Sublime Master (D20 Modern Class)
From D&D Wiki
|“||Insert Quote here||”|
Making a Sublime Master
Abilities: The majority of the Sublime Master's abilities come from insight. As such Wisdom is the most important ability to have. A high dexterity ability will help with ranged weapons and strength will help for melee and grappling.
Starting Gold: 2d4×10 gp (50 gp).
|Saving Throws||Special||Strike Damage||Armor Bonus|
|1st||+1||+2||+2||+0||Insightful Fighting, Fighting Style||+0||+0|
|7th||+7/+2||+5||+5||+2||Master Fighting Style||+2d6||+2|
|10th||+10/+5||+7||+7||+3||Immaculate Diamond Soul, Master Fighting Style||+2d8||+3|
|13th||+13/+8/+8||+8||+8||+4||Master Fighting Style||+3d8||+4|
|15th||+15/+10/+10||+9||+9||+5||Master of Diamond Soul||+4d6||+5|
|16th||+16/+11/+11/+11||+10||+10||+5||Grand Master Fighting Style||+4d6||+5|
|19th||+19/+14/+14/+14||+11||+11||+6||Grand Master Fighting Style||+5d6||+6|
Class Skills (2 + Int modifier per level, ×4 at 1st level)
All of the following are class features of the Sublime Master.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Sublime Masters are proficient with all simple weapons, as well any weapon defined as a special Sublime Master weapon, such as the sai, the nunchaku, the kama, the shuriken, and the triple staff. Sublime Masters are not proficient with any armor or shields of any kind.
Insightful Fighting (Ex): The Sublime Master has a precognitive knowledge of what might occur in a fight. He adds his Wisdom modifier as an insight bonus to his AC. This Armor Bonus only works when wearing armor the Sublime Master is proficient with. If the Sublime Master acquires an armor proficiency feat then this Armor Bonus will still apply. At 3rd level and every 3 levels after, the Insightful Fighting bonus increases by 1.
Insightful Strike (Ex): Whenever the Sublime Master deals damage with a melee weapon, including any unarmed strikes, he deals increased damage. This damage can be lethal or non-lethal, but must be declared before the attack.
Additionally the Sublime Master adds his Strength and a half to damage for all unarmed strikes. If the Sublime Master acquires Fighting Finesse (unarmed) he may add his Dexterity in place of his Strength for damage. This cannot be used as part of a full attack action.
Fighting Style (Ex): A Sublime Master fights with a unique style that is developed through his training. He chooses two Fighting Style Abilities below and my use them when he fights. Using a style is a swift action and is sustained until the Sublime Master is out of combat. A fighting style cannot be activated before combat begins. At level 4 the Sublime Master adds a new ability to his fighting style.
Fighting Style Abilities
- While Active, your Fighting Style provides a +4 Dodge Bonus to AC.
- While Active, your Fighting Style provides a +4 Dodge Bonus to Saving Throws.
- While Active, your Fighting Style forces any opponent struck by your unarmed attack to make a Fortitude Save (DC 10 + ½ your character level + your Wisdom Modifier) or become stunned for one round. This can only be attempted once per round.
- While Active, your Fighting Style provides a +30' Insight Bonus to your land movement.
- While Active, your Fighting Style allows you to make an attack of opportunity against any opponent who attacks you. This attack of opportunity must be a trip or disarm attempt.
- While Active, your Fighting Style causes your unarmed strikes to inflict slashing damage and to reduce your opponent's movement rate by 10' every time they suffer damage from it. This movement rate reduction can be healed like ability damage (treating 5' of movement as 1 point of ability damage).
- While Active, your Fighting Style allows you to move through occupied spaces as if they were unoccupied, but you may move through only one occupied space without provoking an attack of opportunity for your movement.
- While Active, your Fighting Style grants 20% concealment against ranged projectiles.
Diamond Soul (Su): At 5th level, the Sublime Master gains Spell Resistance equal to 5 + his character level. At 10th level, his soul becomes immaculate and his Spell Resistance improves to 10 + character level, and at 15th level he masters his diamond soul and his spell resistance improves to 15 + character level. The Sublime Master is considered to have this ability active at all times, though he may declare it inactive when he rolls initiative for the round. All spells, including friendly spells are subject to spell resistance if able.
