Silverblood Elves (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Many years ago, when the world lay war-torn and shambled, there was a wholly peaceful clan of Elves. Their name now forgotten to the pages of history, this clan devoted all of its effort and teachings to the scholarly pursuits, shunning any form of conflict or battle. The clan grew to such great heights in its knowledge of the whole of existence the The deity, Tiamat began to feel threatened and set her followers upon them. Having learned of this attack, a wing of Silver Dragons, the first in our worlds history, came to the Elves defense. The Elves offered their whole lives as thanks and the dragons accepted. As the years passed, the Dragons and Elves eventually mated, producing powerful half-dragon offspring. These offspring then mated with Elves and Dragons, producing even more varied offspring of their own. Many generations passed in this way until the constant mixing eventually diluted the blood from each race into a perfect concoction, turning it silver, and creating an entirely new race that is both Elf and Silver Dragon, but neither at the same time.
A Silverblood Elf's personality can vary wildly between individuals, subject to change in response to many of the same factors that affect an average human's personality. Because of their silver blood, however, the majority of them tend to instinctively lean toward a kinder, more patient disposition.
A Silverblood Elf varies very little from their Elvin ancestors in terms of height, weight, and build. Theirs eyes have long since gravitated away from the standard humanoid set up and toward the more bluish orbs sported by their draconian ancestors. They can grow hair in any way, though it is extremely rare to see any color other than some shade of white(these rarities are actually considered a blood flaw among their society. Their fair skinned appears to have a faint silver sheen when exposed to bright light and very light patches of scaling cover their body in seemingly random places, visible only on close inspection.
If it could be believed, Silverbloods are even more reclusive than any of their Elven cousins. Seeing one outside of their own territory is nothing short of an enigma, but they are a generally kind-hearted people and, should the need arise, easily coexist with any that do not actively assault or contradict their beliefs(alignment differences).
Silverbloods are capable of any alignment but lean toward any of the good alignments in the majority of cases.
Since the time of gratitude(when the Elves served their Dragon saviors) the lands that the clan initially controlled have expanded exponentially, stretching many hundreds of miles across the continent. Though they have not officially declared it, so as to avoid conflict and such, the Silverbloods are powerful enough to become their own country, and even conquer others should they choice.
The practice of religion is primarily passed down within families, with the child taking very often taking whatever beliefs the parent has. Deities most often worshiped are Bahamut, The Platinum Dragon and Corellon Larethian, King of The Elven Pantheon, followed by the Deities that fall under these two most often being valued above them due to that deity having a massive influence on the family line or individual. Other good aligned deities have been known to be worshipped by Silverbloods, though it is rare, and any other deities are simply unheard of.
Silverbloods are capable of learning to speak any language and are taught both Elven and Draconic at a young age.
Silverblood names are generally given by the parents, with mother's choice taking precedence. Family names almost always commemorate one of the line's greater or more accomplished ancestors.
- +4 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, +4 Wisdom, +2 Intelligence, +4 Charisma
From an objective standpoint, mixing Dragon and Elvin blood is highly efficient. A Dragon's overwhelming strength and toughness matched with the quick reflexes and sharp mind of an Elf, along with the heightened senses and strong personality of a dragon make for a lethal combination.
- Humanoid(Elf): from a purely physical standpoint, Silverbloods are predominately Elvin.
- Medium: none
- A Silverblood's base land speed is 40 feet:
- Immunity to magic sleep effects.
- The scattered patches of scaling on a Silveblood's body grant her a +1 natural armor bonus.
- Low-Light Vision: A Silverblood can see twice as far a normal human in conditions of poor visibility and retains the ability to distinguish color.
- Blind-Sight(20ft.): A silverblood's enhanced senses allow her to locate creatures and objects within 20 feet of herself without the use of her vision.
- Weapon Proficiency: Silverbloods reacquired their High Elf cousin's affinity for martial weapons long ago. As a result any Silverblood is atomatically proficient with the longsword, rapier, longbow(and composite), and shortbow(and composite).
- +4 bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks.
- Cloudwalking (Su): A Silverblood can tread on clouds or fog as though on solid ground. The ability can be activated with a free action 3/day and lasts 3 minutes per HD or until negated.
- Breath Weapon(Su): At 15HD, a Silverblood gains the use of her breath weapon every 2d4+1 rounds. The weapon is a cone of cold that deals 6d6(DEX/half) damage(+1d6/2HD after 15th) the save is CON based.
- Resist acid and cold/10
- +DR 5/magic per 10HD
- Spell-Like Ability: 3/day—fog cloud (10HD), control winds (13HD); 2/day—feather fall (6HD); 1/day— control weather (16HD), reverse gravity (20HD). Caster level is HD+2.
- Automatic Languages: Elven, Draconic, and Common Bonus Languages: Any
- Favored Class: Any
- Level Adjustment: +6
|150 years years||+4d6||+6d6||+106|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|250 years||332 years||440 years||+5d% years|
The largest exception to the statement that Silverbloods are predominately Elvin is that as they age they continue to grow stronger, just as their dragon ancestors did, until reaching a peak near the end of their lifespan an leveling out until they die.
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 5"||+2d6||85 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Female||4' 5"||+2d6||80 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|