Talk:Fang Weapon (3.5e Equipment)
From D&D Wiki
- no, I dont mind. I'll add it now. Is it any good?--Sam Kay 13:38, 11 August 2007 (MDT)
- Looks good :). --Green Dragon 13:53, 11 August 2007 (MDT)
- Thanks. I thought it might come in handy for a spider rider. --Sam Kay 04:53, 12 August 2007 (MDT)
- I imagine it would. --Green Dragon 13:30, 12 August 2007 (MDT)
- Yeah. Why only have normal fangs on your spider when they can be extra-stabby, masterwork, and possibly magical as well... --Sam Kay 11:51, 13 August 2007 (MDT)
Hey Sam Kay, welcome back! I have a few comments on this weapon/item and I'll get to your Spider Rider PrC soon.
- The first thing I noticed was a giant text block. I would split it up into sections such as: description, attaching a fang weapon, combat information, enchanting a fang weapon. That would at least improve readability.
- On the note of readability, I would put the attaching DC in the table. You can remove the subcript section in the table since you provided the cost and weight for each size.
- I would move the information about holes in the weapon to the description.
- For rules information, I would say that the fangs add an enhancement bonus to damage that stacks with any magical enchantments on the fang weapon themselves.
- Linkify Magic Fang and Greater Magic Fang
- Do spiders have proficiency with this weapon? Should the weapon category really be simple? Perhaps make it like a Dwarven Waraxe where it is weapon familiarity to spiders. Also add in the special that you need fangs to equip this item.
- I'd make it so that they count as heavy armor for the purposes of sleeping with them in (exhaustion)
--Aarnott 12:27, 13 August 2007 (MDT)
- Okay, Thanks. I will change those things. --Sam Kay 03:05, 14 August 2007 (MDT)
- I formatted it according to my suggestions. You can always revert it if you don't like it :) (history tab if you didn't know). --Aarnott 09:30, 14 August 2007 (MDT)
- I do like it. Thanks, it is better than my formatting :). I could not work out how to get the DCs on the table (and had to add a new table). --Sam Kay 09:32, 14 August 2007 (MDT)