The Archfiend (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
The Archfiend Patron is a patron for the Warlock class. This subclass is for those Warlocks looking to summon fiends from horrid planes of existence. You have made a pact with a fiend from the Infernal plane, a fiend with so much power that other fiends are bent to its will. This fiend has an army of fiends, preparing for an attack on the other planes. Your pact with this fiend allows you to summon forth minions from it’s army.
Expanded Spell List
When you choose this Patron you add the following spells to your warlock spell list.
|1st||command, hellish rebuke|
|2nd||flaming sphere, suggestion|
|3rd||fireball, summon lesser demons|
|4th||banishment, fire shield|
|5th||contact other plane, infernal calling|
Call From Below
You have the ability to summon forth minions from your patron’s army. At 1st level, you can spend an action to summon a fiend in an empty space within 10 ft of you that you can see. Summoning this fiend costs, a cup of ash, a crushed bone from a body at least 3 days dead and 2 drops of your own blood.
The fiend has the following restrictions:
- If it has a multiattack action, it loses it.
- If the fiend has innate casting, you can order it to cast a spell using it. If you order it to cast a once per day spell, it expends your action and 1 of your Warlock spell slots.
- If the fiend has special actions, using these special actions takes 1 of your Warlock spell slots.
- The fiend must be the same CR or lower than your Warlock level.
- The fiend lasts for 1 hour, it drops to 0 hit points or you go unconscious or die.
- The fiend acts on your turn, receiving orders that you give as a bonus action, if no orders are given, the fiend protects itself as best as it can.
- Whenever you cast a spell, are hit, or attack, you must make a Charisma saving throw to keep the fiend on the plane (DC 10 + ½ of the Fiend(s)’s CR), three failures and you lose focus, where the fiend is sucked back to the Infernal plane.
- Whenever a fiend is sent back to the infernal plane, you gain 1 level of exhaustion from the mental stress of summoning a fiend.
Once you use this feature, you cannot use it until you take a long rest.
You have the ability to quickly call for help from your Patron. At 6th level you can quickly summon a fiend to help in a situation. As an action and a warlock spell slot, you can summon a fiend in an empty space within 60 ft of you. The fiend appears (the fiend must be CR equal to or less than your Warlock level), does an action of your choice and then is sent back to the plane it came from. You do not gain a level of exhaustion from using this ability. Once you use this feature, you cannot use it until you take a long rest.
Beginning at 10th level, you can use your action to cast a spell through your summoned fiend, using your fiend as a spellcasting focus. Additionally, your Patron has twisted your magic to aid him in his army. You gain 2 fiendish spell slots. Fiendish spell slots replace your Warlock spell slots but can only be used to cast spells from your expanded spell list or to use special abilities that come with your summoned fiend. Whenever you cast a spell that summons a creature with a fiendish spell slot, if the summoned creature is a fiend, it must make a Wisdom saving throw (DC is your spellcasting DC) to not become bent to your will. You gain an additional spell slot at 15th and 18th level.
At 14 level, your patron has welcomed you into its army, as a second in command. A pair of demonic wings sprout from your back, giving you a permanent fly speed of 60 feet, if you already have a fly speed, use whichever is faster. In addition, when a fiend you have summoned is sent back, you no longer gain a level of exhaustion. You can also take a short or long rest to regain the use of the Call From Below feature.