Woren, BoF (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Worens are territorial and somewhat savage, they tend towards tribal and/or warrior mentalities. However, if one can gain their trust or friendship, they can be some of the best and loyal allies one can find. They have a culture that prioritizes strength and fighting ability, and a physical form geared towards speed and agility more than anything. If a trespasser is found in their claimed area, a fight will ensue. Mostly for the purpose of testing the trespassers worthiness to enter the Woren lands.
Worens appear to be bipedal, feline anthropomorphs of varying degrees. Some have a heavy appearance as a tiger, while others look more human with only a bit of the usual features of the Woren (tail, lightly furred areas, cat ears, and clawed feet). The males have an average height of five foot ten inches and an average weight of a hundred and thirty pounds. Most of the males appear more as bipedal, humanoid tigers than human. The females have an average height of five foot one inch and an average weight of a hundred lbs. About half of the females are more human looking than tiger, with some of the general features here and there, but the other half appear as bipedal, humanoid tigers.
Worens treat every race as a potential threat, except for the wyndians, whom they have had close relations and treaties with for centuries. However, beyond their territory they tend to relax and only become confrontational towards others instead of hostile.
Worens tend towards Lawful or Chaotic and Good or Neutral, not many sit within the realm of Neutral Good, True Neutral or any Evil. Though there have been exceptions to the case before. The reason for this is that the Woren tribes culture inadvertently pushes its members to the extremes of Lawful and Chaotic. Or that the very few evil members eventually see no place in the tribe, deciding to venture out on their own to accomplish their goals.
Worens come from the grass plains that lie west of Wyndia, their settlements usually right on the edge of the vast forest that surrounds the giant expanse of flat, grassy land. They are the only group to use whelks for transport, others usually just use some kind of vehicle or hoof it.
Due to the Endless, Cho Ryong, living within the grass plains that the woren hail from, they have a few cultural ceremonies and festivals presented to the Grass Dragon. However, they are majorly a warrior-tribe culture and have little need for religion. This said, the elders of the tribe consult their 'ancestors' for advice and counsel for various things and some even tend to worship their ancestors, especially those that have become legend.
Worens start with the ability to speak and read Common and Undercommon. Additionally, they can learn Wyndian, ???, etc.
Male Names: Rei, Cray
Female Names: Katt, Lin
- +4 DEX, -2 WIS & CHA: Worens are extremely agile, but not very wise and lack the practice of social interaction.
- Humanoid (Feline): Worens are anthropomorphic tiger-people
- Medium: no bonuses or penalties
- A worens base land speed is 40 feet: Climb Speed of half their land speed
- Worens gain a +8 to Climb checks due to their natural Climb Speed and a +4 to Jump due to their naturally high speed.
- Worens gain a +4 to Tumble checks
- Automatic Languages: Common & Undercommon. Bonus Languages: ???
- Favored Class: Fighter, Scout
- Level Adjustment: +0
Some Woren are born with an 'unnatural' ability, roll d% at creation, if 25 or below, the woren gains the following ability.
- Weretiger: As a swift action, the Woren are able to transform into the form of a Weretiger and can do this a number of times per day equal to half their level. In this form, they gain the following bonuses: Land Speed +20 feet (+10 climb speed); +6 STR, +2 DEX, +4 CON, -4 WIS & CHA; -2 AC, two claw attacks (1d6 slashing - 20/x2), the rend ability and lose any control what-so-ever. Every time they change their target, or want to change their target, the were-tiger must roll a Will Save (10 + LV) or roll a d8 (1 being forward and proceeding clockwise around the were-tiger) and attack the first moving creature in the direction specified. If successful, they must attack the closest living enemy to them. Re-rolling again only when the target is dead, non-moving or they get attacked by another being. This form lasts a number of rounds equal to 3 + improved CON Modifier. After reverting back to their regular form, the Woren are left fatigued until this ability is used again or they receive a short rest.
* Rend: If both Claw attacks hit, you latch on and tear that opponent. Automatically deal an additional 2d6+(1.5x STR MOD) damage to the opponent.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|38 years||52 years||70 years||+2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 0"||+2d10||90 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 5"||+2d8||70 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|