Vulash (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The Valush are a very friendly race. They tend to be rather empathetic towards others and are usually good judges of character. It is a rare sight to see a Valush become angry, and it is not healthy to cause such a thing. They are kind allies, but far more dangerous foes. They fight mercilessly and sometimes have a sick sense of humor, leading some to believe they retained some of their vile nature, though they deny it fervently.
The Valush aren't made of flesh, but instead seem to be made of solidified darkness. They have two glowing eyes, either golden, silver, or green, with slitted pupils. They have a strange mouth, as it appears similar to a human's when speaking, but it can open very wide, nearly ear to ear. When like this, the teeth and lips are one and the same, the mouth just an opening with sharp, spiked teeth. It is assumed they use this to intimidate foes. Being made of darkness, some believe they can change shape, but this is not the case. They wear armour and clothing, hiding their forme completely in order to protect themselves from daylight, which weakens them considerably.
The Valush get along with any race that accepts them, though, when others mention their lack of a true body, they become self-conscious and distant. They are very insightful, and can usually guess what their comrades are thinking by facial expressions and tone of voice. They have been known to marry those of other races, though they tend to outlive their spouse. They cannot have children outside their own race.
Valush may be any alignment except evil.
The Valush are comfortable in most places, yet avoid places with a bad or evil aura about them.
Valush may worship any gods aside from evil or light based gods. They tend to favour gods of shadow and darkness.
They speak Common and Dark Speech. They know Dark Speech due to their original nature, though they hate it and are almost impossible to convince to use it, even in the most dire circumstances. They can also learn Dwarven, Elven, Infernal, Abyssal, and Undercommon.
When a Valush comes into being, it chooses it's own name, usually based on what it sees around it, so they tend to have names based on objects or creatures(ex: stone: Obsidian/Quarts/Marble wolf: Fang/Canis/Wolf) and their own personality. They only have one name, unless they have a reason to take a second.
- +1 Wisdom; +1 Charisma, +1 Dexterity, +1 Strength -3 Constitution: Valush are strong, nimble, intuitive, and charismatic, though having their physical form torn away caused bad constitution.
- Outsider, Native: The Valush lost their bodies and became made up of their natural affinity, instead, darkness.
- Medium: No bonuses
- Immunity to diseases, poisons, and spells that effect flesh, organs and blood.
- Valush still require to eat, breath, and sleep.
- Valush take a -2 penalty to all dice checks and save rolls while in daylight. Daylight spells do not have effect.
- Valush base land speed is 30 feet: 50% speed increase in moonlight, 25% decrease in speed in daylight.
- Valush are weak to fire. They take 50% more damage from fire based attacks.
- Valush have a natural aversion to fire. When near a natural flame (ex. torch), a Valush must make Will Save of 15. If successful, they become shaken, but if they fail, they become panicked.
- +2 to hide and move silently while in moonlight and dark areas.
- Incorporeal Form(ex): Twice a day, the character is able to become incorporeal for 5 minutes.
- Sight Beyond Sight(ex): Every turn, the character may switch between normal sight and blindsight as a free action.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Dark Speech. Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Undercommon, Goblin, Infernal
- Favored Class: No preference to class.
- Level Adjustment:
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|190 years||275 years||382 years||+6d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6' 8"||+1d6||35 lb.||× 1d4 lb.|
|Female||6' 3"||+1d6||30 lb.||× 1d4 lb.|