Sharanai (4e Paragon Path)
From D&D Wiki
Sharanai, the Twin Disciplines
|“||Disorder longs for chaos, order longs for harmony, but balance longs for both.||”|
Prerequisite: You must be an Agent of Sharahas (Five Towers Supplement)
Sarahas, that of whom is both the prospect of utter disorder, true chaos without rationality, and that which is order, structure with purpose, is the force which enables the few to become Sharanai, or those of "Twin Disciplines". Sarahas, maintains a strict balance; weighing all actions, even beyond his own, upon a scale of reasonable and unreasonable; in order to ensure there is some semblance of control between both diametrically opposed forces. Sarahas enlists those of substantial mental and physical fortitude, often adventurers or agents, even those from beyond his realm, to establish a grasp on a universe well out of control. When just one deity intervenes, Sarahas is ever balancing the odds, yet when Sarahas intervenes, there is no force which can compare to his action, and no presence strong enough to wrench control.
You, as an agent of Sarahas, are the instrument which can vary from precision to blunt force at moment's notice, from cold logic to abstract thought, from defender to striker, all to ensure power is evenly distributed between the forces of order and chaos.
Sharanai Path Features
- Duality (11th Level):
- As an agent of Sharahas, you are both that which is chaotic in nature, and that which is order. At the start of an Encounter select Duality: Order or Duality: Chaos. Either of these Duality functions last until the end of the Encounter and may not be exchanged until the Encounter has ended.
- Duality: Order
- After each extended rest you may choose four class features from a class other than your own. At the beginning of each encounter you may choose one class feature from this selection that will remain in effect until the end of that encounter. Once the encounter is over that class feature may not be used again until after an extended rest unless you have chosen it more than once for that day, in which it still counts to your maximum of four times a day Duality: Order can be utilized. The selected Class Feature uses the ability modifier of your choosing to function if it uses ability modifiers; powers and abilities which cannot normally be used in conjunction with the selected Class Feature may now be used, such as Wild Shape.
- Duality: Order
- Duality: Chaos
- You may select one At-Will and one Encounter power of appropriate level from one of six classes of your choosing. From the six classes you select, designate each one a value 1 through 6, rolling a d6 to determine which class you receive the temporary At-Will and Encounter you receive. The selected At-Will and Encounter powers remain with you until the end of the Encounter.
- Duality: Chaos
- Alter Reality (11th Level):
- Upon expending an action point you may utilize your Duality Paragon Path feature again, exchanging your current Duality: Order or Duality: Chaos for a new selection of Duality and its associated features.
- Distortion (16th Level):
- When you are the recipient of an attack that bloodies you or would bloody you upon success, you may immediately distort yourself, taking on the statistics and characteristics of an ally within 10 squares of you before or after the attack and its damage are rolled. Should the attack succeed, you share half of that damage with the ally you selected to emulate, provided they are willing. Should the attack fail because of the emulated statistics, you and that ally may expend a healing surge, gaining temporary hit points of that value. Following Distortion, you return to your normal form.