Yuki-onna, Variant (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
A race that lives high in the snowy drifts and icy caves of mountains. They revel in the simple ways of life enjoying song and art. They're natural ability to modle the ice around them allows them to better harmonize with baron wasteland of ice they call home. Male Yuki-onna do not exist. During the coldest days in winter Yuki-onna reach their natural point of fertility. This time lasts for a few days, so Yuki-onna travel down the mountain, select a mate and then disappear when they have conceived. The children are then born 6 months later and cared for by the whole tribe. Females born are always pureblooded Yuki-onna, no matter what race the father was. Male Yuki-onna are simply returned to the village where they were conceived and may experience a natural resistance to cold. Yuki-onna do not need to eat or drink, but do need to "restore" there vitality by spending some time in a cold environment(which can be generated by her own magics).
Yuki-onna tend to be reclusive in nature. This gives them a bad reputation among the many races that name them emotionless and even heartless. Yuki-onna however are not too unknown for their kindness to lost travellers as they often offer them any comfort they can provide. Their also playful under their frigid exterior, as they are capable of real love as told in their stories and songs.
Yuki-onna are a lot like the females of their human cousins. Their skin is often pale white or sometimes light blue. Their hair can be shades of black, blue or violet.
Yuki-onna are not known for their socializing skills and are often considered rude by both Elven and Dwarven society. However this is because Yuki-onna are shy and are in awe of the other races that in habit the world beyond the snow. Yuki-onna feel safer associating with human or anything half-human, due to the fact that they resemble them greatly.
Yuki-onna are usually Neutral in alignment. However, a single Yuki-onna maybe any alignment they wish.
Yuki-onna is at home in snowy frigid temperatures that most races might find unbearable, However, the reverse could be said for Yuki-onna, who find it terribly difficult to exist outside of such temperatures.
Yuki-onna main religion is that of the deity Hleid. However not every Yuki-oni follows her teaching and substitutes which ever religion they choose without fear of segregation.
Yuki-onna speak common but often prefer speaking in Spirit Tongue.
Yuki-onna names often start with M or S.
Example. Mizore, Shiyaka, Shirahime, Miyasato
Yuki-onna rarely leave the comfort of their cold domains but every so often there is one or more that wish to see more than wind swept snow banks. These Yuki-onna leave the safety of the snow and go on amazing adventures to add to their people's songs and stories.
- Fey blooded, Yuki-onna are fey blooded and therefore are weak to cold iron weapons and are not subject to spells that specifically target humanoids specifically charm or hold person.
- +4 Intelligence, +2 Charisma −2 Strength: Yuki-onna like to develop their natural ability to control ice rather than expand their physical ability.
- Humanoid (Cold): Yuki-onna take no minus in frigid environments.
- Yuki-onna base land speed is 20 feet.
- Immunity to Cold
- Paralysing Gaze (Su): Yuki-onna can paralyse creatures with a look. Yuki-onna must make a standard action and anyone merely looking at it and can see it's eyes are affected. The target(s) must make a Will save or be affect by a hold monster spell as if cast by an 8th level sorcerer. 30 foot range. 1/day, 3/day at level 8
- Ice Claws (Ex): Yuki-onna can freeze their hands over into large ice claw like appendages as they see fit. These claws deal 2d4 of slash damage.
- Ice Darts (Ex): Yuki-onna can shoot projectile ice shards. These shards do 2d4 each of piercing damage. They can fire one dart plus one additional dart every 3rd level. Range: Close (25 ft. +5 ft./2 levels)
- Chill the Room (Ex): Yuki-onna can lower the temperature of any room she is in by 10 degrees/level
- Ice Creation magic (Ex): Yuki-onna can create simple items out of ice which will melt in 10 minutes except for rare occasions which they'll create blue ice accidentally (When rolling a nat 20 for crafting)
- Cold Subtype (Ex): Cold immunity; double damage from fire except on successful save.
- Yuki-onna at level one can gain an Ancestrial feat called Yusora's Ice: This feat links the Yuki-onna back to the very first Yuki-onna and as such the Yuki-onna's Ice Claws instead do a 2d10 of slashing damage, her Ice darts range is increased to (30 ft. +10 ft./2 levels), and at level 10 she can cast Kiss of death as a 9th level caster 1/day
- Automatic Languages: Common, Spirit Tongue. Bonus Languages: Sylvan, Abyssal, Celestial, and any non-secret.
- Favored Class: Sorcerer, Wizard, Bard.
- Level Adjustment:+1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|100 years||275 years||350 years||+4d100 years|