Talk:Dijoi (3.5e NPC)
From D&D Wiki
- And therein lies the crux. I actually don't remember how to caulculate CR correctly anymore. I was sorta hoping someone would know and fix my inept-ness —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Cypresslyshra (talk • contribs)13:45, 30 December 2006 (MST). Please sign your posts.
- This NPC is level 5, so an easy way to do it is by adding the level and the ECL. So, the level is 5, and the ECL is 4... I would say go with CR9 or so. To see how well this would work fight this NPC against several CR9 monsters, if he always loses than make the CR lower, if he always wins make the CR higher. However, 9 is a good starting place. --Green Dragon 15:44, 30 December 2006 (MST)
- You're confusing ECL with LA. ECL = Any racial HD (0) + any class levels (5) + LA (+2) = 7. Offhand I'd give a soulbound 1st-level warrior (and there should be an entry for such a soulbound in the DnD Creatures) a CR of 1/2 or 1 (depending on which special abilities it has). Five class levels would put it at CR 5 or 6 (again depending on which special abilities it has). —Sledged 22:51, 19 January 2007 (MST)
- Be that as it may, they're each about a CR 7, so if they work together you just have an encounter to two CR 7 NPCs. —Sledged 23:10, 19 January 2007 (MST)
- I shall cede to your judgement in this case--Cypresslyshra 23:10, 19 January 2007 (MST)
- Also, sorry for the confusion on a good CR to start from. --Green Dragon 21:19, 20 January 2007 (MST)