Tarragon (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Tarragonians are draconic creatures which branched out from dragons; they are a mixture of fey and dragons. They have acquired abilities through the years and are very rare and and are outcast much in Draconian Society. Alone one is called a Tarragon, when talking about its race/nationality it they are called Tarragonian, and in plural form they are Tarragonians. Their name literally means "little dragon" a name forced to them by "pure" dragons, to demean them. Some may just identify as a dragon or dragon-kin; others take pride in their identity. Tarragon have become some of the best Dragon fighter in history due to the rift between normal dragons and the Tarragon. They also have brought up some of the best sorcerers/wizards due to mastery of their element. They stand on two legs but have been know to walk on all fours, and are much smaller then normal dragons.
Elements effect their personality. Electrical sub-types are egotistical and quick to respond; Fire sub-types are arrogant and prideful; Frost are wise and diplomatic; Aqua sub-types are amicable, and intelligent.
How dragons look depends on their element electrical dragons are green or yellow, aqua dragons are blue, ice are light blue or white, fire are red, and wind are grey. As Targonians age their horns grow and they grow more scales as they age. Aqua sub-types can grow more tails throughout the years. Electrical sub-types have 4-6 eyes. Fire sub-types can grow tail spikes. Frost sub-types have multiple horns and can grow more throughout their life. Average height ranges from 5'9" to 7', average weight of 250lbs to 650lbs. Aqua Dragons have adapted to water and have fins not wings so they cannot fly, though they are not chained to water.
|Sub-type||Extra Body Part||Amount of Extra Body Part||Years to grow|
|Fire||Tail Spikes||1d4||Every 25 years|
|Aqua||Tails||MAX= 1d6**||Grows a new tail every 15 years|
|Frost||Horns||1d4||New set of horns every 50 years|
*Cannot be an odd number
** Aqua Tarragonians cannot have more then the amount rolled, or may opt out and begin with 3 tails and may not grow any more tails.
Half-elves, Dragoons, Half-Orcs, and other half races get along well with Tarragonains. Tarrgonians identify well with the isolation and rejection of half races. Fire sub-types have the pride and arrogance of Dwarves so the two get along well. Electrical subtypes get along well with elves. Pixies and fey commonly get almong with Tarragonians.
Tarragonians worship gods relating to dragons, especially Bahamut. They also worship gods of the flame, fire, or an element of their elemental sub-type.
Names: Feroth the Flamebreath(fire); Izazel the Ice Monger(frost); Sansik the Storm Breather (electrical); Viezth the Vapor (Aqua). Names tend to be "Heavy Draconic name" "the" "Something relating to elemental type". Another common name set is something like Grek the Serpantine or a traditional draconic name.
- Humanoid (Draconic) (Fey) (Elemental)
- Size: Medium
- Tarragonian base land speed:
- Electrical base land speed is 30 feet: fly speed is 20 feet (Electrical sub-types are light on their feet but clumsy fliers.
- Aqua base land speed is 20 feet: swim speed is 40 feet (Aqua sub-types clunky on land but excellent swimmer using their fins to propel them through water. They can stay under water for periods of time this is decided by the DM.)
- Fire base land speed is 20 feet: fly speed is 40 feet (Fire sub-types can move through fire/lava for limited periods of time this is decided by the DM.)
- Frostbase land speed is 20 feet: fly speed is 30 feet (Frost sub-types can climb at their normal land speed.)
- SRD: Special Abilities:
- Elemental Breath(Su): Twice per day a Tarragon can use an elemental breath area of effect attack. Reach: 20 feet
- Elemental Resistance(Ex):Tarragons have a natural resistance to their own element, Damage Reduction/Energy Resistance 5 to his element type and have a resistance to magic and magical effects related to their elements. (Ex. Ray of Frost, Shocking Grasp, Burning Hands,or Chill Touch) Fire = Fire, Aqua = water damage, Frost = Ice/Cold Damage.
- Electricity sub-types only gets Damage Reduction/Energy Resistance of 2 but is immune to flash and blinding effects.
- Gift of the storm(Su): Electrical sub-types can also use the spell dancing lights, using standard spell-casting rules, once every 3 days.
- Gift of Creation(Su): frost sub-types can use their breath (with a successesful concentration check) to create objects. (Success is up to the DM)
- Gift of the flames(Su): Flame sub-types can also use the spell flare, using standard spell-casting rules, once every 3 days.
- Gift of the Floods(Su): Aqua sub-types can also use the spell create water, using standard spell-casting rules, once every 3 days. They may create 4 gallons instead of 2.
- Elemental Fortitude(Ex): All Sub-types have a bonus to fortitude or constitutional based checks relating to their environments (EX. Frost on a mountains top resisting cold damage).
- Low-Light Vision (Ex): A creature with low-light vision can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of shadowy illumination. It retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions. A spellcaster with low-light vision can read a scroll as long as even the tiniest candle flame is next to her as a source of light.
- Natural Weapons:
- claw attacks (1d4 + strength modifier), one bite attack (1d6 +1/2 strength modifier)
- Fire does not bite instead they prefer to attack with their spiky tail (1d2(per spike) + strength modifier)
- Tarragons take a -3 to attack rolls when using a weapon and a -2 to damage. The Tarragons clumsy hands make wielding a weapon difficult. (this is canceled by a weapon focus/greater weapon proficiency.
- +4 racial bonus on intimidate, climb, jump and balance checks. (aqua has a -2 to climb and plus 4 to swim)(Fire/Electric has a -4 to swim)(Frost has no bonus to balance)
- Automatic Languages: Draconic and Common Bonus Languages: Celestial, Undercommon, Elven, Dwarven, Orcish, and Sylvan.
- Favored Class: Barbarian, Monk, Fighter, Beast Fighter, Hex Blade, Sorcerer.
- Level Adjustment: +1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|100 years||150 years||300 years||+4d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5 ' 9 "||+ 1d20||340 lb.||+ ( 3d20 ) lb.|
|Female||5 ' 6 "||+ 1d20+1||300 lb.||+ ( 1d20+1d12 ) lb.|
Note: Dragon's Heights are based on Length. Laying down from tail to head is their standard height-measurement for a dragon in this one's chosen natural Medium form.