Talk:Improved Weapon Finesse (3.5e Feat)
From D&D Wiki
- Just did that. --Pirate-Sorcerer 15:53, 17 August 2007 (MDT)
- Thanks :). --Green Dragon 12:23, 18 August 2007 (MDT)
2- and Off-Handed Damage
Does the wielder get the benefit of 1.5 × Dex bonus if wielding it in two hands (e.g. spiked chain)? If so, does the rapier get that benefit, as well, even though normally it doesn't gain the 1.5 × Str bonus? Does the wielder only apply 0.5 × Dex bonus with off-hand attacks? —Sledged (talk) 16:04, 17 August 2007 (MDT)
- Ultimately, it's going to be up to your DM, but for the purposes of the game:
- (1st question): Yes, you may apply 1.5 × Dex bonus to damage rolls when wielding a finessed weapon 2-handed (unless it's light or a rapier, see below).
- (2nd question): No, wielding a rapier (or a light weapon for that matter) in two hands will not allow you to apply 1.5 × Dex bonus to damage rolls made with it. It may not make that much sense from a flavor standpoint, but will help maintain game balance.
- (3rd question): Yes, you may only apply 1/2 your dexterity bonus to damage rolls made with off-hand attacks, unless you are ambidextrous.
- Hopefully this help clear things up. --Pirate-Sorcerer 17:43, 17 August 2007 (MDT)