From D&D Wiki
Before the gloom, Lidean was an intellectual student and practitioner of the arts. When the gloom hit, he realized he needed to change and changed, now taking up the arts of combat and devoting himself to protecting the people and the arts that he loved so much.
Lidean is a good guy. He wasn't the person you'd expect to survive the apocalypse -- well-educated but not all that strong, but when it hit he showed what he was made of and developed into an asskicker. A late bloomer. He's the strong silent type that you'd normally expect to be wandering the wasteland.
|good medium humanoid|
|Init/Senses||+2/Listen +11, Spot +11|
|AC|| 36, touch 14, flat-footed 32; if ambient temperature is cold increase shield bonus by 1|
(+14 armor, +8 shield, +2 dex, +2 dodge)
|hp||85 (8 HD); DR 8/adamantine, DR 4/-|
|Immune||fear, extra damage from power attack|
|SR/Resist||21/cold resistance 8, fire resistance 8, mettle|
|Speed||30' (20' when wearing armor)|
|Melee||Longsword +16/+14 (1d8+8 plus dispelling, 18-20/x2) or|
|Melee||Lance +14/+12 (1d8+6, x3)|
|Ranged||Composite Shortbow +11/+9 (1d6+6, x3); +3 to hit and damage within 60'; range 105'; add BAB to damage within the first range increment|
|Atk Options||Blitz, Mounted Combat|
|Special Actions||Designate Opponent, Draw Fire, Energy Resistance, Knightly Spirit|
|Abilities||Str 21, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 10|
|SQ||+2 to bull rush checks, can speak to animals, no penalty for firing ranged weapons into melee and always hits the intended target, ranged attacks ignore cover (except total cover), ranged attacks do not provoke an AoO|
|Feats||Blitz, Command, Elusive Target, Mounted Combat, Point Blank Shot, Sniper|
|Skills||Diplomacy 11 (+11), Knowledge (Geography) 11 (+11), Listen 11 (+11), Perform (Poetry), Perform (Violin), Ride 11 (+13), Sense Motive 11 (+11), Spot 11 (+11), Survival 5 (+5), Swim 4 (+9)|
|Possessions||Dispelling Longsword (minor magic item), Adamantite Carapace (minor magic item), Ice Aegis (minor magic item), Cloak of Enhancement Bonuses to Saves, Belt of Enhancement Bonus to Strength, +1 Composite Shortbow, +1 Lance|
|Elusive Target||Opponents do not gain flanking or high-ground bonuses against Lidean|
|Quick Recovery||If Lidean is stunned or dazed, the condition ends at the end of his turn|
|Defend Others||Adjacent allies gain Evasion|
|Bastion of Defense||Adjacent allies gain +2 to AC and reflex saves|
Designate Opponent (Ex): As a Swift Action, Lidean may mark an opponent as his primary foe. This foe must be within medium range and be able to hear Lidean's challenge. If the target creature inflicts any damage on Lidean before his next turn, the attempt fails. Otherwise, any attacks Lidean uses against the opponent during his next turn inflict an extra d6 of damage for each Knight level. This effect ends at the end of his next turn, or when he has struck his opponent a number of times equal to the number of attacks normally allotted him by his Base Attack Bonus.
Energy Resistance (Ex): Lidean may protect herself from energy types that she expects. As a Swift Action, he may grant himself Energy Resistance against any energy type he chooses equal to his Knight Level plus his Shield Bonus. This energy resistance lasts until he spends a Swift Action to choose another Energy type or his Shield bonus is reduced.
Knightly Spirit (Ex): As a Move Equivalent Action, a Lidean may restore any amount of attribute damage or drain that he has suffered.
Draw Fire (Ex): With a Swift Action, Lidean may pique the interest of any mindless opponent within medium range. That creature must make a Willpower Save (DC 10 + ½ Hit Dice + Constitution Modifier) or spend all of its actions moving towards or attacking Lidean. This effect ends after a number of rounds equal to Lidean's Knight class level.
Blitz: Lidean has the following combat options from Blitz:
- While charging, Lidean may opt to lose his Dexterity Bonus to AC for one round, but inflicting an extra d6 of damage if he hit.
- Lidean may go all out when attacking, adding his Base Attack Bonus to his damage, but provoking an Attack of Opportunity.
Mounted Combat: Lidean has the following benefits from Mounted Combat:
- Once per turn, Lidean may attempt to negate an attack that hits his mount by making a Ride skill check with a DC equal to the AC that the attack hit. Attacks that do not require an attack roll cannot be negated in this way.
- While Mounted, Lidean may take a charge attack at any point along his mount's movement, so long as his mount is moving in a straight line up to the point of his attack.
- Lidean suffers no penalty to his ride or handle animal skill checks when training or riding unusual mounts such as magical beasts or dragons.
Point Blank Shot: Lidean has the following benefits from Point Blank Shot:
- When Lidean is within 30' of his target, his attacks with a ranged weapon gain a +3 bonus to-hit.
- Lidean adds his base attack bonus to damage with any ranged attack within the first range increment.
- Lidean does not provoke an attack of opportunity when he makes a ranged attack.
Sniper: Lidean has the following benefits from Sniper:
- Lidean's range increments are 50% longer than they would ordinarily be. Any benefit of being within 30' of an opponent is retained out to 60'.
- Lidean does not suffer a -4 penalty when firing a ranged weapon into melee and never hit an unintended target in close combats or grapples.
- Lidean's ranged attacks ignore cover bonuses, except for total cover.
Lidean's owl, uncreatively named Shadow, is a creature he rescued from a horrible shadow-morphing ritual deep in the forest. As a result, the owl got cursed with awesome but has a super-angsty traumatic past.
|Neutral Large Magical Beast|
|Init/Senses||+2/Listen +9, Spot +9|
|AC|| 22, touch 11, flat-footed 20|
(+11 natural, +2 dex, -1 size)
|hp||70 (6 HD)|
|Speed||20', fly 90' (good)|
|Melee||Bite +13 (2d6+12 plus negative level) and 2 Claws +11 (2d6+4 plus poison plus negative level)|
|Ranged||Laser Eyebeams (6d6) ranged touch at medium range|
|Abilities||Str 26, Dex 14, Con 20, Int 14, Wis 11, Cha 8|
|SQ||see in darkness, +8 racial bonus to Profession (O RLY) checks|
|Feats||Enervating Touch, Multiattack, Poison Sacs|
|Skills||hide 9 (+11), listen 9 (+9), move silently 9 (+11), spot 9 (+9)|
|Extraplanar||Shadow can take itself and its rider into either the Ethereal Plane or the Plane of Shadows as a standard action. It can also use Astral Projection on itself and its rider as a standard action.|
|Shadowy Regeneration||That weird shadow-morph ritual really cursed Shadow with awesome. If it ever gets killed, it recorporates itself after 1d6+3 days.|