Valkyrie (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Valkyrie (from Old Norse valkyrja "chooser of the slain") - Wikipedia.
Valkyrie are battle angels first and foremost, the finest warriors of the God they devote their life to. Valkyrie are devoted to their deity above all else and would both live and die for them. They have a firm, often 'strong and silent' aura to them, and they never question the judgement of a God. It's rare to find a Valkyrie astray from their God, but there are exceptions.
Valkyrie are tall when compared to humans, standing at 6 to 7 ft tall. They are lightweight, having hollow bones like birds, allowing them to move with more agility and speed. Their skin color is usually pale, though not necessarily white. They can have skin of pale shades of blue, purple, white, yellow, and any other color as long as it favors their god. Eye color varies, again dependent on deity. A Valkyrie will always have white wings as long as they are under the favor of their god. Instances of black-winged Valkyrie have been noted, but they are often strays, whose god has either been slain or who was cast out from their divine role as a warrior.
Valkyrie keep to themselves and their god, avoiding interaction with others unless in the heat of battle. They will rarely fight alongside any allies, even if their life is at risk as they are prideful of their warrior status and would believe it an insult to their god to pair up with anyone lesser than them. They view themselves as above all else other than the gods, even though this may not be true.
Alignment will always match their god's. If they do not follow a god, then it can vary.
Anywhere their God may need them, they will willingly go. They are most comfortable alongside their lord and master, but will endure even the most uncomfortable climate if they need.
They pray exclusively to their deity, and to bow before any other would be rude and insulting. While they may believe in the ways of other gods, they will only worship the deity they work for.
At a bare minimum, a Valkyrie will know how to speak Common and Celestial, though it's uncommon for them to not know more. They are trained to speak many languages, so they might communicate with their deity and foes respectfully and with ease.
Often bestowed upon them by their deity, naming themes are dependent on the God. However, a stray Valkyrie might cast away a given name and instead pick one for themself.
- +4/+3/+2 Strength, Constitution, Dexterity. +0/-1/-2 Wisdom, Intelligence, Charisma: Valkyrie are basically built for battle, and so they find little need for modifiers that won't assist in combat. Player can decide placement of modifiers as needed, as long as they remain in their sets.
- Valkyrie base land speed is 30 feet, with a fly speed of 60 feet (Perfect Maneuverability)
- Weapon Proficiency: Valkyrie are proficient with all martial weapons.
- Armor Proficiency: Valkyie are proficient will all light and medium armor.
- Low-Light Vision: Valkyrie can see 100 feet in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination.
- Darkvision: Valkyrie can see 60 feet in complete darkness.
- Holy: All Angels may choose to make any and all of their damage of the Holy Subtype.
- Knowledge: Angels gain a +10 to all Knowledge Religion checks.
- Ageless body: Valkyrie, like most angels, are immune to the effects of aging and cannot die of natural causes.
- Wings of Cover(EX): A Valkyrie may use their wings as a shield to block an oncoming attack from an enemy. This gives them a +8 to AC. If targeted with a melee or ranged attack, a Valkyrie can use this immediately. Valkyrie cannot fly while in this state.
- Automatic Languages: Celestial and Common. Bonus Languages: Any except secret languages.
Starting Age: Angels are biologically immortal. At the age of about 1, an Angel is fully grown. Angels of any age can be at any tier, theoretically.
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||7' 0"||+1d12"||40 lb.||× 1d8 lb.|
|Female||6' 0"||+1d12"||30 lb.||× 1d8 lb.|