10 +3 constitution, crit 18-20/x2)
- Thrown items (non-splash) +29/+29/+29/+24/+24/+19/+19/+14/+14 (damage: 1d2+11 +2 constitution, crit 20/x2) (range increment: 15') (+3 hit/damage within 60') (add BAB to damage when within first range increment)
- Thrown items (splash) +25/+25/+25/+20/+20/+15/+15 (range increment: 15') (+3 hit/damage within 60') (add BAB to damage when within first range increment)
- Shadow Strike +25/+25/+20/+15/+10 (damage: 7d8+4) (ranged touch, short range x 1.5) (+3 hit/damage within 60') (add BAB to damage when within first range increment)
Do later (it doesn't really matter as I can't be effected by Dispel Magic).
Resistances, Immunities, Etc.
- Immune to Poison
- Improved Uncanny Dodge (never denied dex bonus to AC, can only be flanked by Rogues 4 levels higher)
- Divine Favor (persisted)
- Divine Power (persisted)
- Greater Magic Weapon [Scythe] (Extended) (CL16 from Transformation domain)
- Greater Magic Weapon [random throwing items] (CL16 from Transformation domain)
- Haste (persisted) (CL16 from Transformation domain)
- Magic Vestment [Cloak of Holding] (extended) (CL16 from Transformation domain)
- Primal Instinct
- Spikes [Scythe] (Cdiv (CL16 from Transformation domain)
- Superior Resistance (SC)
- Level 1: Extend Spell
- Level 3: Persistent Spell
- Level 5: Divine Metamagic: Persistent Spell (CDiv)
- Level 7: Initiate of Mystra (PGtF)
- In a dead magic zone, caster level check DC 20 + spell level to cast / keep spells going. Antimagic field, 11 + spell level.
- Add the following spells to the spell list:
- 2nd: Spell Shield
- 3rd: Anyspell
- 5th: Spell Phylactery
- 6th: Greater Anyspell, Spellmantle
- 7th: Holy Star
- Level 9: Weapon Finesse
- +0: You may use your Dexterity Modifier instead of your Strength modifier for calculating your melee attack bonus.
- +1:Your special attacks are considered to have the Edge when you attack an opponent with a Dexterity modifier smaller than yours, even if your Base Attack Bonus is not larger.
- +6: You may use your Dexterity modifier in place of your Strength modifier when attempting to trip an opponent.
- +11: You may use your Dexterity modifier in place of your Strength modifier for calculating your melee damage.
- Level 11: Point Blank Shot
- +0: When you are within 30' of your target, your attacks with a ranged weapon gain a +3 bonus to-hit.
- +1: You add your base attack bonus to damage with any ranged attack within the first range increment.
- +6: You do not provoke an attack of opportunity when you make a ranged attack.
- +11: When armed with a Ranged Weapon, you may make attacks of opportunity against opponents who provoke them within 30' of you. Movement within this area does not provoke an attack of opportunity.
- Level 13: Rapid Shot
- Level 15: Sniper
- +0: Your range increments are 50% longer than they would ordinarily be. Any benefit of being within 30' of an opponent is retained out to 60'.
- +1: Precise Shot - You do not suffer a -4 penalty when firing a ranged weapon into melee and never hit an unintended target in close combats or grapples.
- +6: Sharp Shooting – Your ranged attacks ignore Cover Bonuses (total cover still bones you).
- +11: Opponents struck by your ranged attacks do not automatically know what square your attack came from, and must attempt to find you normally.
- Time Domain Bonus: Improved Initiative
- Lord of the Damned 1: Whispers of the Otherworld
- Lord of the Damned 3: The Path of Blood
- Lord of the Damned 5: Feed the Dark Gods
- Lord of the Damned 7: A Feast Unknown
- Lord of the Damned 9: Wrappings of the Ages
- Feat Buyoff 3 ranks: Attune Domain (Infernal)
- Feat Buyoff 6 ranks: Ghost Step
- Move Silently 0: You gain +3 to your Move Silently checks.
- Move Silently 4: Anyone attempting to use Survival to track you must beat you in an opposed check against Move Silently.
- Move Silently 9: Creatures with blindsense, blindsight, tremorsense, or similar abilities do not automatically detect your presence, but must succeed on a Listen check, opposed by your Move Silently check, to notice you.
