The Darkfeather Clan (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Author: TheAnthroDM: (c) D.C. Sosa
Notice: The Darkfeather Clan is (c) D.C. Sosa and has been adapted into DnD for enjoyment, material may be reproduced and freely distributed with the creator's permission, with credit given to the creator, material may not be sold for profit, the adaptation is a completely non-profit project. Any other questions send to Imedemi@hotmail.com
D20 System (c) Wizards of the Coast Inc.
The Darkfeather Clan v1.5
The Greenfeather Clan was the very first branch of high elves to discover the art of sorcery, and to this day are disgusted at the claim "sorcery comes from draconic blood". While the rest of their race was learning the forgotten arts of the Titans (wizardry), the Greenfeather clan began experimenting with ways to enhance their sorcery and make it stronger however, it wasn't until 200 A.G.(After Genesis) when Da-Sariva became head of the clan that she brought the idea of breeding the clan with creatures that already had sorcerous talent naturally, it was only after this that marriage with other clans was outlawed and the penalty set as death, as they wished to keep their sorcerous power within their clan. Though the clan fronted that their family had be chosen of the heavens, there was always suspicion about the green winged elves. Only centuries after their breeding experiments had succeeded and managed to spread throughout their entire clan did the Goldleaf Clan expose that the creatures bred into the clan where the dark demons of the Abyss and evil devils of the Hells. The elves sentenced the clan to death for their blasphemy, but soon found they bit off more than they can chew as the immense power that the greenfeather clan had unlocked, this was the start of the first Demon War. The clan never seemed to be loosing though for some reason the Greenfeather Clan (now the "Dark"feather clan) eventually retreated and now live in the mountain city of Da-Serenity, convinced that they are superior.
Alignment: Despite their dark pasts and demon blood ancestry the Darkfeather Clan actually tends towards a Lawful Neutral alignment.
- +2 Strength, +4 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, +4 Charisma: The breeding of the Darkfeather Elves grants them natural superiority to all typical elves, and most humanoids as well.
- Outsider (Native): Darkfeather Elves are Outsiders with the Native subtype.
- Low-Light Vision: Darkfeather Elves can see twice as far as human in conditions of dim illuminations (ex, Starlight, Moonlight, Torchlight).
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Darkfeather Elf base land speed is 30 feet. Fly Speed 30 feet (good maneuverability).
- Mage Armor (Sp): As the spell. Caster level equal to 1/2 HD, or sorcerer casting level.
- Change Size (Su): Once per day, a Darkfeather Elf can magically alter it's size. This works just like an enlarge person or reduce person spell (the elf chooses when using the ability) except its only works on itself. The elf can maintain the new size indefinitely until it chooses the dismiss the effect.
- Immunity to sleep, poison, and fire.
- +2 racial bonus on saves against enchantment spells or effects.
- Weapon Familiarity: The greatsword and kukri are considered simple weapons rather than martial weapons for Darkfeather Elves. The Darkfeather clan uses greatswords because they consider them superior to longswords. The kukri is more common than the dagger in their society.
- +4 Racial Bonus on Listen, Search and Spot checks. A darkfeather elf who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she is actively looking for it.
- Automatic Languages: Abyssal, Elven, Celestial, and Infernal. Bonus Languages: Common, Draconic, Gnoll, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan. The darkfeather clan teaches its children the language of their forbearers (and supposed forbearers) and Darkfeather Elves are often found mixing words from the four tongues into one rhythmic tongue.
- Favored Class: Sorcerer/Wizard
- Level Adjustment: +0