Talk:Superfast Hero (D20 Modern Class)
From D&D Wiki
I'll be the first to say it (since someones gonna bring it up), this class needs a normal BAB progression. Also it shoud be an advanced class. make them have a few fast talents to get in. I know new idea, super pwers, all that jazz, but you may want to consider writing some variant rules and having the articles link to that to let people know some background on the kind of campaign the classes are designed for --Name Violation 02:17, 19 May 2010 (UTC)
- I agree, there's no way to balance this class within any published campaign, but it could very well fit within a superheros campaign setting. JazzMan 18:53, 19 May 2010 (UTC)
I was thinking that since the normal base classes are very broad and doesnt have any restrictions. I was thinking that a Super Fast Hero should not have so much explaination. It was based on the idea that the normal Fast Hero only uses his existing dexterity. We all know that Fast Heroes doesnt get more dex. You just use points or die roll as normal.
Either you roll or you buy more dexterity with points at character level untill you have an superdexterity.
Why it's a base class;
- Advanced Class would be too fixed
- Talent tree seems more suitable.
- If there are talents ..its a base class?
What the class is meant to do!
- Talents adjust what a hero can do with speed
- Talents allows the hero to do things with the same speed he already has
- Class does not increase speed or dex
- Talents should be reworked to require different speed and dexterity levels.
Superfast heroes could die from running into walls etc.
Well I am thinking about variant rules. Basically I was considering to make a serie of superhero base classes. Supeversions of the normal six, a superstrong hero, supersmart hero, superthough hero and so on.
Using the point character generation system of d20 modern, I give players a superheroic amaunt of points leading to super scores of base abilties.
Then they can take both the normal base classes and the superbase classes.
Normal base classes allows to use the normal scores of abilties better and super ability classes allows to use higher scores better.
- but in the context of modern, a new base class is a variant rule by definition. also ther is no reason an advanced class cant have talents. i think all the super clases should have a pre reqs that require a talent or 2 from the base class. like superfast should have "any 2 fast talents, balance 6 ranks, tumble 6 ranks", ect. just some food for thought--Name Violation 19:08, 19 May 2010 (UTC)
- I am afraid that would "look uggly" if advanced classes are based on advanced classes.
- I mean that if we want to make specialised advanced classes require the superfast hero.
- I am all for requirement of two talents from a normal class.
- I mean that if we want to make specialised advanced classes require the superfast hero. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs) . Please sign your posts.
- I'm not sure what that means. if you're talking about making prestige classes that require advanced clases, they exist. look at archmage, technomage, holy warrior, and a few other. I'm not sure what looks ugly.--Name Violation 20:42, 19 May 2010 (UTC)
- I get it, I think wants these to be base classes that replace the normal base classes. Since you are replacing them completely, then you don't want superfast hero to have prerequisites of levels in fast hero, because then it's no longer a base class but an advanced class.
I am all for explaining it d20 superheroes.
Variant rule I guess.
I intended to have both normal ability classes and super ability classes. And balance them so that superability classes doesn't have talents that normal ability classes already have.
Sounds absurd but I am saying that a superspeeder may have superspeed but not the speed increasing talenst of the normal fast hero. Superabilities( like the base abilties) can be seen as raw power.
Fast hero and superfast hero should complement eachother.
And they COULD be advanced classes but then you are saying you start fast hero and get superfast hero.
My goal was that superfast hero would not give any benefits to an hero who doesn't already have superspeed and maybe dexterity 25.
planned changes are:
- removing the spells
- rework the systems for the talents.
- creating a action point system relative to dex score.
- balancing all talents against dex score.