- Move Silently 14: With success on a DC 30 Move Silently check as a standard action, you can control ambient sounds within 30 feet of yourself for a round. You can specifically duplicate any effect from control sound, silence, or ventriloquism, and in general can make sound you’ve heard come from any part of the area, displace sounds in the area, or suppress any sounds or sounds. Also, if you take a -10 penalty on your Move Silently check, anyone within 30 feet of you can substitute your check result for their own.
- Feat Buyoff 9 ranks: Subtle Cut
- +0: Any time you damage an opponent, that damage is increased by 1.
- +1: As a standard action, you can make a weapon attack that also reduces a creature's movement rate. For every 5 points of damage this attack does, reduce the creature's movement by 5'. This penalties lasts until the damage is healed.
- +6: As a standard action, you may make a weapon attack that also does 2d4 points of Dexterity damage.
- +11: Any weapon attack that you make at this level acts as if the weapon had the wounding property.
- Flaw: Two-Weapon Fighting
- +0: You suffer no penalty for doing things with your off-hand. When you make an attack or full-attack action, you may make a number of attacks with your off-hand weapon equal to the number of attacks you are afforded with your primary weapon.
- +1: While armed with two weapons, you gain an extra Attack of Opportunity each round for each attack you would be allowed for your BAB, these extra attacks of opportunity must be made with your off-hand.
- +6: You gain a +2 Shield Bonus to your armor class when fighting with two weapons and not flat footed.
- +11: You may Feint as a Swift action while fighting with two weapons.
- Flaw: Professional Luddite
- Disable Device 0: You gain +3 to your Disable Device checks. Disable Device is always a class skill for you.
- Disable Device 4: You can use your Dexterity modiﬁer instead of your Intelligence modifier for Disable Device checks. Darkness and blindness do not hinder your ability to disable devices.
- Disable Device 9: You can reduce the amount of time required to disable a device. For each multiple of 10 you beat the required DC, you can decrease the time required from 2d4 rounds to 1d4 rounds to 1 round to a standard action to a move-equivalent action to a free action.
- Disable Device 14: You can use Disable Device to end any persistent effect or area spell effect as if it was a magic trap, but the DC is 25 + twice the spell's level.
- Spellborg: Alertness
- Listen 0: You gain a +3 bonus to Listen checks.
- Listen 4: You can make a Listen check once a round as a free action. You don’t take penalties for distractions on your Listen checks.
- Listen 9: You gain blindsense to 60 feet. You don’t take penalties for ambient noise, such as loud winds. Divide any distance penalties you take on Listen checks by two.
- Listen 14: You gain blindsight to 120 feet.
- Divine Gestures (Drmg #326, gain equivalent Divine Spell Failure to Arcane Spell Failure).
- Balance 1 rank
- Bluff 18 ranks (+23)
- Concentration 17 ranks (+18)
- Knowledge (Arcana) 3 ranks (+3)
- Knowledge (Religion) 9 ranks (+9)
- Knowledge (The Planes) 4 ranks (+4)
- Disable Device 18 ranks (+29)
- Feat Buyoff 9 ranks
- Handle Animal 4 ranks (+9)
- Hide 18 ranks (+26)
- Listen 18 ranks (+31)
- Move Silently 18 ranks (+29)
- Search 18 ranks (+20)
- Sense Motive 18 ranks (+28)
- Sleight of Hand 11 ranks (+19)
- Spellcraft 5 ranks (+5)
- Spot 18 ranks (+28)
- Use Magic Device 12 ranks (+17)
- Darkvision 60'
- Outsider type
- +2 racial bonus on Spot and Listen checks
- light 1/day
- Increased Ability (+2 dex, +2 wis)
- Flight (double base landspeed, good maneuverability)
- Expanded Ability: Alertness
- Domains: Time (SC), Transformation
- Rebuke undead 7/day (23/day with nightsticks), effective rebuking level 18
- Cast transmutation spells at +1 CL (Transformation domain)
Lord of the Damned
- Aura of Evil: radiates an aura of evil.
- Train Undead: can train undead as if they were magical beasts via the Handle Animal or Knowledge (Religion) skill.
- The Hunger Denied (Su): radiates an antilife shell, but only effects undead. Can end or renew as a move action.
- Heel to the Master (Su): Can expend two uses of rebuking when using rebuking, and any undead that would be rebuked become commanded.
- Parade of Atrocities: See class.
