Woodekin (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Descended from a pairing of humans and dryads, woodekin tend to be shy, though not to the extent of their dryad ancestors. Despite this, they are capable of great love and care, feeling a strong connection with the woodlands and its inhabitants.
Woodekin have bark-colored skin, though it's as smooth as a human's. They run the full range of human hair colors, though it always has a faint tint that depends on the season: greenish in spring and summer, fading to reddish in the fall and winter. Their eyes are various shades of greens and browns. Woodekin have the height, weight, and build of half-elves.
Any race that reveres nature often befriend woodekin, including elves and fey, though anyone who doesn't cause needless destruction of nature tends to get along with them.
Woodekin are usually good, but this is by no means a rule. However, no woodekin will willingly cause needless destruction to plants of any sort.
Forests are the obvious choice of home for woodekin, but anywhere with plant life is suitable.
Woodekin often revere nature itself rather than a deity, though a deity of nature is also a common choice.
Being creatures close to nature and fey, woodekin speak sylvan as their native tongue, but their human ancestors lend the language of common as another one that they commonly teach their children.
Woodekin are named after aspects of nature, especially plants. Vine, Branch, Berry, and Root are all common names.
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma: Woodekin share some of the abilities of their dryad ancestry, but their innate ability isn't as strong.
- Fey: A woodekin's connection to nature is still strong enough for them to be considered fey.
- Medium: As medium creatures, woodekin gain no bonuses or penalties due to size.
- Woodekin base land speed is 30 ft.
- Wild empathy (Ex): As the druid special ability, using character level as druid level. If the woodekin also has the wild empathy ability from a class, use their racial wild empathy modifier or their class wild empathy modifier plus one-half their character level, whichever would result in the higher modifier.
- Minor plant dependancy (Su): If there are no living plants within 30 ft. of a woodekin, they are sickened. This cannot be healed by any means, but goes away when a living plant is within 30 ft. of them.
- Spell-Like Ability: at will—speak with plants. Caster level is equal to character level.
- Automatic Languages: Common and sylvan. Bonus Languages: Elven.
- Favored Class: Druid.
- Level Adjustment: +0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|40 years||60 years||80 years||+3d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 7"||+2d8||100 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 5"||+2d8||80 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|