Sol-Kyn (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Generally not very social, nor very adept in social situations, however if the need arises they have surprisingly cold natures. Not much is really known about their personalities due to the fact that most of their race is living among the stars and very rarely come to other planets. Yet, some have been known to explore other planets in their solar systems, but only from the brief exploratory missions they indulge on do we know anything about this race.
Standing anywhere from 6'0" to 7'2" these humanoid type creatures are made of living fire born from the heart of a star. Generally slender in nature they are adept at fitting in tight spaces and sneaking.
Sol-Kyn are not very socially inclined and thus have an incredibly poor ability to get along with others that well, not in a frustrated or angry way, but in the sense that they do not generally fit in with others (except those of their own race).
Most Sol-Kyn are Neutral or Neutral Good, but those more exposed to the other races can waver between any alignment.
The most comfortable place for a Sol-Kyn to reside is on a star or very close to one, however they can live nearly anywhere.
Sol-Kyn believe in the universe being the force of power.
The Sol-Kyn first language is Celestial, however as they age they learn Common, and other languages that they are exposed to
Sol-Kyn are named by themselves when they turn 100 years old and differentiate by color
- +4 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, -2 Strength, -2 Charisma: They are extremely fast hardy creatures with a high intellect, however they are not very socially or inclined in matters of strength
- Humanoid (Elemental)
- Sol-Kyn base land speed is 60 feet: Flight Speed is 70 feet
- Fire Immunity (Sp): A creature with fire immunity never takes fire damage. It has vulnerability to cold, which means it takes half again as much (+50%) damage as normal from cold, regardless of whether a saving throw is allowed, or if the save is a success or failure
- Darkvision (Ex): Darkvision is the extraordinary ability to see with no light source at all, out to a range specified for the creature. Darkvision is black and white only (colors cannot be discerned). It does not allow characters to see anything that they could not see otherwise—invisible objects are still invisible, and illusions are still visible as what they seem to be. Likewise, darkvision subjects a creature to gaze attacks normally. The presence of light does not spoil darkvision.
- Flight (Ex): A creature with this ability can cease or resume flight as a free action. If the ability is supernatural, it becomes ineffective in an antimagic field, and the creature loses its ability to fly for as long as the antimagic effect persists.
- Spell-Like Ability: Can be used at will —Fireball (1d6 per Caster level), Wall of Flame (1d6 per Caster Level). Caster level is 1 at level 1, 2 at level 3, 3 at level 6, 4 at level 9, 5 at level 12, 6 at level 15, 7 at level 18-20. The save DC is Dexterity-based.
- Hit Die — 1d12
- Automatic Languages: Celestial and Common Bonus Languages: Any other Bonus Language
- Favored Class: Ranger
- Level Adjustment: +2