Tsukumogami (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
A Tsukumogami's personality changes based on what they were, how they were treated, and their reactions in the world. As such, they vary from cold, hateful, and sometimes extremely violent and driven to kill, while others are peaceful, quiet, and tend to live out their immortal lives in peace.
While the appearance for every Tsukumogami can never be given. However, all Tsukumogami have their appearance that are somehow based on their object. Despite a Tsukumogami forming from something that does have a humanoid form, example a doll, a larger, human body is formed in it's stead with the older object shrinking and becoming something of a key chain. If a Tsukumogami is born of a doll, for example, they might have birthmark-like scars on their body to reflect their doll's movable joints; or kara-kasa (umbrella Tsukumogami) could have very long, flat pressed hair.
Based on their previous lives due to their owner, and outlook on life based on their handler and other after coming to life, Tsukumogami's way of life vary greatly with other races. It is hard to pinpoint a set of rules for Tsukumogami to follow, yet it seems to follow a child-like mindset of 'avoid the things that hurt us.'
Any land with races of people that collect objects for use, or decoration holds the lands for a Tsukumogami.
Due to the odd nature of religion, most tend not to worship, except for Tsukumogami that are, in essence, religion objects.
The Tsukumogami race speaks the language of whatever their dominate culture was. (An Elven flute Tsukumogami speaks Elven, even if it was taken in a raid and brought back to an Orc camp)
The Tsukumogami names are very simple, usually reflecting something they relate to or have a love or liking to, be it flowers, music, killing, or anything in between, and as such, tend not to have a last name.
- +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, -2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma. A Tsukumogami, being a somewhat childlike race, tend not to be the smartest, nor the most talkative or likeable. However, they were 'built' to last, and as such are somehow more stronger and quicker than your everyday race.
- Construct: Due to being a Construct, Tsukumogami follow all the rules of a construct, except for the lack of intelligence. The reason for them being a Construct, and say not, a Fey Type, is that the humanoid body is NOT the Tsukumogami. It is their CHARM. The humanoid body is a physical representation of the object, and explains later on the rules for killing a Tsukumogami.
- Medium: A Tsukumogami receives no bonuses or penalties based on their size.
- Tsukumogami base land speed is 30 feet.
- Charm: A Tsukumogami carries it's former self on it, always pocket sized. While it is in the inventory of a Tsukumogami (for the sake of it living), the object cannot be broken, but only if it is in a pouch, backpack, pocket, or other common day object of holding. As long as the Charm object is safe and in one whole piece, the Tsukumogami cannot be killed, yet is rendered unconscious until the Tsukumogami's body itself is repaired. If the Tsukumogami's Charm, at any time is destroyed, the Tsukumogami is instantly destroyed without a chance for a saving throw. If the object is cracked to the point where it could easily break, the Tsukumogami must make a Fortitude save of DC 15 + 1 for every day after the first to stay alive. If it fails, the Charm breaks and the Tsukumogami dies. The Tsukumogami stays dead even if the Charm is repaired, and can only be brought back by a spell such as Miracle, or the such.
- The Tsukumogami gains Craft (Charm) as a skill. This can only be used to repair their Charm. The DC to repair their Charm is DC 10. The DC increases by +2 each day the Tsukumogami cannot find the time to repair it, which takes 4 uninterrupted hours.
- Age: Due to the nature of the Tsukumogami, they are considered 'timeless immortals', meaning they cannot die from age.
- Automatic Languages: Common, and the language of the dominate race of the Tsukumogami's society.
- Bonus Languages: Any that are not secretive, such as Druidic.
- Favored Class: Fighter.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|?? years||?? years||?? years||+?? years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 8"||+1d6||137 lb.||× (1d8) lb.|
|Female||5' 6"||+1d4||126 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|