Twili (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
In the past the Twili have had a somewhat negative outlook on the world of light in general due to the banishment of their ancestors to the twilight realm in the first place, but this mindset has since warmed due to recent interactions with the light world and the controversial war on light that occurred 200 years back. While most Twili still prefer to live in the darkness of the twilight realm, many now venture out to the material plane using new protective magics to ward away the light that used to harm their race. Most Twili are friendly while still being somewhat mischievous and willing to pull pranks(Twili rogues even more so), however Twili can still form bounds with beings that they have come to know over long periods of time (such as by adventuring)and as such many Twili can become close companions though thick and thin. Evil aligned Twili are less likely to form this bound and many that give into their darker emotions this way have been known to go insane.
As they are descended from Hylians, most Twili look similar to Hylians in terms of general body shape weight and height, but thats were the similarity ends. Due to the many generations spent in the twilight realm, Twili Skin has changed to a more spotty black and white color to allow them to blend in to their realm. On top of this their eyes have changed in color with yellow whites and red irises as well as glowing tattoos that show various runes and patterns specific to their culture (the color of these tattoos depend on the alignment and health of the Twili in question, however most often they glow neon green). Hair color ranges from ginger to strawberry blond in color.
Due to generations spent in the shadows, many Twili tend to get along with other races that prefer the dark such as the Drow,but don't always agree with their ethical choices. Twili however can get along with any common race if given the chance and many of the higher members of society have made connections to a few of the above ground or light bathed races as the Twili call them.
Due to their separation from the outside world Twili don't have any major Alignment preferences as a species (most Twili are true neutral).
Twili originally hail from a Demi-plane offshoot of the plane of shadows known as the twilight realm, however recently members of their race have migrated to areas of the Underdark to work as merchants at small Twili outposts there. Twili government is a democratic monarchy with a Twilight princess or king selected by popular vote from the noble families every 5 years or so to rule over the Twili people and help establish laws. Many Twili are fearful of societies where a dictator or evil ruler comes into power for an extended time due to the events of the war on light and actively distrust lawful evil societies.
After recent exposure to outside religion many Twili now worship Nyx goddess of night while good aligned Twili tend to worship Notte. Evil aligned Twili have branched out even more by worshiping the demon deities of the Underdark races such as the Drow goddess Loth.
Twili speak common same as their ancestors however, magic is so common in their society that all levels of society speak draconic. Merchants in their Underdark outposts also speak Undercommon and Dwarven as part of their trade.
Known Male names: Zant. Known Female names: Midna
- +2 Charisma,+2 Intelligence,-2 Strength,-2 Constitution: Twili's long ancestral association with magic and lack of travel outside their plane has lead many Twili to become unusuly weak compared to other races
- Monstrous humanoid (Extraplanar): After generations in the twilight realm Twili have lost a lot of their friendlier features changing to monstrous humanoid creature type.
- Medium: As a Medium creatures, Twili have so special bonuses or penalties due to their size
- Twili base land speed is 30 feet: fly speed 20 feet (perfect)
- Light Blindness.: Abrupt exposure to bright light (such as sunlight or a daylight spell) blinds twili for 1 round. On subsequent rounds, they are dazzled as long as they remain in the affected area.
- Darkness Missile.: Twili of the 3rd level may 1/day per level gather together a clump of darkness and hurl it at a foe for 1d6 + 1d6/3 levels above 3rd points of damage. The save for this ability is the same as a third level spell. Additionally the save is halfed in brightly lit conditions (such as in sunlight or the radius daylight spell)
- Darkvision: A Twili can see in the dark up to 60 feet
- Automatic Languages: Common, Draconic. Bonus Languages: Undercommon,Dwarven.
- Favored Class: Sorcerer,Rogue.
- Level Adjustment: +1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|175 years||263 years||350 years||+4d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 7"- 5'11"||+2d6||85 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Female||5'3"- 5'7"||+2d6||80 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|