Talk:Naruto Shinobi, Variant (3.5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
Well, if only I knew this class existed before I created the Ninja class, which would signifigantly helped this class out... Well I guess that can't be helped... :p
I saw this page had kind of been abandoned and while I saw the link to Narutod20, I kind of wanted to make my own variant. I'm still working out the core details but I just got back into Naruto over the holiday break (just got to episode 130) and I thought it would be interesting to make a class about it. Rather than make another ninja page I thought I'd use this one, if that's okay with you. I was thinking of doing a power point system for chakra, much like there currently is for psychics. A few other ideas I had were water walking, walking on walls/ceilings (similar to the way they run up trees), free proficiencies with kunai and shuriken, deflect arrows, evasion (replacement technique), and that's the tip of the iceberg for general skills. The meat of the class is obviously in the ninjutsu and genjutsu. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Jota (talk • contribs) 13:23, 6 January 2009. Please sign your posts.
- It hasn't been updated for a few months and it isn't anywhere near done. So suer, have a go at it. --Sabre070 19:26, 5 January 2009 (MST)
- Um, so, asking basically the same thing; I had written up a nijutsu user class a while ago, and while it is quite similar to this Shinobi class, it was much more finished... So if i could edit a bit on this, fill it out a bit, i'd rather appreciate it. --Fabrication 20:08, 23 March 2009
- As long as its Naruto-based I'd have no problem, but if your primary inspiration is something else it doesn't take too much effort to make a new class. -- Jota
- Alright thanks, i'll start hooking it now, let me know if you don't like how it's going.
- Would it be alright for us to start you a spell list for this class and maybe make some Jutsu.? Because i want this class operational. : ). Demon possession FTW. --D.M.DemonicPanda
- By all means. As you can see a bit from the list below I started something similar, but if you want to fill it out be my guest. -- Jota 14:30, 30 March 2009 (MDT)
- Chidori, Rasengan should not be avalable for all Shinobi. Chidori and Lightning Blade are only accesable by Hatake's Students and Rasengan (All variations) can only be used by Jirya's Students. These i think where made to be Unique to these people.Plus Shadow clone is actually a jounin or special jounin class Jutsu. Also a few Quick Jutsu; Lightning Clone, Sand Clone, Mind Transfer Jutsu (Aka the art of Valentine),Fire Style: Fireball Jutsu, Fire Style: Pheonix Fire Jutsu, Earth Style: Mud Wall, Tile Shuriken. And more Shinanigans yet to come. --D.M.DemonicPanda
Just for reference...
Just a few things I hope to incorporate somewhere, placed here for my own reference:
Doton no Jutsu – Earth Release technique
- Grants ninja burrowing movement at the expense of chakra, does not account for breathing
- Earth Slash type attack
Gennin, Chunnin, Jounin
- Murderous Intent - fearsome aura/frightful presence
- Monk Carry-overs
- Insight bonus to AC
- Increased base speed
- Increased unarmed damage?
- Imbue limbs with Chakra: Bear's Strength/Cat's Grace
- Poison Use
- Uncanny Dodge?
- Specific bonus feat: Dodge, Mobility, etc.?
o Kage bunshin no jutsu – Shadow Replication
- Mirror Image as basis
- Clones have one hp per level
- Can create a number of clones equal to your level
- Clones attack as yourself at ½ level rounded down
- All non-magical items are replicated as well, those items that are magical instead have Nystul’s False Aura
- Not an illusionary technique (True Seeing doesn’t work)
o Summoning Techniques
• Summon Monster variants
- Frog, slug, snake,
- Spider, three blind giants,
o Shadow Bind
- Shadow Choke
o Chouji’s set
o Kiba/Akamaru’s Beast Techniques
o Puppet user
o Lotus and the releasing of the gates
o Chakra String
o Ryuuka no justu – Dragon Fire
- Aganazzar’s Scorcher
o Goukakyuu no jutsu - Fireball
o Water Clone
o Water Prison
- Otiluke’s Resilient Sphere
o Sand Lash
- Whip of sand strikes enemy
o Desert Coffin
o Sand Barrier
- as Shield
o Sand Shower
o Sand Storm
o Sand Trip
o Desert Graveyard
o Quicksand Cataract
- Wave of sand (Incendiary Cloud?)
