From D&D Wiki
If you are looking to start a conversation regarding a specific article, I would prefer you start it on that article's talk page instead of on my user talk page.
Otherwise, click the "+" up top.
So you've been a hell of a lot more active lately, at least more than past years. Seemed like you more or less gave up on the site. Mind if I asked you what brought you back? --SwankyPants (talk) 10:18, 10 February 2022 (MST)
- Oh I still have no hope for the site. Despite my recent spike in activity, I intend to never actually use homebrew from here, even though I run 5e games sporadically.
- I never really stopped checking my watchlist, occasionally, out of boredom, as I do with some other wikis. About a month ago, on my watchlist I noticed an edit summary I disagreed with so much that I had to make snarky comments about it, then felt like making snarky comments elsewhere. After that the site returned to the forefront of my mind for the first time in a while, and it just sort of snowballed I guess. - Guy 10:50, 10 February 2022 (MST)
- Mostly accidental then, eh? Makes enough sense. And honestly, I can't relate more on the whole "not using stuff from here", except in my case it's mostly because I haven't played a game with people who know what they're doing in roughly never, so I just stick to official book stuff. Happy to see you're still contributing, regardless of any of that spite; god knows we don't have enough volunteers. --SwankyPants (talk) 11:48, 10 February 2022 (MST)
Goal: Click link and be taken to a page for a random item.
I have used the randompageincategory/5e for awhile, and tried to do it with 5e wonderous items but that category doesn't exist and I am not about to petition for that. Instead, I am curious if I create a page, that could redirect to a random page on the dpl page? I know sites exist but I was wanting to create something that would populate this site's magic items. Be an actual DM tool at a table. Revival (talk) 09:53, 22 February 2022 (MST)
- I've found this does my goal, Random Wonderous Item, Very Rare, but I think this can be reworked into redirects and usable buttons? Like Geobot Shut Off button? Revival (talk) 10:47, 22 February 2022 (MST)
The main drawback here is you can't click it to get a random item every time; you'd need to at least reload this page to get a new random item. You could somewhat circumvent that by loading several at once though. But, I guess that's probably not what you're looking for. I tried using the dpl's output link to make a redirect page but as I expected that won't work. - Guy 23:19, 22 February 2022 (MST)
- Actually, no, even randomcount will only be random again if you make an edit to the page or something, so that isn't even useful. - Guy 23:20, 22 February 2022 (MST)
- I'm pretty sure there's a way to do it with the tools presently on this wiki, but I can't figure it out right now. - Guy 23:49, 22 February 2022 (MST)
- Sorry, I figured something out but didn't want to double post your talk page, well triple I think. But I have this going, User:Revival/Random Treasure. You'll see the tool being used to work this. I am a little stuck how on to get things to look like a button but perhaps I get there. I appreciate you looking into this. Revival (talk) 07:38, 23 February 2022 (MST)
- ( b'v')b - Guy 06:16, 19 March 2022 (MDT)