Witch (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Witches are an inherently magical subspecies of humanity, with a potential to become extremely powerful and dangerous.
As a subspecies of humanity, witches are generally neutral to most species, though even the best tend to be somewhat wary of strangers. Witches, regardless to their alignment, tend to live in hide or in disguise, fear that revealing their true nature to others would cause harm to them and their loved ones.
There is absolutely no physical difference between a human and a witch. However, if they desire so, witches can change their eye color into brilliant green, regardless of what their natural eye color is.
Like all other humans, witches have variable relations with other races, colored by their natural tendency to reject strangers. However, due to their magical nature, they tend to be less afraid of paranormal beings.
Usually deities of magic.
Common, Arcane, one Elemental language: Aquan (water), Auran (air), Ignan (fire), Terran (earth).
- +6 strength, +2 dexterity, +6 constitution, +2 intelligence, +6 wisdom, +4 charisma.
- Medium Humanoid (Human): Witches are, in fact, a subspecies of humans.
- Witches base land speed is 60 feet
- Supernatural Durability: Witches are very resistant to damage; they have damage reduction 10/magic, a +6 bonus to natural armor, resistance 5 to cold, electricity and fire, spell resistance 20 + their HD and an additional +2 bonus on all Fortitude saves made for the purpose of resisting death effects.
- Healing Factor: Witches restore 1 HP per 3 hours of activity, or 1 HP per an hour of rest, 1 point of ability damage per 6 hours, and 1 point of drained ability per 4 days. They also have a +12 racial bonus on Fortitude checks.
- Heightened Senses: Witches have a +6 bonus on Spot and Listen checks, Blindsense out to 30 feet, Darkvision out to 120 feet and Low-Light Vision(*4).
- Extreme Longevity: After they reach maturity, witches age extremely slowly. They can live for millennia, however are not immortal and will eventually die of old age.
- Telekinesis (Sp): Witches can use Telekinesis at will, with caster level equal to their HD. Over time, they can develop this ability into Greater telekinesis.
- Teleportation (Sp): Witches can use Dimension Door at will, with caster level equal to their HD. Over time, they can develop this ability into Teleport and then into Greater Teleport.
- Telepathic Ability (Su): Witches can communicate telepathically with any other sentient creature (whose Intelligence score is 3 or higher) within a 30 feet radius. Over time, they can increase the range of this ability and also can learn to use it in order to hear people's thoughts and read people's memories.
- Glamouring (Sp): Witches can use Disguise Self at will, with caster level equal to their HD, except the effect lasts until they wish to remove it.
- Divination (Sp): Witches can use Clairaudience/Clairvoyance, Detect Magic and Scrying at will, with caster level equal to their HD, except the use takes one move action, and the effects last only as long as they concentrate on the ability.
- Restoration (Sp): Witches can use Cure Minor Wounds and Make Whole at will, with caster level equal to their HD. They can use Cure Minor Wounds on themselves. Over time, they can develop these abilities into similar stronger ones (in order of potency).
- Magical Soul: Witches are inherently magical. They can cast any spell as either/any combination of/both quicken, rapid, silent and still spell, without using up a higher spell slot than the spell’s actual level.
- Witches gain the feats: Endurance, Eschew Materials, Ignore Material Components, Improved Unarmed Strike, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes and Track, even if they don't meet the prerequisites.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Arcane, one Elemental language. Bonus Languages: Any, including secret languages like Druidic.
- Favored Class: Wizard, Sorcerer.
- Level Adjustment: +6
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|2400 years||3200 years||4000 years||+5d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4’ 10”||+2d10||120 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4’ 5”||+2d10||85 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|