Yern (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Yerns often shroud themselves in society trying to hide their features. They do no appreciate unneeded attention and are often hermits. They are commonly wary of outsiders. However once a yern makes a friend they are very extroverted and friendly. Yerns enjoy being in nature for they feel at home with their own kind.
Yerns stand typically at about 5'5 and have a slender human like build. Their skin at first site appears like that of a human but if one were to look closer they would see that it is slightly green. Their hair an eyes are what sets them apart from humans. Their hair looks green and thick because it is made of stands of grass. their eyes and black shiny orbs. A yern's biology resembles that of plant. She must drink water every day but has no need to eat. However she does need 8 hours of sunlight every day in order for sustenance.
Yerns get along best with goodly sylvan creatures. Often city people do not understand the yern and her way of existence.
Often chaotic neutral
Any. Though rare yern can be found any where in the world. some adapt and become fungus like to live under ground.
Obad hai is the typical god of the Yern
Common and any other language of the material plane.
Same as local race to their birth.
- +2 Cha +2 Wis -2 Str
- Yerns base land speed is 30 ft
- Yerns have low light vision
- Speak with plants: Yern can speak with plants at will.
- Vulnerable to fire: Yerns take damage and a half from fire damage.
- Unusual anatomy: Due to their strange anatomy yerns are not subject to critical hits
- Unusual anatomy: yerns need only sunlight and water for sustenance. They can change their anatomy which takes one month to live under ground in which they lose all of their grass like hair and grow fungus like hair. like this they need water and other plants to eat.however in this form they are fatigued while in direct sun light.
- If a Yern stays in a jungle for more than a day they must make a fort save 16 daily or turn into a Youst
- Automatic Languages: Common and other
- Favored Class: Druid
- Level Adjustment: +2
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|40 years||55 years||65 years||+2d10 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 2"||+1d8||80 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Female||4' 8"||+1d8||70 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|