Zian (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Always looking to improve their bodies, young pups would challenge each other by seeing who can throw the other the farthest. Adults prefer to use their fists. Always taking on new ways of training to beat their Alpha, the leader of the Pack, and to prove their own strength amongst their Pack. Very rarely does one rely on magic, as it is seen as lazy.
Average height of a male is at 12 feet, with females at 11 feet. Males weigh close to 1000 lbs, while the females weigh around 750 lbs. Males have short, brown to bronze to golden fur,depending on their strength, with females going from brown to red. With their bug-like eyes they are able to see almost 320 degrees, also with sharp, pointy ears on top of their heads. The Alpha is the only one in the Pack able to use the two wings on its back, that due to their size they no longer need, to fly.
Though they prefer to train on their own, if another creature is able to keep up with them, the Zian creates a bond with them.
The Zian tend to stay neutral in all things outside of combat. But pride themselves in proper rules of engagement.
Love to stay in forests surrounded by mountains. Though some seek to live closer to war zones.
The Zian worship an ancient ancestor named Carloc as a god of combat. Carloc is the first Zian to defeat a god through sheer force, claiming that through harsh, yet proper training, anything is possible. The Zian now seek the best training regimen to perfect their form and minds.
Common, Draconic, Elven are among some of the languages they use most frequently, some even know uncommon.
The Zian are given two names, one at birth and another once they reach adulthood. The first is given to them by their mothers, and the Second they must earn through great acts of strength. Common Second names are: Stone-breaker, Dragon-hunter, Ghost-whisperer.
- +5 Strength, +2 Constitution, −2 Intelligence, −4 Charisma: They possess great physiques, but lack in proper communication skills.
- Monstrous Humanoid : At a distance they appear human but with a face of bat.
- Zian base land speed is 60 feet: Alphas can fly at 60 feet
- Darkvision (Ex)
- Improved Grab (Ex): If a creature with this special attack hits with a melee weapon (usually a claw or bite attack), it deals normal damage and attempts to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. No initial touch attack is required.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Undercommon. Bonus Languages: Elven, Draconic.
- Favored Class: .
- Level Adjustment:
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|>75 years||>95 years||>125 years||+150 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||11' 6"||+2d6||500 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|
|Female||10' 4"||+3d4||300 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Races [[Category:<!-race's type-> Type]] [[Category:<!-race's subtype; or remove line-> Subtype]] [[Category:<!-race's size-> Size]] [[Category:LA<!-#->]] [[Category:ECL<!-#->]]