Sylvaren (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Sylvaren tend to be led by two people, the oldest monk and oldest ranger in their tribe. They are very pragmatic, although they can be routine and slightly stubborn, but will not hesitate to fight for their woodland home.
Sylvaren skin starts as reflective tan, and as they age, it becomes spotted, mottled, and non-reflective, making it look like dead leaves once they reach middle age, around 250 years old. They have a slightly shorter lifespan than elves. They have the long face of an elf, but the ears of a human. Their eyes are usually deep amber, silvery lavender, or occasionally very pale blue.
Sylvaren are distrusted by other races because of their novel nature, but they get along very well with elves, and dislike dwarves, thinking them "unrefined".
Sylvaren are pragmatic, taking things as they come, and analyzing each situation individually. As such, they tend to be neutral good, but any monks are lawful. Evil sylvaren are exceedingly rare.
Sylvaren are only truly at home on Syl Isle, but they can find comfort among elves. On Syl Isle, they are semi-nomadic, but they can settle down fairly easily outside their home.
Sylvaren revere Ehlonna and Sylius Larethian above all others, but it is not unheard of for them to worship Corellon Larethian. They build ziggurat-like temples during their travels, to return to them a year later. Their relationship with elves is unsurprising, because they were created by the god Sylius Larethian, Corellon Larethian's brother.
Automatic Languages: Common, Sylvan. Bonus Languages: Elven, Dwarven, Gnoll, Kobold. Sylvaren were taught Elven when they came to the elven lands after their discovery, bringing this knowledge back to Syl Isle. Some learned Dwarven, to better understand their enemies, and most sylvaren know Kobold or Gnoll.
Sylvaren get their first name and surname at birth, and their middle name is given later, based on their biggest catch during their first hunting trip. For example, a sylvaren could be named Adrion Sylyia at birth, then catching a massive trout during her first hunting trip, making her Adrion Massivetrout Sylyia.
- +2 Wisdom, −2 Charisma.: Sylvaren are wise but distrusted.
- Creature Type: Humanoid (syl)
- Size: Medium
- Sylvaren base land speed is 25 feet.
- Low-Light Vision (Ex): Sylvaren can see twice as far as a human in starlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination.
- +2 racial bonus on attack rolls against magical beasts and animals: Sylvaren, as they are nomadic, are trained in hunting these creatures.
- +1 racial bonus on grapple checks. (+2 bonus against dwarves)
- +2 racial bonus on saves against necromancy and death effects: Sylvaren possess slightly more life force than other races, making them able to throw off these attacks more easily.
- Weapon Familiarity: Sylvaren Kama Sylvaren may treat sylvaren kamas as martial weapons rather than exotic weapons.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Sylvan. Bonus Languages: Elven, Dwarven, Gnoll, Kobold.
- Favored Class: Monk.
|90 years||+3d10 years||+4d12 years||+1d100 years|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|250 years||300 years||500 years||+2d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 0"||+2d4 inches||150 lb.||× (2d3) lb.|
|Female||5' 1"||+2d4 inches||145 lb.||× (2d3) lb.|