Jack of Spades
- Sneak Attack +1d6
- Wise Learner (Wisdom instead of Intelligence to skills)
- Sneak Attack +2d6
- Trap Sense +1
- Uncanny Dodge
- Sneak Attack +4d6
- See in Darkness
- Shadow Slide (dimension slide as a move action SLA at will, must start and end in shadow)
- Shadow Strike (7d8 cold or force damage)
- darkness, deeper darkness, and shadow walk at will
- Hide in Plain Sight
- Shadow Door (dimension door as a SLA at will, must start and end in shadow)
- Improved Uncanny Dodge
- Shadow Pounce: Make a full-attack at the end of using a Shadow movement ability, this immediately ends your turn.
- Shadow Vanish: Gimpy greater teleport at will.
- Shadow Friends: SRD:Unseen Servant fun.
- Mirrorshard Blade.
- Sneak Attack +1d6
- Assassin Style: Poisonous Traitor (Black Lotus Extract, Dragon Bile, Drow Poison, Teraniv Root)
- Assassin Trick: Immolating Strike
- 0 (6): Cure Minor Wounds (x2), Detect Magic, Light, Mending, Purify Food and Drink
- 1 (8): Babau Slime (x2) (SC), Critical Strike (x5) (SC), Divine Favor [Persisted w/ Divine Metamagic]/
- - Domain: Enlarge Person
- 2 (8): Balor Nimbus (SC), Bladeweave (x3) (SC), Fearsome Grapple (x2) (SC), Lesser Restoration, Shatter
- - Domain: Alter Self
- 3 (7): Circle Dance (SC), Nauseating Breath (x2) (SC), Primal Instinct (Dragon Magic)/, Spark of Life (SC), Spikes (CDiv)/, Wind Wall
- - Domain: Haste (Persisted w/ Divine Metamagic)/
- 4 (6): Death Ward, Dimensional Anchor, Divine Power [Persisted w/ Divine Metamagic]/, Greater Magic Weapon (x2)/, Magic Vestment [Extended]/
- - Domain: Freedom of Movement
- 5 (6): Greater Magic Weapon [Extended]/, Plane Shift, Righteous Might, Slay Living, True Seeing
- - Domain: Polymorph
- 6 (5): Blade Barrier, Find the Path, Heal (x2), Superior Resistance (SC)/
- - Domain: Baleful Polymorph
- 7 (3): Blasphemy, Destruction, Holy Star (PGtF)
- - Domain: Legend Lore
- 8 (2): Antimagic Field, Wall of Greater Dispel Magic
- - Domain: Polymorph Any Object
Unlike the spartan Freya who carries a few trustworthy items, Astien is Miss Christmas Tree. And that's just how she likes it.
- 2 Light Picks (8 gold)
- +1 Spellblade [Greater Dispel Magic] Scythe [Darkwood] (8418 gold)
- Uncountable shuriken (slashing), darts (piercing), shards of broken glass (piercing/slashing), and chain links (counts as ranged clubs, bludgeoning) hidden in cloak. It also contains 3 chickens, 5 packs of playing cards, and a velociraptor.
Permanent Magic Items
- Belt of Constitution +2 (4k)
- Black Sand (created with the spell in Sandstorm, so free)
- Circlet of Presdigitation and No Light (command-word presdigitation and no light) (1.8k)
- Gloves of Dexterity +4 (16k)
- Handy Haversack in cloak form (2.2k)
- Monk's Belt (13k)
- Nightstick (4) (Libris Mortis) (30k total)
- Periapt of Wisdom +6 (36k)
- Ring of Blink (27k)
- Vestments of Resistance +1 (2k)
Consumable Magic Items
- Wand of Golemstrike (50 charges) (750)
- Wand of Gravestrike (50 charges) (750)
- Wand of Wraithstrike (50 charges) (4.5k)
Material Components and Foci
- 2 True Seeing (500)
- Special Destruction holy symbol (500)
- 200 flasks of Acid (2000)
- 10 flasks of Alchemist's Frost (200)
- 10 Healer's kits (500)
- 1 Standard Set of Adventuring Gear (100)
- Masterwork tools (200):
- Hide (that's my cloak)
- Knowledge (Religion) (The CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Metaphysics)
- Move Silently (my boots and related clothing)
- Search (a monocle? lol)
- Masterwork Thief's Tools (100)
Want to Buy
- 50 Assassin Needles (250)
- 5 Nets (100)
- +1 Splitting Shortbow (32.6k)
- Binding Dart(4.3k)
- More Nightsticks! (7.5k a piece)
Want to Sell
- Ring of Blink (at level 16)
- Belt of Constitution +2 (at level 16)
- 2 Light Picks
- Vestments of Resistance
Picked Up Stuff
- 74 GP.
- 7*700 GP
- 8*2 masterwork daggers.