Talk:Clanking Leather Armor (3.5e Equipment)
From D&D Wiki
Question: What is the penalty to wearing this? Just saying it 'clanks' is not very D&D friendly. I would recommend that you give a minus to move silently checks and maybe make it so when someone tries to make a listen check to hear you they get a bonus... Just a couple of ideas, whats you opinion? --Green Dragon 23:43, 10 January 2007 (MST)
- It's supposed to make so much noise it's impossible to sneak, so maybe a -15 on all sneak rolls? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Cypresslyshra (talk • contribs) 00:54, 11 January 2007. Please sign your posts.
- Hm... I would say a -10 (-15 is a little high for any item) on move silently checks (sneak rolls do not exist in 3.5e) and a +5 to listen checks when trying to detect someone that has this item on (this is a magical world after all). --Green Dragon 23:59, 10 January 2007 (MST)
- Thar we be. I think that's about right --Cypresslyshra 00:04, 11 January 2007 (MST)
- Looks better. --Green Dragon 00:08, 11 January 2007 (MST)
Sorry, however I just noticed another problem. Their should be no cost (just the normal +1 Masterworked Leather Armor cost if someone was to buy this) for any cursed items. These are not meant to be made, only picked up as a problem (See Vest of Fiery Pain (3.5e Equipment)).... --Green Dragon 00:13, 11 January 2007 (MST)
- What if someone made it as a gift for an NPC? Or a PC, which is why it was made last time--Cypresslyshra 00:15, 11 January 2007 (MST)
- That is what cursed items are intended for... To be more given than bought. However, you should include the price for +1 Masterworked Leather Armor instead of what you currently have to the bottom. --Green Dragon 00:18, 11 January 2007 (MST)
- Correct, except for one thing... Masterwork armor does not give a +1 to AC, it gives a -1 on the Armor Check penalty. You might want to reword that section about the armor bonus. Other than that it look good. --Green Dragon 00:28, 11 January 2007 (MST)
- Done--Cypresslyshra 00:32, 11 January 2007 (MST)
- Looks better. Thanks for doing that. --Green Dragon 20:29, 11 January 2007 (MST)
- Shouldn't the armor check penalty for masterwork leather armor be -0? --Watsyurname529 19:14, 4 November 2007 (MST)
NO DRUID SHOULD GO WITHOUT!!!
I love this idea, as my groups divine caster (usualy a druid) I would love to have some clanking leather armor!!! This is so cool!--Hatman 21:10, 28 February 2008 (MST)
That item history cracked me up. Don't worry hapless druid, we've all been there.