Talk:Arcane Pyrotechnician (3.5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
Hey there everyone, I'm Fydorian, and I'm the author of this class. I'd just like to say thanks for checking my class out, but as you can see, it's kind'a.... a work in progress. I'm still trying to figure this wiki thing out a bit, so stick with me here, and I'll get this thing done eventually.
Also, I'd like to add a spell list of sorts of my own, in order to list the awesome explosive spells and their effects, so please contact me somehow if you have an idea of how I could create perhaps a link to another page or something so as not to bulk up this one. Thanks.
Please, I'd like to know your opinion of my class in regards to what I have so far! —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Fydorian (talk • contribs) 21:21, 29 March 2008 (MST). Please sign your posts.
- Hello again.... I noticed you didnt have alignment and stuff; I would go any Coatic and probably any race besides water-based races, and for an example PyroTech., I would use a human...lol, they are much easyer to work with....lol....I'll keep adding as I go! --Ryan B. 00:28, 30 March 2008 (MDT)
- Thanks for the input! I'd just like to say that I know that stuff, I just haven't put it in yet, seeing as I've just started. But thanks for the input! If you have any other suggestions, just put em' here. Oh, and I appreciate my very first suggestion :) --Fydorian 17:30, 30 March 2008 (MDT)
maybe its just me, but wouldnt it make more sense if the arcan pyrotechnician had started with +1 in his base reflex modifier?
I've been looking at the spells that are in the standard reference that could be converted. I noticed that the http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Fire_Seeds could work if turned into some sort of blasting clay spell with similar stats. This would probably require the higher level Create Arcane Blasting Clay spells as well. It would be interesting to see this as some sort of bird as well. Muddles17 19 March 2012
I put some pretty cool stuff in earlier, but it seems to be...gone. This makes me sad, as I have a school project to do right now :( I'll put it in asap. Keep on doing you guys' thing and suggestin' and commentin' etc. --Fydorian 17:33, 30 March 2008 (MDT)
- Problem solved. I put a lot of it back in earlier & this makes my happy -> :) --Fydorian 19:49, 30 March 2008 (MDT)
- Tonight I plan to huddle up with my Player's Handbook so that later, I can fill in the tables and add some better descriptions of things. As for the spells, they're still a work in progress. They basically consist, as of now, of a concept, a name, and a dream. But, maybe that's all I really need. See ya later chaps. --Fydorian 19:52, 30 March 2008 (MDT)
- Today I started working on the first ever arcane pyrotechnician spell, Arcane Grenade. It's looking to be pretty cool, but I'm not sure why the link is still red. Anyway, the class is really off to a nice start so I hope anyone out there who feels like suggesting something or commenting, I'd appreciate it :P --Fydorian 23:15, 31 March 2008 (MDT)
- Oops, it didn't save, I had already figured that out and fixed the link, but I either clicked something else or forgot to press save. But once again, your guidance is very much appreciated. Btw, if there's any way you could instruct me in the use and creation of tables, it would be very helpful, as if you've gone to the spell, I'm in the midst of making a table and it's about halfway done, due to certain complications. Btw (again) I think I just may start putting apostraphies around my emotes... --Fydorian 00:32, 1 April 2008 (MDT)
- Once again, much appreciated ^_^ (jeez, seven colons...) --Fydorian 20:16, 1 April 2008 (MDT)
- Okay, so, I've been feeling a little lazy and I have bunch of homework to do, but I'll get to it eventually, just sit tight folks. --Fydorian 22:11, 3 April 2008 (MDT)
- Fydorian if there are no objections I'll take over Arcane Pyrotechnician. I may be new however me andmy pals i think could finish this up. So any objections? I'll get started right away if i get the go ahead. --D.M.DemoicPanda14:47, March 8 2009 (EST)
- "I have officially abandoned this class, it was too complex XD If anyone wants to, I dunno, fix it or whatever go right ahead and take over, but I'm done with it.". It's fine to adopt. --Green Dragon 14:02, 8 March 2009 (MDT)
- "i would like to see somebody create some higher level animate blasting clays and please fix the elephant shrew it does worse than the level 0 spell. also are there any higher create blasting clays because i feel most people would burn right through any supply they built up. the class would be without a doubt my favorite if these problems would be fixed. My party will probably hate me because i will never play as any standard class after this is finished."--Beelzebehemoth
To create your own spell list just make a new page on 3.5e Spells, like 3.5e Sorcerer/Wizard Spells, which can have all your homebrew spells present. Hope this helps. --Green Dragon 01:00, 31 March 2008 (MDT)
- Indeed, this should help wonderfully. Many thanks, man --Fydorian 19:37, 31 March 2008 (MDT)
- No problem. --Green Dragon 21:04, 31 March 2008 (MDT)
I just added the Animate Blasting Clay: White Bird to the list on level 6. Please let me know if this fits well. Thank you! (It's loosely based off of the Fire Seeds spell from level 6 of the fire domain) Muddles17 19 March 2012
The Spell list now has some new additions. The list is getting closer to completion, assuming that a level 20 Pyrotechnician will know all of the tricks of the trade. This would mean that the following levels are now complete; 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 9 Muddles17 19 March 2012
Class Under New Management
I'm hereby officially taking over this class atempting to make it atleast playable ASAP however this is my first class that I've done so I will probably need help along the way. I really don't care who works on the page but we just need to get it up and running. --D.M.DemoicPanda
- What a relief, I thought it would never get done; at least someone's taken an interest in it. It became so confusing for me to really flesh out the abilties properly that I kind of lost intrest. I hope it inspires you to do great things! --Fydorian 19:44, 4 May 2009 (MDT)
I would suggest making him able to craft potions that explode (not sure of actual name). Maybe add in some other explosives as well. Remember, the more KABOOM he has the better.
