Way of the Nightfury (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
There has always been a demon inside you, clawing at your inner self for rage and destruction. You've held it back for most of your life, focusing on calming, important things like family and meditation. Over time your inner evil has come to respect you as a strong willed individual, and instead is trying to bargain for freedom, or at the very least, satisfaction.
- At level 3
- Talon and Fang
Communicating with your inner self has given you the knowledge of channeling your power into weapons so that they feel like an extension of yourself.
- Pick 2 weapons, they become your 'natural' weapons along with your unarmed strikes. you gain proficiency with these weapons and they are considered monk weapons if they do not have the Two-Handed or Heavy properties. You may choose an additional weapon at levels 6, 11 and 17
- You can use a bonus action on your turn to activate the power within yourself and these weapons and gain an additional Martial Arts die of damage on all attacks made until your next turn.
- At level 3
- Embrace the Dragon
Agreeing to your inner self's terms, you grasp a small bit of the rage inside you, and direct it towards your muscles.
- Spend 1 ki point to become faster, gaining a bonus 10ft of movement speed for this round. You can feel the pressure in your arms as you build towards a charging strike. If you move more than 20ft before your attack this turn, your attack deals an additional Martial Arts die of damage.
- At level 6
- Vicious Tail
Quick to strike, and quicker to punish, your inner self demands that those who dare strike at you be destroyed in turn.
- When being attacked in combat by melee, you may use 1 Ki point and your reaction to attack in response, provided your are still conscious. If this attack is with your 'natural' weapon, it does an additional 1d4 fire damage. You may use this ability to react to opportunity attacks.
- At level 6
- Piercing Fire
Spending time deliberating and meditating with your inner self has led it to grow with you. The power of it's will shall not be overcome.
- You may treat your 'natural' weapons, unarmed strikes and innate fire damage as magical and supernatural for the purposes of overcoming damage resistance and immunity to nonmagical damage, or resistance to fire damage.
- Your Martial Arts damage die is increased by 1 size, and damage done of this type is now fire damage. Additionally, at level 18, your damage die increases by an additional 2 sizes.
- At level 11
- Searing Strikes
Your inner self has become a part of who you are. In tandem, you have discovered the ability release a part of their anger and will through your body and weapons.
- You may expend up to 4 Ki points in any combination of abilities:
- Enhance 'natural' weapons and unarmed strikes you use with an additional 1d4 fire damage for rounds equal to your Wisdom modifier.
- Enhance 'natural' weapons and unarmed strikes you use with a +1 bonus for rounds equal to your Wisdom modifier.
- Increase the size of your Martial Arts die by 1 for rounds equal to your Wisdom modifier.
- You cannot use this ability again until you finish a long rest. You may use this ability again after a short rest, but it immediately comes with 2 point of exhaustion.
- At level 17
- Unleash the Dragon
The demon within you has become you, your inner self is your true self, and you can unleash their full power through your body.
- As a bonus action, spend 10 Ki points to have your inner self burst forth into reality. Transform your body into a half demon half dragon medium sized humanoid creature wreathed in shadow and flame. This transformation lasts for rounds equal to (2 x Wisdom Modifier) The ethereal wings on your back grant you a fly speed of (40ft + bonuses) and your body is toughened with the hide of a dragon, as well as obscured by shadow, granting you a +3 bonus to natural armor (AC).
- Upon transformation, all enemies in a 40ft radius are subject to a DC (8 + Proficiency + Wisdom Modifier) Wisdom save or be terrified.
- While your inner self and you are melded, your amount of Martial Arts die are doubled and you do not need to use a Ki point to activate 'Embrace the Dragon'. You are also immune to fire damage, but vulnerable to radiant damage.
- Additionally, you gain the ability to use a breath weapon, dealing 8d8 fire damage in a 15ft cone, with a recharge time of 1d6 rounds.
- You cannot use this ability again until you complete a long rest.