Spirit Reaver (3.5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
A Spirit Reaver is a young child chosen by the the tribe shaman to go in to the wild and learn the whys of nature and spirits, who later returns to the tribe a man and is taught to be a warrior.
this class is like a druid, barbarian, shaman, paladin and monster mix.
Making a Spirit Reaver
Races: Anybody from a tribe or a nomadic clan that that has a shaman or some other type of spiritual leader.
Alignment: Any alignment can be one but mainly neutral.
Starting Gold: 2d3 x 10 gp, (50 gp).
Starting Age simple
|Saving Throws||Special||Spells per Day|
|1st||+1||+2||+0||+0||Rage, Natural Talent, Soul Binding||3||1||—||—||—|
|2nd||+2||+3||+0||+0||Rage Dice +1d6 , Combat Movement +5’||4||2||—||—||—|
|3rd||+3||+3||+1||+1||Woodland Stride, Trackless Step||4||2||1||—||—|
|4th||+4||+4||+1||+1||Rage Dice +2d6, Combat Movement +10’||5||3||2||—||—|
|6th||+6/+1||+5||+2||+2||Rage Dice +3d6, Combat Movement +15’||5||3||3||2||—|
|8th||+8/+3||+6||+2||+2||Rage Dice +4d6, Combat Movement +20’||6||4||3||3||2|
|10th||+10/+5||+7||+3||+3||Rage Dice +5d6, Combat Movement +25’||6||4||4||3||3|
|12th||+12/+7/+2||+8||+4||+4||Rage Dice +6d6, Combat Movement +30’||6||5||4||4||3|
|14th||+14/+9/+4||+9||+4||+4||Rage Dice +7d6, Combat Movement +35’||6||5||5||4||4|
|16th||+16/+11/+6/+1||+10||+5||+5||Rage Dice +8d6, Combat Movement +40’||6||6||5||4||4|
|18th||+18/+13/+8/+3||+11||+6||+6||Rage Dice +9d6, Combat Movement +45’||6||6||6||5||5|
|19th||+19/+14/+9/+4||+11||+6||+6||One With The Beast,||6||6||6||6||5|
|20th||+20/+15/+10/+5||+12||+6||+6||Rage Dice +10d6, Combat Movement +50’||6||6||6||6||6|
Class Skills (4 + Int modifier per level, ×4 at 1st level)
Class Skills: The Spirit Reaver’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Craft (Int), Climb (Str), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge: Nature (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Ride (Dex), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), and Swim (Str).
All of the following are class features of the Spirit Reaver.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Spirit Reaver are proficient with all weapons and armor they have crafted. most of the time a spirit reaver will have only a single two-handed weapon and no shield.
note: all old weapons, armors, and Talismans must be buried in the ground where they lose there enchantment. you can not sell or give old gear away.
Rage (Ex): When doing melee damage to a foe or being struck by a foe, a Spirit Reaver may choose to enter a Rage as an immediate action. While Raging, a Spirit Reaver gains a +2 morale bonus to hit and damage in melee combat and may apply any Rage Dice he has to his melee damage rolls. He also gains a +2 to saves, a -2 to AC, and he gains DR X/- with “X” being equal to half his Spirit Reaver level +2 (rounded down). For example, a 1st level Spirit Reaver has DR 2/- while Raging and a 10th level Spirit Reaver has DR 7/- while Raging.
While Raging, a Spirit Reaver may not cast spells, activate magic items, use spell-like abilities, or drop his weapons or shield. Rage lasts until he has neither struck an enemy for three consecutive rounds nor suffered damage from an enemy for three consecutive rounds. He may voluntarily end a Rage as a full-round action.
Natural talent (Ex): A spirit reaver makes all of his weapons, armor and clothing him self so he takes no penalty to his attack rolls or encumbrance.
Soul Binding (Ex): a 1st level spirit reaver has the power to to bind the soul of of something he kills to the armor or weapon he makes from it's body, the variety and Quantity of the weapons and armor as well as the enchantment are to be determined by the DM.
note: more than one body can be used of the same kind of creature but no more than one soul.
Rage Dice (Ex): While Raging, a Spirit Reaver may add these dice of damage to each of his melee attacks. These dice are not multiplied by damage multipliers, and are not applied to any bonus attacks beyond those granted by Base Attack Bonus. These dice are not sneak attack dice, and do not count as sneak attack dice for the prerequisites of prestige classes or feats.