- i just wanted to ask if i could perhaps take over this class and finish it i have made several others before and i see serious potential for this class please respond soon. if i dont get an answer back by the beginning of next year i am going to assume the class was abandoned and i will finnish it up. i just hate to see a good idea go to waste.
i forgot to sign my name derp.--Sandbender211 14:52, 7 November 2011 (MST) sorry
I hope everyone doesn't mind. It seems that various people have been picking up and dropping this class. I'll see what I can do to flesh out the rest of the class. Any suggestions are welcome! Thanks,
Muddles17 March 20, 2012
As this gets worked on/updated...
I only have one recommendation for abilities. Take a look at some of the Artificer powers and abilities. I think it would bring in an interesting twist.
- Off the top of my head, I would say infusions. Also, I would look at the base class from the Eberron Campaign Setting-- Irykyl 10:09, 20 March 2012 (MDT)
After looking at the list, it might be a good source to adapt some spells from. Thank you for the suggestion!
Muddles17 March 22, 2012
This is mine now
Its been 2 years since this was last updated and it has some major flaws. i'm taking this one over to make it all evil kaboomey and things. First thing i noticed, whose bright idea was it to give the spontaneous caster access to their entire spellbook at level one. There has never been a class that could do that and even prepared arcane spell casters need to be fairly epic to have all the spells. Hell it takes a Divine Feat to spontaneously cast the entire spell book. you know those feats that GODS use. 2nd thing i saw was that it was never very clear what counted as 1 point of explosives for the suppression ability. so yeah there you go. I dont have the Oriental Adventures or Complete Arcana books and it seems like nobody has those spells up here. so im going to try and invent, convert from other energy types, or allow a few spells that aren't completely kaboomey fire death in order to fill the spell book.Mordred the dark (talk) 14:31, 13 October 2014 (MDT)
- ok added some spells most of which are fairly obvious as to why the Pyro likes them (Hi im that Pyro and these are my reasons for those other spells). A few spells like detect/read magic pretty much every spellcaster has so i felt bad for him and let him have those too (remember kids peer pressure is bad). Mage Hand and Unseen Servant are nice if you want to deliver the boomstick without entering the room (Delivery for a uhhh..."group of stinkin' orcs"). Some Resist/Protection from Energy and Iron Body are nice Contingency plans for when you go boom or if someone is chucking fire at you to stop from going boom (also sometimes its fun to stand in the middle of the room you just blew up and watch it burn). The Invisibility and Teleport type spells are good for getting into/out of areas that really need a bomb (Sneaky Sneaky). Shrink Item lets you keep 2 CUBIC FEET of boom in a very small cube (perfect for getting past body checks). The Eye spells make great lookouts and scouts (plus if they get low enough they can get under that ladies...GAHHH don't sneak up on me like that). Force Cage, because what can't it do (pesky little rogue try reflexing this). Persistent Image for disguising that large brick of boom (Hey guys who wants birthday cake!!!). Sympathy, just in case that illusory birthday cake isn't interesting enough (I swear that one will never get old). Time Stop, every good trap setter needs this (Some men like to watch the world burn... in stop motion!). And finally, Wish because we can make C4 (Cd4?) but christmas is a long time to wait for C12 (also, orphanages aren't all conveniently made of wood and tar). Yeah i swear that one wasn't me.Mordred the dark (talk) 16:59, 13 October 2014 (MDT)