Snake Dagger (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
In times of old a few worship the old gods but a fewer worship the snake as a god when ones devotion has gotten to a point to the snake, the snakes made a group of assassins whose purpose is to bring the end of the world for the time of the snakes. Only a few had become a snake dagger, they won't allow anyone who isn't a member to know of the group's existence. To be a member one must pray to the snake for years and when a golden ruby color snake shows up they must let it bite them, when the snakes does the worshiper goes into a dreamlike state for a month.
Way of the snake
When you choose this archetype at 3rd level, you gain proficiency in the Animal Handling skill and with the poisoner’s kit.
Additionally, you learn the hissing of the snake language. You have the ability to communicate in a limited manner with snakes. They can understand the meaning of your words.You have advantage on all Charisma checks you make to influence them and in Wisdom Checks to understand them.
Messenger of the Gods
Starting at 3rd level, you gain the service of a spirit sent by the Snake God to watch over you. The spirit assumes the form and game statistics of a poisonous snake, and it always obeys your commands, which you can give telepathically while it is within 100 feet of you. While the snake bodie is wrapped around your body, you gain blindsight with a range of 10 feet and advantage in all saving throws to avoid the poisoned condition. While wrapped around your body, the snake can’t be targeted by any attack or other harmful effect; only you can cast spells on it; it can’t take damage; and it is incapacitated. You can see through the snake eyes, hear what it hears and sense the world in the way it senses, while it is within 100 feet of you. The snake doesn’t require sleep. While it is within 100 feet of you, it can awaken you from sleep as a bonus action.
In combat, you roll initiative for the snake, and control how it acts. If it is slain by a creature, you gain advantage on all attack rolls against the killer for the next 24 hours. The snake vanishes when it dies, if you die, or if the two of you are separated by more than 1000 feet. At the end of a short or long rest, you can call the snake back to you—no matter where it is or whether it died—and it reappears within 5 feet of you.
At 3rd level, your snake teaches you the secrets of transmuting your own saliva into poison, that you can harvest to use it.
If you take the attack action, you can spit your poison on a creature within 30 feet as a bonus action, making a ranged weapon attack. If the attack hits, it afflicts the creature with one type of poison.
The save DC of your Toxic Spit is equal 10 + your proficiency modifier + your Constitution modifier. Once you use this ability once, you can't do it again until you finish a long rest.
You can extract the poison and pour onto a vial. The effect of the poison on a vial lasts for 8 hours, until it is consumed or applied. You can apply the poison onto a weapon . The effect of an applied poison lasts for 1 minute or until it is used, when this weapon hit a creature, releasing the poison.
You can chose one of the following effects for the poison:
- Cytotoxin: The creature must succeed on a Constitution saving throw or take damage equal to your sneak attack damage. the damage is poison.
- Myotoxin: Make a ranged weapon attack against the target. On a hit, the target takes poison damage equal to your rogue level, and must succeed on a Constitution saving throw or will be poisoned for a number of rounds equal to your constitution modifier (minimum of 1).
- Necrotoxin: The creature must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw or take damage equal to your sneak attack damage. the damage is poison.
- Neurotoxin: The creature must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw or will be stunned for a number of rounds equal to your constitution modifier (minimum of 1). At the end of each of its turns, the target can make another Wisdom saving throw. On a success, the poison effect ends on the target.
- Antitoxin: You can concoct a substance with your venom, protecting you against poison effects. You gain resistance against poison and acid damage and become immune to the poisoned condition for 8 hours.
Realm of Snakes
At 9th level, the snake god enhances your powers over snakes. You gain the following abilities:
- Control Snakes: You learn how to communicate with snakes, ordering them to scout or attack. You can cast animal friendship an unlimited number of times with this feature, but you can target only snakes with it.
- Summon Snakes You can cast the spell conjure animals. You can only summon snakes with this spell. Once you cast this spell, you can't do it again until you finish a short or long rest.
At 13th level, you can, as a bonus action, magically swap places with your Messenger of God, regardless of the distance between the two of you. If your Messenger of God is within 60 feet of you, you have advantage on the first melee attack you make before the end of the turn.
Mind and Body
At 17th level, you can can merge with your Messenger of God, assuming the shape of a snake. While merged, you can assume the shape of a half snake hybrid. This feature works as the polymorph spell, requiring no components. Your spellcasting ability for the spell is Charisma. With this transformation, you can assume the shape of a yuan ti abomination.
The transformation lasts for 1 minute. Once you use this feature, you can't do it again until you finish a long rest.