Sorcerous Knight, Variant (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
Sorcerous Knight Variant
Despite working toward mastering your martial abilities for years, sorcerous powers have awoken in your blood, but this ability is weaker in you than in most and cannot serve as your main offense or defense. Therefore, you have decided to focus this newfound ability into your martial training and become something not quite either but with some of the strengths of both.
|—Spell Slots per Spell Level—|
When you reach 3rd level, you augment your martial prowess with the ability to cast spells.
- Cantrips. You learn three cantrips of your choice from the sorcerer spell list. You learn an additional sorcerer cantrip of your choice at 10th level.
- Spell Slots. The Sorcerous Knight Spellcasting table shows how many spell slots you have to cast your spells of 1st level and higher. To cast one of these spells, you must expend a slot of the spell's level or higher. You regain all expended spell slots when you finish a long rest.
Additional, you prepare the list of Sorcerer spells that are available for you to cast, choosing from the Sorcerer spell list. When you do so, choose a number of Sorcerer spells equal to your Charisma modifier + half your Sorcerous Knight level, rounded down (minimum of one spell). The spells must be of a level for which you have spell slots.
For example, if you are a 5th-level Sorcerous Knight, you have four 1st-level and two 2nd-level spell slots. With a Charisma of 14, your list of prepared spells can include four spells of 1st or 2nd level, in any combination.
- Spells Known of 1st-Level and Higher. You know two 1st-level sorcerer spells of your choice.
- The Spells Known column of the Sorcerous Knight Spellcasting table shows when you learn more sorcerer spells of 1st level or higher.
- Whenever you gain a level in this class, you can replace one of the sorcerer spells you know with another spell of your choice from the sorcerer spell list. The new spell must be of a level for which you have spell slots, additional you may add half your Sorcerous Knight level, rounded down for known spells (minimum of one spell)
- Spellcasting Ability. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for your sorcerer spells, since the power of your magic depends on your ability to exert your will on the world. You use your Charisma whenever a spell refers to your spellcasting ability. In addition, you use your Charisma modifier when setting the saving throw DC for a sorcerer spell you cast and when making an attack roll with one.
- Spell save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Charisma modifier
- Spell attack modifier = your proficiency bonus + your Charisma modifier
When you choose this subclass at 3rd level, you tap into a deep wellspring of magic within yourself. This wellspring is represented by sorcery points, which allow you to create a variety of magical effects. This feature functions exactly like the sorcerer class feature of the same name, except that you use the number in the Sorcery Points column of the Sorcerous Knight table, not the Sorcerer table. You may add your Charisma modiefier + half your Sorcerous Knight level, rounded down (minimum of one sorcery point) to available number of Sorcery Points. You regain all expended Sorcery Points when you finish a long rest.
Also 3rd level, and then at 7th level, choose one metamagic option from the list available to the sorcerer class. You gain another one at 17th level
- Sorcerous Awakening
When you choose this archetype at 3rd level, the sorcerous magic of your draconic ancestor flowing through you grants you resistance against poison and immunity to disease.
- Awoken Knowledge
At 5th level, you gain expertise with one type of Utility tool of your choice. In Addition, any ability checks with this tool are done with your Charisma modiefier.
- Additional Fighting Style
At 7th level, you can choose a second option from the Fighting Style class feature.
- Draconic Resilience
At 10th level, as magic flows through your body, it causes physical traits of your dragon ancestors to emerge. Your hit point maximum increases by 1 and increases by 1 for each Level of, and again whenever you gain a level in this class. You also gain Resistance towards one type of elemental Damage. In addition you gain a +1 bonus to AC.
- Spell Mastery
At 15th level, you have achieved such mastery over certain spells that you can cast them at will. Choose one Sorcerer first level and second level spell. You can cast these spells at their lowest level without expending a spell slot. If you want to cast either spell at a higher level, you must expend a spell slot as per normal.
- Draconic Mind
Starting at 18th level, you gain Immunity to Mind controlling and manipulating Spells and Abilities
- Draconic Champion