Master Fighting Style (Su): At levels 7, 10, and 13, the Sublime Master learns a Master Fighting Style ability to add to his fighting style. Additionally any time a Sublime Master gains a new Master Fighting Style, he may replace one of his Fighting Style abilities with a different Fighting Style.
Master Fighting Style Abilities
- While Active, your Master Fighting Style transforms your unarmed attacks into Force effects that inflict Force damage.
- While Active, your Master Fighting Style causes your unarmed attack to bypass any opponents DR/- up to your Wisdom modifier.
- While Active, your Master Fighting Style forces any creature struck by your unarmed attack to make a Reflex Save (DC 10 + ½ character level + Wisdom Modifier) or be knocked prone. This can only be attempted once per round.
- While Active, when you deal damage using your Master Fighting Style to a single opponent and end your turn next to him you may restrict his movement. Until the start of your next turn, the target of this attack can move only in such a way that the space it occupies is adjacent to the monk provided he is no more than one size category larger than you. The target may attempt a grapple check to move away as a standard action, though the foe does not count as grappled.
- While Active, your Master Fighting Style allows you to take no penalty for grappling a foe one-handed, and retain your Dex bonus to AC when grappling an opponent.
- While Active, in your Master Fighting Style you may deflect projectiles is if you had the Deflect Arrows feat, but may deflect more than one projectile. Deflecting more than one projectile counts as an attack of opportunity for the round. If you can make no attacks of opportunities then you cannot use this ability.
- Instead of gaining a Master Fighting Style Ability, you may choose two Fighting Style Abilities.
add 2 more styles
Skill Insight(Ex): At 10th level, the Sublime Master chooses one Dexterity based skill he has at least one rank in and may take 10, even in stressful situations.
Grand Master Fighting Style (Su): At levels 16 and 19, the Sublime Master learns a Grand Master Fighting Style ability to add to his fighting style. Additionally, when a Sublime Master gains a new Grand Master Fighting Style ability, he may replace one of his Fighting Styles or Master Fighting Style with a different Style of the same type.
Grand Master Fighting Style Abilities
- While Active, your Grand Master Fighting Style provides you the effect of a foresight spell.
- While Active, your Grand Master Fighting Style slows down time to the point where you can attack twice during your turn. This effect works like a Haste spell, however this additional attack stacks with the bonus attacks from haste and other similar effects.
- While Active, your Grand Master Fighting Style causes your unarmed attacks to reduce the spell resistance of enemies by an amount equal to your Wisdom modifier.
- While Active, your Grand Master Fighting Style forces one creature struck with your unarmed attack to make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + ½ character level + Wisdom Modifier) or die. However, you lose the benefit of Insightful Strike for the attack. This can only affect any single opponent once per round.
- While Active, your Grand Master Fighting Style forces any opponent you damage to make a Willpower save (DC 10 + ½ character level + Wisdom Modifier) or become feeble minded for a number of rounds equal to your Wisdom modifier. However, you lose the benefit of Strike damage for the attack. This can only be attempted once per round.
- While Active, when dealing nonlethal damage with your Grand Master Fighting style you deal 1 1/2 times the damage.
- While Active, your Grand Master Fighting Style allows you to make a touch attack against an opponent and forces any opponent you hit to make a Fortitude saving throw (DC 10 + ½ character level + Wisdom Modifier) or die. However, you must announce this ability before attacking and you deal no damage for the attack. This can only be attempted once per round.
- While Active, your Grand Master Fighting Style allows your Strike damage to deal bleeding damage instead of its normal type. This damage persists through subsequent rounds until the target makes a DC 15 heal check or receives magical healing. The damage does not stack with itself.
- Instead of gaining a Grand Master Fighting Style Ability, you may choose two Master Fighting Style Abilities.
Naming Your Fighting Style
Roll a d10, or choose an adjective, an animal, and a noun:
Note from the authors: Feel free to add any adjectives, animals, or nouns that you want. There's no reason that your character's fighting style has to be called "Naked Tiger Stance" rather than "Astonished Centaur Defense".