Wendigos (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The Wendigo is a mythical creature believed to be born through the misery of a cursed wanderer who's lost his way in the wilderness. The Wendigo are great creatures of immense power capable of tearing large creatures apart with ease. A Wendigo is considered a cursed creature who brings only destruction and misery in nearby villages.
Born through an act of great despair from a dying being, the Wendigo rules the wilderness with its highly advanced characteristic traits.
The Wendigo can be of various different forms depending on its previous shape before its corruption. Evolved to have a great size, it stands on both legs that are usually morphed into a goat leg hybrid. Its body is covered with fur and has a distinctive humanoid shape. Its head is the skull of the victim with sharp teeth and glowing red eyes. Muscles of the Wendigo can be seen as its bones gradually turns into muscle and skin tissue around its neck, hands and feet. The Wendigo possesses sharp claws of bones used to tear into the flesh and/or scales/armors of its foes.
The Wendigo holds no strong relations with living beings in general. It will most likely hunt it down to later on consume it.
Chaotic Evil, Chaotic Neutral.
Widlerness such as forests, jungles, plains or tundras.
The Wendigo does not speak, but it can comprehend others and, if it deems a being valuable or worthy, can communicate with them through short facial responses. Choice of up to 2 languages to comprehend.
- +2 Strength, +3 Consitution, +3 Dexterity, -2 Intelligence, -4 Charisma.
- Undead Type, Humanoid Type
- Medium or Large sized, depending on the victim's previous size.
- Wendigo base land speed is 40 on two legs, 60 on all four.
- Darkvision out of 50 feet.
- Wolf Empathy (Ex): Communicate with wolves , and +4 racial bonus on Charisma-based checks against wolves.
- Immunity to frost, poison, disease and death effects.
- Weakness to fire: Damage from fire sources is 1.5x times.
- Claw Hands: Can't wield weapons. Instead the Wendigo deals 1d10+1.5 times the level of the player, rounded up.
- Bloodthirsty Hound: Every successful hit on an enemy with Claw Hands heals the Wendigo of half the damage dealt.
- Animal Instinct: When a projectile is thrown, if it reaches within 10 feet of the Wendigo, the player can roll a Reflex check to dodge the projectile.
- Cannot heal over time. Must consume flesh to reform wounds and heal health. Negative energy can still heal the undead.
- Wolf Chase: A Wendigo on four legs can double its base land speed for a turn as a Standard Action. If a target is encountered during this chase, the target is staggered for its next turn and cannot move.
- Automatic Languages: Common Bonus Languages: Choice of two(Can only comprehend the languages)
- Favored Class: Rogue, Druid
- Level Adjustment: +2