This is a conversion of the AD&D Spelljammer setting published by TSR to 5th edition. The intent of this conversion is to recreate the feel of the original using the rules from 5e. The document is a work-in progress and as new 5th edition material is printed expect the rules here to be changed to comply with the published canon. now that they have released the Spelljammer book I will be updating to match as much as possible with the new stuff but keeping crystal shells, no astral sea here as it changes to much about the original setting
Campaign Setting Information
- Alien races inhabiting the Spelljammer universe included humans, dwarves, xenophobic beholders, rapacious neogi, militant giff (humanoid hippopotami), centaurlike dracons, spacefaring orcs called "scro", mysterious arcane, the Thri-kreen insectoids, bumbling tinker gnomes, mercantile illithids and simian Hadozee.
- Various gear, goods, equipment and magical items available to characters.
- List of official and home brewed ships
- All you need to know about Helms
- Supplemental information on spells and enchantments, as well as the nature, uses and practices of magic.
Worlds of Spelljammer
- A crystal sphere (also known as a crystal shell) is a gigantic spherical shell which contains an entire planetary system.
- Wildspace is similar to the outer space of science fiction, with planets, asteroids and stars, but with different physics.
- The phlogiston (also known as "the Flow") is a bright, extremely combustible gas-like medium that exists between the Crystal Spheres.
- The Spelljammer is a legendary ship which looks like a gigantic manta ray, and houses an entire city on its back.
Dungeon Master's Guide
Back to Main Page → 5e Homebrew → Campaign Settings