We have recently completed a MediaWiki update - The wiki should now be working. Please report any errors to SgtLion's talk page.
From D&D Wiki
Welcome to D&D Wiki!
Hello Quincy, and welcome to D&D Wiki! I hope you are enjoying D&D Wiki and have been finding the information here useful. Before you start contributing, we recommend you make sure your user preferences match your preferences.
If you have any questions about a specific page please ask it on that page's talk page. If you have a D&D-related question, you can ask it on DnD Discussions. Everything relating to D&D Wiki's administration can be asked here. If you need to contact another user, please use their talk page.
Syntax can be very difficult, and if you need help a good place to start is Help:Editing on Wikipedia (or even their Introduction page). This will explain basic wiki formatting and should provide quite a few useful links that explain more specific areas of wiki formatting. Help:Portal also provides detailed explanation of information important specifically to this community.
A strong and welcoming community exists on D&D Wiki, and I'm sure you will find us friendly. To enable the community to function, a number of policies are in effect. Most importantly, we follow and expect you to follow Wikipedia's guidelines on civility and etiquette when discussing anything. As most work has multiple authors, please do not delete content without following our removal process. When posting a comment on a talk page, please ensure you sign your name with four tildes (~~~~) or by clicking on the signature icon (). This will automatically produce your name and the date. I hope you come to enjoy D&D Wiki and the community. Welcome again, you are now a D&D Wikian. --SirSprinkles (talk) 22:53, 14 October 2017 (MDT)
Classes In Your User Space
Hey Quincy, I just noticed all the classes you have saved have appeared under 5e Classes as opposed to 5e Incomplete Classes. If you don't mind, could you add a short needsbalance template for them, or better yet add the previous versions of the templates the class had to them if you still have them?--Blobby383b (talk) 09:05, 16 January 2018 (MST)
- Better yet, just remove the entire footer please. --Green Dragon (talk) 09:10, 16 January 2018 (MST)
Dawn Of Worlds Game
- That's not too much at all. If that's what you're comfortable with doing, then sure I can work with that. Quincy (talk) 11:17, 14 February 2018 (MST)
Airbender Class Template Maintenance
Hey Quincy, I saw that you made some comments on the viability of a class that I am working on, namely Airbender (5e Class). I have not had time to do a lot with that homebrew, so it was someone else that came in and made changes. None of the content currently on the page was created by me. I am wondering if there is also a page for a 4e class Airbender, and someone mistakenly edited mine instead. Either way, someone made edits to the page and added content that I did not approve. I cannot locate their talk page to ask them not to edit my content. Is there a way for me to do that? Thank you! Sparrowhawk701 (talk) 23:19, 4 June 2018 (MDT)
- Hi Sparrowhawk; I'm not quite sure what your issue is. You don't appear to have created that page, or even edited it, and looking through your contributions, you don't appear to have ever created such a class (not even in your deleted contributions). Can you please clarify the issue you're running into?
- While I'm here, it appears you've also run into a common misconception, that being that you can call a page "yours" (in the ownership sense). It is long-standing policy that no one can claim sole ownership of a page; you can read more about this on the pages Help:Attribution Policy and Help:Legal. — Geodude671 (talk | contribs | email) . . 23:24, 4 June 2018 (MDT)
- I'll propose that page for deletion; while you're waiting for it to be deleted, perhaps you can start making your class at another title (perhaps at User:Sparrowhawk701/Airbender?) and move it there when the current version of that page is deleted? — Geodude671 (talk | contribs | email) . . 23:35, 4 June 2018 (MDT)