Wind Dancer (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
Wind Dancers embrace the essence of the wind, learning to control it and use it in empowered techniques.
- Finesse Weapon Proficiency
You become proficient in all finesse weapons.
- Wind Bursts
Starting at 3rd level, you gain the ability to execute bursts of wind empowered techniques. After a short or long rest gain Burst Points equal to your Dexterity modifier. Your Dexterity modifier also serves as your maximum Burst Points. Use these Burst Points to execute Zephyr Steps. The max amount of Burst Points you may spend in a single round of combat is 1, this number increases by 1 at levels 10(2 points) and 15(3 points).
You can regain expended Burst Points in two ways:
- When you score a critical hit with a with a finesse weapon you regain 1 Burst Point.
- When you succeed on a Dexterity saving throw regain 1 Burst Point.
- Zephyr Steps
Some of your Zephyr Steps require your target to make a saving throw to resist the feature's effects. The saving throw DC is calculated as follows:
Zephyr Step save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Dexterity modifier
- Quick Strike: Starting at 3rd level, you learn to let the wind guide your hand for an extra strike. Spend 1 Burst Point, use your bonus action to make one Attack with a finesse weapon you are currently wielding.
- Burst of Wind: Starting at 7th level, you learn to channel your energy into controlling the air around you in some way. Spend X Burst Points to cast a spell you can cast using Attunement of Air where X is the level of the spell. Alternatively spend X+1 Burst Points to do this as a bonus action.
- Wind Blast: Starting at 10th level, you learn to make a blast of wind emanate from your weapon as you swing it. When making a Melee Attack you may choose to Spend 1 or more Burst Points and choose to give your Attack one of these 3 effects:
- Slicing Winds- This attack targets all creatures in a 15-foot cone are hit by this attack. A creature takes your Melee Attack damage + 2d10 force damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. The force damage from this increases by 2d10 for each Burst Point spent.
- Forceful Winds- Your Attack has a range of 20 feet, on a successful attack target must make a Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, a creature takes the damage of your Melee Attack + 2d10 force damage and is pushed 10 feet away from you. On a successful save, the creature takes half as much damage and isn't pushed.The force damage from this increases by 2d10 for each Burst Point spent.
- Piercing Winds- Your Attack has a range of 30 feet, on a successful attack target must make a Dexterity saving throw. The creature takes your Melee Attack damage + 3d10 force damage on a failed save, or half as much on a successful save. The force damage from this increases by 2d10 for each Burst Point spent.
- Wispy Form: Starting at 15th level, you learn to take the the form of the flowing wind for a few seconds. Spend 1 Burst Point, use your bonus action to dodge and move your speed.
- Wind’s Grace: Starting at 18th level, you learn to use the wind to enhance your movement. When making a Move action you may choose to Spend 1 Burst Point and choose to give your Move one of these effects
- Grand Dash- Dash in a straight line at incredible speeds. Move up to your speed + 15 feet in a line, this does not provoke attacks of opportunity. Alternatively, spend 2 Burst Points to do this as a bonus action.
- Grand Leap- Leap into the air and be held in place for a few seconds. Jump up to 20 feet into the air and hover in place until the end of your next turn or until you decide to fall. You take no fall damage and this does not provoke attacks of opportunity. Alternatively spend 2 Burst Points to do this as a bonus action.
- Attunement of Air
|7||Gust of Wind|
|15||Freedom of Movement (self cast only)|
Starting at 7th level, you learn the secrets of manipulating the air around you. At 7th level you learn the gust cantrip. At certain levels you learn spells that you can cast once per long rest, as shown on the following chart to the right:
Wisdom is your spellcasting modifier for these spells.
- Whispering Winds
At level 10, you gain the ability to use the wind to carry noises between 2 locations or creatures. Concentrate on a creature or location within 1000 feet of your current location. After channeling for 1 minute. As long as you maintain concentration your voice will be carried to the creature or location by the wind and noise from that creature or location will be carried to you. You may choose to make this effect 1-sided in either direction. This fails if there is no route for the wind to connect between you and your target, such as being inside a building. You regain the use of this ability upon completing a short or long rest.
At level 15, gain the ability to enter a state where you can walk on the wind as if it a solid object. Spend a bonus action to enter a windwalking stance for 1 hour. During this time, you gain a fly speed equal to your speed. However, moving directly upwards costs 2 feet for every 1 foot ascended. You regain the ability to enter this state upon finishing a long rest.
- Fleet Movements
At level 18, the wind guides your movement. While wearing light or no armor, gain +3 to Initiative, your Dexterity bonus to AC(Based on Armor Type) is doubled, and you have advantage on Dexterity saving throws.