Talk:Lord of The Dark Magic (3.5e Prestige Class)
From D&D Wiki
The idea is interesting. I just wanted to run over a few oddities... the abilities of Dark Puppet and Light Aversion are penalties as class features. This is not unheard of, but for Dark Puppet that's ALL you get at 4th level, and while Light Aversion does have Dark Familiar, that's no big deal. You need some sort of benefits to bother taking a 4th and 6th level in this class.
The Kiss of the Succubus is not bad either but is gender restricted. There are Incubi, why not have either gender possess the power, the name being whichever is applicable to their gender.
I find it odd that Unholy Appearance hurts evil creature more than it does good. Shouldn't good be terrified and evil be shocked and amazed? May I suggest good people are frightened, neutral are shaken, and evil are fascinated.
The last thing is that the abilities seem haphazard. Perhaps it needs more flavor text but I have trouble seeing where one is going with the class, it seems a random collection of 'evil' powers (and the capstone ability is a rather weak power compared to earlier abilities, and as a whole). I suppose I should ask you what your goal is with the class. Are you becoming a Swordwraith-like dark lord BBEG type, a fierce demonic monster, perhaps just exposing yourself to evil so much you're almost an 'evil elemental' (the latter seems to me what you want to me).
I have some ideas of how to re-order this for you, but for the sake of not taking over your work I'll stop here and let you answer, especially 'what is the point of the class'. That'll affect everything else in kind. -- Eiji 22:05, 11 December 2007 (MST)
- If (s)he does not answer soon (two more days or so...) please feel free to edit this class to make it more realistic and balanced! --Green Dragon 22:36, 12 December 2007 (MST)
- Sure. ...and I just had the most badass idea of what direction to take it... you read 8-bit?
- Remember when Black Mage was King of Hell for a while?
- ....yeeeaaaahhh... >:D -- Eiji 22:56, 12 December 2007 (MST)
- Sorry, I don't read 8-bit so I have no idea what you are talking about :S. --Green Dragon 15:04, 13 December 2007 (MST)
- Pity. Well the reformatting has begun, I'll finish it up tomorrow, top part altered. -- Eiji 01:16, 14 December 2007 (MST)
- Looks good so far, keep up the good work :). --Green Dragon 20:21, 15 December 2007 (MST)
- Did...done... sleepy... itchy... tasty... -- Eiji 08:35, 16 December 2007 (MST)
- Looks very good, there's just a couple of suggestions I have. First, Lords of Dark Magic with Druid or Ranger levels could get a fiendish companion (must choose one, can't have fiendish familiar and animal companion), and I think Dark Sustenance might be best having a minor penalty in hallowed areas- perhaps no natural healing (so a Lord of Dark Magic won't want to rest in a hallowed area). MorkaisChosen 07:23, 16 December 2007 (MST)
- Mmmm, updated with suggestion... -- Eiji 08:35, 16 December 2007 (MST)
- I'll wait a bit longer before that, it says it was only made the 11th of this year so I presume the author is still about. It's ok. -- Eiji 00:10, 17 December 2007 (MST)
- I think you mean month, but I understand what you are saying. --Green Dragon 12:11, 17 December 2007 (MST)
- You know, I realy think you guys did a good job. Thanks for the help.
- P.s. i was the one who made it in the first place.--Notna LV99 20:54, 21 December 2007 (EST)