Combat Movement (Ex): While Raging, a Spirit Reaver moves faster in combat, and may add his Combat Movement to his speed when he takes a move action to move.
Woodland Stride (Ex): Starting at 5th level, a Spirit Reaver may move through any sort of undergrowth (such as natural thorns, briars, overgrown areas, and similar terrain) at his normal speed and without taking damage or suffering any other impairment. However, thorns, briars, and overgrown areas that have been magically manipulated to impede motion still affect him.
Trackless Step (Ex): Starting at 5th level, a Spirit Reaver leaves no trail in natural surroundings and cannot be tracked. he may choose to leave a trail if so desired.
Spirit Talisman (Ex): a spirit reaver of 5th level and up can bind the soul of of a creature he killed to a Talisman made from a part of the creature's boby . this Talisman allows the spirit reaver to summon a spectral venison of that creature to fight for him. the spirit creature can attack as it did in life and half it's level. but only the spirit reaver can harm or touch spirit creature with out a magic weapon.if the spirit creature is kilied it returns to the Talisman for 24 hours.the spirit reaver can only make 1 Talisman at level 5 but gets 1 more at levels 9,13,and 17.
Venom Immunity (Ex): At 7th level, a Spirit Reaver gains immunity to all poisons.
Spirit Shape (Ex):}} at level 9 a spirit reaver can take the living form of any creature he has bound to a Talisman up to 3 times a day. the creature's level is the same as the spirit reaver's level.
Great Life (Ex):}} While Raging, a 11th level Spirit Reaver is immune to nonlethal damage, death effects, stunning, critical hits, negative levels, and ability damage (but not ability drain).
Spiritual Rejuvenation (Ex): at level 15 a spirit reaver no longer needs to sleep instead all he needs is 2 hours of meditation, he is sill healed as he would be for getting all 8 hours of sleep. also as he is not actually asleep he would hear some one in or around the camp like he normally would.
One With The Beast (Ex): At 19th level, a Spirit Reaver no longer needs to be in a Rage to use any Spirit Reaver ability.
spirit reaver's Spell List
0 level spells
- Create Water: Creates 2 gallons/level of pure water.
- Cure Minor Wounds: Cures 1 point of damage.
- Detect Poison: Detects poison in one creature or object.
- Know Direction: You discern north.
- Light: Object shines like a torch.
- Purify Food and Drink: Purifies 1 cu. ft./level of food or water.
1st level spells
- Calm Animals: Calms (2d4 + level) HD of animals.
- Charm Animal: Makes one animal your friend.
- Cure Light Wounds: Cures 1d8 damage +1/level (max +5).
- Detect Animals or Plants: Detects kinds of animals or plants.
- Jump: Subject gets bonus on Jump checks.
- Longstrider: Your speed increases by 10 ft.
- Magic Fang: One natural weapon of subject creature gets +1 on attack and damage rolls.
- Pass without Trace: One subject/level leaves no tracks.
- Speak with Animals: You can communicate with animals.
- Summon Nature's Ally I: Calls creature to fight.
2nd level spells
- Animal Messenger: Sends a Tiny animal to a specific place.
- Bear's Endurance: Subject gains +4 to Con for 1 min./level.
- Bull's Strength: Subject gains +4 to Str for 1 min./level.
- Cat's Grace: Subject gains +4 to Dex for 1 min./level.
- Delay Poison: Stops poison from harming subject for 1 hour/level.
- Hold Animal: Paralyzes one animal for 1 round/level.
- Owl's Wisdom: Subject gains +4 to Wis for 1 min./level.
- Reduce Animal: Shrinks one willing animal.
- Summon Nature's Ally II: Calls creature to fight.
3rd level spells
- Cure Moderate Wounds: Cures 2d8 damage +1/level (max +10).
- Magic Fang, Greater: One natural weapon of subject creature gets +1/four levels on attack and damage rolls (max +5).
- Neutralize Poison: Immunizes subject against poison, detoxifies venom in or on subject.
- Remove Disease: Cures all diseases affecting subject.
- Summon Nature's Ally III: Calls creature to fight.
- Wind Wall: Deflects arrows, smaller creatures, and gases.
4th level spells
- Cure Serious Wounds: Cures 3d8 damage +1/level (max +15).
- Freedom of Movement: Subject moves normally despite impediments.
- Repel Vermin: Insects, spiders, and other vermin stay 10 ft. away.
- Summon Nature's Ally IV: Calls creature to fight.