Vraaden (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
In the background of every gathering a Vraaden sits and laughs, taking in the world and enjoying it all the way.
Vraaden are sometimes seem strange to the humans around them due to their pessimistic views, but optimistic dispositions toward them. The Vraaden greatly enjoy entertaining and being in large groups, and like to build good relations with as many people and groups as possible. This is also useful because Vraaden, also known as Leeches, live directly off of the energy around them. A Vraaden is commonly witty and mildly teasing, and will carry physical discomfort willingly toward the pleasure of others.
Vraaden are indistinguishable from humans in almost every aspect. They tend to be pale of skin and of darker hair, with brown to green-yellow eyes. Their bodies, however, are actually slightly weaker than that of a human; due to their half-changed bodies, the Vraaden have multiple vestigal organs that try to function but cannot. Instead if internally processing food for energy, Vraaden are enchanted with a magical field, or 'Leech field', that uses outside energy sources for the Vraaden's actions. This field makes causes them to be able to not eat, though they still may do so if they wish, but their bodies simply cannot store any sort of energy on its own.
|Darkness||Dim light||Bright light||Heat/Sunlight|
Vraaden share the same relations as humans, and though they carry a distinctive distaste towards races of lesser mental ability, they will likely be found socializing with those races due to them being easier to entertain.
Vraaden come in all dispositions, though they tend to gravitate toward neutrals and away from chaos
Vraaden live almost anywhere humans live, though they try to avoid dry desert climates. Within these locales, the various Vraaden may or may not gather as groups, though they are likely to instinctively know of any other Vraaden in an area after meeting them.
Vraaden never were a particularly religious group, simply going through the motions of whatever religion they were immersed in without taking it to heart. Recently though, Vraaden have begun to follow Kryou, a great Vraaden hydrokineticist that ascended to godhood to give non-believing Vraaden a place to go for their afterlife.
Vraaden speak common, though they will usually learn undercommon or goblin in order to better relate to the lower races.
Vraaden receive human names as they are born, but most will adopt a private name for themself that they may or may not tell to others.
- −2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, +4 Charisma: The Vraaden have slightly unstable bodies, but tend to have a quicker mind, wit, and tongue than a normal human.
- Humanoid: A Vraaden is a human with magical properties.
- Medium: As medium creatures, Vraaden have no bonuses or penalties based on their size.
- A Vraaden's base land speed is 30 ft
- Energy Affinity of the Leech (Su): Vraaden only take half damage from energy based attacks. Furthermore, for each point of energy damage prevented this way, you gain one energy point. Energy points dissipate after 2 rounds. A Vraaden may have 10 energy points per hit die.
- Energy channeling of the leech (Su): As standard action, a Vraaden may channel the energy points he has into an energy attack. This attack can take the form of a 60 foot line, a 30 foot cone, or a 20 foot circle, and deals damage equal to the number of energy points you expend to use it and of any energy type you choose.
- Spell-Like Ability: 1/day—Suggestion. Caster level is 10 + Charisma modifier. The save DC is Charisma-based.
- Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Bard; Vraaden prefer to be in groups of others, and enjoy entertaining.
- Level Adjustment: +2
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|56 years||70||90 years||+3d12 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 10"||+2d10||120 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 5"||+2d10||85 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|