Sirens (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Sirens are capricious creatures whose singing can enchant other races (literally).
Sirens are not necessarily cruel, but they do enjoy enchanting and controlling others. They have a tendency to look down on other races, with the exception of elves, who they have a grudging respect for.
Sirens stand around 5 ft. in height, and weigh somewhere around 100-150 lb. Males are shorter and smaller than females. Sirens skin is usually darker, and their hair can range from blond to coal-black. Their eyes may be blue or gray. They are aquatic creatures, so they usually have an alternate form. Sirens live as long as Elves.
Sirens do get along well with many races, with the exception of elves, who have a resistance towards the siren's music.
Sirens are usually neutral with a tendency towards evil, due to their thirst for blood
Sirens dwell in Aergaela, primarily on the coast.
Sirens worship Chthon, an Earth and Sea Mother goddess. She demands total obedience from all her followers.
Sirens speak Aquan, Auran, and Common.
- +4 Charisma, +2 Intelligence, -2 Strength, -2 Constitution. Sirens are very beautiful and kindly, and have quick wits, but their physical capabilities are low.
- A Siren's base land speed is 30 ft when in human/elf form and have a base 30 foot swim speed in water while in their normal form.
- Low-Light Vision: Can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Enchanting Song (su): A Siren's singing can enchant individuals in the area. If a Siren sings, all living creatures with hearing within 30ft must succeed on a will save (DC 10 + siren's charisma modifier + 1/2 siren's HD) to avoid being affected by the charm monster spell. If they succeed on the save, they cannot be affected by the same siren's enchanting song effect for 24 hours. Usable once per day +1 per HD.
- Alternate form: Due to Sirens being aquatic creatures, they have an alternate form to hide their sea creature-like look behind one of an attractive [fe]male human or elf.
- +4 racial bonus on perform (singing) checks. +2 racial bonus on bluff, diplomacy, and intimidate checks.
- Automatic Languages: Aquan, Auran, Common. Bonus Languages: Elven, Albionian, Jacinthian, Utish, Zephyrian.
- Level Adjustment: +1.