- +2 Dexterity, –2 Strength: On average, the Wild Gnome is more frail of body than the Rock Gnome. However, they make up for their lack by being more nimble.
- Humanoid (Gnome).
- Small size: +1 bonus to Armor Class, +1 bonus on attack rolls, +4 bonus on Hide checks, –4 penalty on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits 3/4 those of Medium characters.
- A Wild Gnome’s base land speed is 20 feet.
- Low-Light Vision (Ex): A wild gnome can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Weapon Familiarity: Wild Gnomes may treat gnome hooked hammers as martial weapons rather than exotic weapons.
- +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against kobolds and goblinoids.
- +4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against monsters of the giant type. Any time a creature loses its Dexterity bonus (if any) to Armor Class, such as when it’s caught flat-footed, it loses its dodge bonus, too.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen checks.
- +4 racial bonus to Hide checks in a wooded area.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Gnome. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan. In addition, a Wild Gnome can speak with a forest mammal (a fox, rabbit, squirrel, or the like, see below). This ability is innate to Wild Gnomes. See the speak with animals spell description.
- Spell-Like Ability: 1/day—speak with animals (forest mammal only, duration 1 minute). A Wild Gnome with a Wisdom score of at least 11 also has the following spell-like abilities: 1/day—Animal Messenger, Know Direction, Pass without Trace. Caster level is 1st. The save DC is Wisdom-based.
- Favored Class: Ranger. A multiclass Wild Gnome’s ranger class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty.
- Level Adjustment: +0
Table: Wild Gnome Random Starting Ages
Table: Wild Gnome Aging Effects
Table: Wild Gnome Random Height and Weight
||× (1) lb.
||× (1) lb.
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Races