o Desert Imperial Mourning
o Shield of Shukaku
o Quicksand whirlpool
o Sand Discs
- Tenser’s Floating Disk
- Seal Formation
- Chakra Pool
- Jutsu Known
- Chakra Efficiency
- Save DC
- Bingo Book (Item; bonus to Knowledge checks)
- Henge no Jutsu - Transformation Technique - change self // alter self
- Kakuremino no Jutsu - Magic Cloak of Invisibility Technique - as true strike, but for Hide checks for a limited duration
- Kawarimi no Jutsu - Change of Body Stance Technique - already used as evasion substitute
- Nawanuke no Jutsu - Escaping Skill - as true strike, but for Escape Artist?
- Kage Shuriken no Jutsu - Shadow Shuriken Technique - something like true strike
- Kanashibari no Jutsu - Temporary Body Paralysis Technique - hold person?
- Kirigakure no Jutsu - Hidden Mist Technique - obscuring mist?
- Dochuu Senkou - Underground Submarine Voyage - Passwall // Stoneshape // grant burrowing capability like a bulette
- Doro Gaeshi - Mud Overturn - Wall of Earth?
- Goukakyuu no Jutsu - Great Fireball Technique - fireball
- Housenka no Jutsu - Mythical Fire Phoenix Technique - Melf's Minute Meteors
- Kuchiyose no Jutsu - Summoning Technique - summon monster/summon planar ally, etc.
- Mizu Bunshin no Jutsu - Water Clone Technique - down-scaled clone/simulacrum
- Goshokuzame - Five Sharks Eating - water-specific upgraded magic missile
- Kage Bunshin no Jutsu - Shadow Clone Technique
- Karyuu Endan - Fire Dragon Flame Projectile - incendiary cloud?
- Kekkai Houjin - Barrier Method Battle Array - something like the old Skull Trap (proximity-based fireball-like)
- Kusanagi no Tsurugi • Kuu no Tachi - Sword of Kusanagi • Long Sword of Sky - Mordenkainen's Sword
- Inyu Shometsu - Secret Healing Injury Destruction - regeneration spell
- Kyoumen Shuuja no Jutsu - Mirrored Surface Attacker Technique - clone variant
- Edo Tensei - Resurrection to the Impure World - Resurrection + Domination
- Gokusamaisou - Sand Prison Burial - Imprisonment
- Kishou Tensi - One's Life Ressurrection - variant on resurrection
- Daisan no Me - The Third Eye - (as prying eyes, but a singular or) // Clairvoyance
- Gentoushin no Jutsu - Lit Apparition Technique - Project Image (A?)
- Ikadzuchi no Kiba - Lightning Bolt Fang - Call Lightning?
- Kage Mane no Jutsu - Shadow Imitation Technique - modified hold person, ranged touch attack
- Kai - Release - self-targeting targeted dispel magic // true seeing
- Kawara Shuriken - Roof Tile Shuriken - like a minor animate objects?
- Konoha's World Barrier (Unnamed) - modified alarm
- Kouka Jutsu - Hardening Jutsu - stoneskin variant? D/C?
- Kumoshibari - Spider Bind - web; D?
- Mokujin Hitsugi - Wooden Men Coffin - forcecage?
Not a Shinobi
i simply have to say this is poor it has little actual research and several things that make no scene to an actual shinobi
- I think you're missing the actual point here. It's not supposed to be a depiction of the historical Ninja/Shinobi. It's an attempt to copy the "Naruto"-type Ninja from the Naruto anime/manga. --Ghostwheel 23:35, 1 September 2009 (MDT)