Sorcerous Knight (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
|This material is published under the OGL|
Despite working toward mastering your martial abilities for years, sorcerous powers have awoken in your blood, but this ability is weaker in you than in most and cannot serve as your main offense or defense. Therefore, you have decided to focus this newfound ability into your martial training and become something not quite either but with some of the strengths of both.
|—Spell Slots per Spell Level—|
When you reach 3rd level, you augment your martial prowess with the ability to cast spells.
- Cantrips. You learn three cantrips of your choice from the sorcerer spell list. You learn an additional sorcerer cantrip of your choice at 10th level.
- Spell Slots. The Sorcerous Knight Spellcasting table shows how many spell slots you have to cast your spells of 1st level and higher. To cast one of these spells, you must expend a slot of the spell's level or higher. You regain all expended spell slots when you finish a long rest.
- Spells Known of 1st-Level and Higher. Choose two schools of magic. You know two 1st-level sorcerer spells of your choice, which must come from either of the chosen school of magic.
- The Spells Known column of the Sorcerous Knight Spellcasting table shows when you learn more sorcerer spells of 1st level or higher. Each of these spells must come from one of the chosen school of magic.
- Whenever you gain a level in this class, you can replace one of the sorcerer spells you know with another spell of your choice from the sorcerer spell list. The new spell must be of a level for which you have spell slots, and must come from one of the chosen schools of magic.
- Spellcasting Ability. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for your sorcerer spells, since the power of your magic depends on your ability to exert your will on the world. You use your Charisma whenever a spell refers to your spellcasting ability. In addition, you use your Charisma modifier when setting the saving throw DC for a sorcerer spell you cast and when making an attack roll with one.
- Spell save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Charisma modifier
- Spell attack modifier = your proficiency bonus + your Charisma modifier
When you choose this subclass at 3rd level, you tap into a deep wellspring of magic within yourself. This wellspring is represented by sorcery points, which allow you to create a variety of magical effects. This feature functions exactly like the sorcerer class feature of the same name, except that you use the number in the Sorcery Points column of the Sorcerous Knight table, not the Sorcerer table.
- Sorcerous Surge
Also starting at 3rd level, whenever you use your Action Surge feature, you can regain one expended 1st-level spell slot.
Starting at 10th level, you can regain two 1st-level spell slots or one 2nd-level spell slot with this feature.
At 7th level, choose one metamagic option from the list available to the sorcerer class. Choose a second metamagic option at 15th level.
- Greater Metamagic
Starting at 18th level, you can use a metamagic option you know without expending sorcery points. Once you do so, you can't do so again until after you complete a long rest.