Talk:Bladesong Warrior (3.5e Prestige Class)
How long does it last? --Aarnott 20:33, 30 January 2008 (MST)
- Until his next round for Bladesong and bladedance, as long as he sustains the effect for the bardic music. I'll add it to the description. --ElfsMaster 21:27, 30 January 2008 (MST)
- Looks good. I'll rate it when you are ready. I haven't given it a close look yet, but you should consider a full base attack bonus. --Aarnott 21:39, 30 January 2008 (MST)
- I wasn't very inclined to give him a full BAB, but since he stops progressing in spellcasting AND bardic knowledge, it really makes sense. Also because his trainment is mainly for combat. Thanks for the help, I guess it's complete now. --ElfsMaster 21:57, 30 January 2008 (MST)
Rating - 5/10
- Part of the discussion moved to Talk:Balance System#Multiple Ratings It dealt with the balance system, not this class --Green Dragon 13:36, 5 February 2008 (MST)
Though I think we need better criteria for balance, I give this class a 5/10 for the following reasons:
- A lot of the abilities need durations.
- The number of bardic musics stacking likely shouldn't be in the Bladesong description.
- The adding of HD from blossom dance is a bit confusing.
- The wording in general needs to be clarified.
- 50ft. and 60ft. radius circles hit a lot of enemies. They should probably be smaller (otherwise this guy kills an army at level 14).
- The Perform check required in blossom dance seems arbitrary. Perhaps perform checks should be required for the other abilities?
If you just clear up the wording and add durations, this is a 7/10 class. Maybe 8/10 -- I'd have to hear why you think the big radius effects are ok. --Aarnott 10:46, 31 January 2008 (MST)
- Added durations for song of despair and note of madness, the other are all instantaneous. The adding HD from blossom dance is just like the SRD insnpire heroics (the same wording) but I simplified it anyway.
- The number of bardic musics is usually in the "new bardic feature" description in the WotC PrCs, so I just followed their standards and put it in it.
- Nerfed the radius of the effects, 50 and 60ft are really too much, sorry for that.
- Where do you think the wording is confused? I read many PrCs to do this one, I tried to keep the wording as mechanical and WotC like as passible, if I messed up somewhere just tell me and I'll clarify it. --ElfsMaster 02:32, 1 February 2008 (MST)
- I will take a look at this soon. Work suddenly hit me like a truck, so I haven't been able to contribute much recently. --Aarnott 21:49, 4 February 2008 (MST)
After a second review based on the new changes this PrC deserves an 8/10. The abilities are well worded and balanced and the class is general is not overpowered or underpowered but fits a particular niche. More fluff detail could be added for a higher rating I would say, but as a standalone class I would definitely allow this in my campaign and in fact will be suggesting it to the party bard (whose character fits this class thematically as of now). Great work! --Aarnott 13:24, 5 February 2008 (MST)
I like this. I'm sure it's been done before, but I do like what I see so far. Can't rate it fairly until you're done though in my opinion. --Harry Mason 12:31, 4 February 2010 (UTC)