Talk:Hellraiser (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
(Redirected from Talk:Hellraiser)
Hello, as requested, I'll see if anything else needs changing.
- Command points should just recharge after a long rest (not a single day, that's an unnecessary complication)
- You don't take levels in an archetype. Do you mean you gain a command point when you gain a fighter level?
- When something is summoned, we need to know where it is and exactly how they act and how long they stick around for. Have a look at the conjuring spells to see what is required.
- An imp is a CR 1 creature. At 3rd level, if I use 2 command points, that's between 3 and 12 imps. This will completely dominate not only a combat, but possibly a whole adventure. Multiple creatures have more threat than their individual CRs combined (see DMG p. 82, encounter design step 4). Compare with the conjure minor elementals spell, for which a wizard would have to be level 7 to cast once, which brings 2 x CR 1 creatures, and only for 1 hour.
- You can't reload crossbows twice as fast, reloading doesn't have an actual duration. See the loading property on p. 147
- Does rally forces decrease your HP, or maximum HP? (I'm sure it can't be the latter, but that's how it's worded).
- I don't know what a "+5 loyalty bonus" is.
- For "duration of the battle", 5e uses a 1 minute duration.
- For hellfire, explosions normally grant a Dexterity saving throw to either avoid the damage or take half damage.
- This is actually the most obvious problem: Fighters are granted archetype features at levels 3, 7, 10, 15 and 18. Your archetype has features at 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 12, 15 and 20.
- Damning strike needs to say exactly what a "strike" is. Presumably it's a weapon attack, but this needs stating.
- What is the "Fury" that is being summoned? Do you mean an erinyes? By "strength and dexterity rolls" do you mean Strength and Dexterity checks? 5e doesn't normally use numeric bonuses like this, it introduced the advantage mechanic for this. Marasmusine (talk) 13:02, 20 December 2016 (MST)
- I don't know if looked at the wording for conjuration spells or not (there are still a few little details that are missing), and still have a concern about summoning any number of CR 1 creatures at 3rd level, but this is something that needs to be playtested. Marasmusine (talk) 12:18, 22 December 2016 (MST)