Voidborn, Xer'Sai (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Xer'Sai are creatures spawned from the depths of the Abyss. A dull and chaotic dimension between space and time. Only the most foul and vicious creatures can survive in the Abyss and thus the Xer'Sai are ruthless predators of the Abyss. Feasting on anything weaker, slower or, less cunning then themselves they age and grow rapidly in strength and size. A Xer'Sai has, just like all Voidborn, the ability to consume more than necessary converting the excess biomass into bodymass.
Xer'Sai are always female creatures though they can reproduce with any other Voidborn, producing new Xer'Sai eggs in the process. Their large, scaled bodies are built for extensive burrowing and thus they have no eyes. Though their purple flesh is quite soft, their plate mail-like scales more than make up for it. Xer'Sai spend a majority of their time underground, lurking for prey, awaiting the perfect time to pounce up from the ground. Xer'sai have 4 insectlike legs, 2 bulky arms with large claws and a mouth full of enormous fangs. Xer'Sai are usually dark toned creatures, sporting colours that resemble the night. The scale on their back acts like a shark's fin.
There's only 2 ways to gain respect from a Xer'Sai. One way is by proving yourself to be stronger/faster/smarter than them. The other way requires a bit more luck and patience, as you need to build up trust slowly, giving her less reason to feed off you. Bringing food or helping her stay fed might help in this process.
Xer'Sai are usually Lawful Evil, following the law of the strongest.
Xer'Sai are originally from the Abyss. When they arrive on the material plane, they tend to gravitate to areas with loose underground (deserts, marshes, ...). They avoid urban areas, because of the restrictions on her burrowing and the risk of a mass of armed guards when hunting there.
Though Xer'Sai usually have no interest in religion, one might think they are blessed by Malar, God Of The Hunt, when observing their hunting practices.
Abyssal, though they can learn other languages if so desired. Most Xer'Sai pick up the language of the locals when staying in one area for a longer period of time as it helps them lure prey when hunting.
Voidborn always have their name split up in 2 parts by a ' symbol. For example: Rek'Sai, Jar'Zin or Kas'Zul.
- +4 Strength, +4 Constitution, +2 Wisdom; -4 Charisma, -2 Intelligence: Xer'Sai are creatures who tend to rely on their strong physical capabilities rather than outsmarting an opponent. While not particularly intelligent they do posses an animalistic cunning.
- Outsider (Evil, Native): Xer'Sai originate from the Evil Abyssal plane. Though ages of evolution has changed them to become a Native to the material plane.
- Medium: No particular bonuses.
- Xer'Sai base land speed is 20 feet: Burrowing 30 feet.
- Tremorsense(Ex): 60 feet
- Natural Weapons: 2 Claws of 1d6. The claws function as her primary weapons.
- Natural Weapons: 1 Bite attack of 1d8. The bite attack is considered a secondary weapon.
- Natural Armor: Xer'Sai have a Natural Armor bonus of 4.
- Natural Born Hunter: A Xer'Sai gains a Bloodscent ability, detecting blood at ranges of up to 180 feet. This functions just like a shark's keen scent ability. Xer'Sai also have a racial bonus of +8 to Survival and +4 to Move Silent.
- Magical Ineptitude: Xer'Sai can never use Spells of any kind, including scrolls and magical items that require an activation.
- Apex Predator: A Xer'Sai is inept in the arts of social matter and thus receives a Racial Modifier of -8 on Forgery and a -4 to Gather Information, Diplomacy and Handle Animal.
- Waterproof: Though Xer'Sai don't mind water, they are very much unable to swim unless specifically trained for it, receiving a Racial Modifier of -8 to Swim.
- Endless Hunt: Though Xer'Sai age and grow, they do not in fact die of old age, nor do they receive any of the bonuses and penalties associated with old age.
- Blindness: While the Xer'Sai are blind their tremorsense and echolocation allows them to overcome virtually all negative effects normally associated with this condition.
- Echo-o-o-location: While unborrowed the Xer'Sai can choose to constantly emit a, to humanoid creatures, inaudible low vibration to echolocate her environment and creatures around her. Switching this on or off is considered a swift action. The range of this ability is tied to her Tremorsense's range. Using this ability grants her regular vision in terms of game mechanics as long as it's active.
- Automatic Languages: Abyssal. Bonus Languages: Common, Undercommon, Dwarven, Goblin, Orc, Draconic.
- Favored Class: Void Burrower (3.5e Class)
- Level Adjustment: Xer'Sai are LA +2.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|N/A years||N/A years||N/A years||N/A years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Female||6'0"||+1d6"||400 lb.||× (x1d10) lb.|