Shapeshifter (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Shifters are much like humans. They are varied and tend to be a tad eccentric. Although they do not have the intense drive of the humans, they are much more intense than many of the other long-lived races.
Shifters in their natural form resemble Humans tribal humans. They tend to be covered in tattoos and have tanned or dark skin tones. They're eyes are usually light blue or light red. They stand about as tall as a human and weigh slightly less, with a slight variance of weight and height in males and females.
Shifters get along well wherever they try to.
Like humans, Shifters run the gamut from CE to LG.
Although they are at home nearly anywhere, they prefer Tropic Jungles, because their original homeland which was destroyed by a great war between groups of spellcasters, was a Tropical Jungle.
Most Shifters worship gods of stealth and luck, such as Olidimmara.
Shifters are nearly incapable of learning a new language, it is impossible for them to read any language making it difficult for them to learn any other language. They speak Common and use their hand signs much like the drow, but usually don't have more than two languages in their repertoire as they find it very useless. They have the ability to learn any language (expect languages like druidic) it takes twice as long to learn any language. They are masters at learning any language that is primary sign language and can learn it and memorize it almost instanly but doing so has a 50% chance to forgetting any spoken language other than common.
Shifters are given a name when they are born. They use their parent's name as their surname until adulthood when they are given a surname and choose a new first name.
Male Names: Ash, Brook, Claw, Cliff, Flint, Frost, River, Rock, Storm, Thorn, Torn
Female Names: Aurora, Autumn, Dawn, Hazel, Iris, Lily, Rain, Rose, Summer
Surnames: Brickbreaker, Nightstalker, Windrunner, Beastslayer.
- +2 Strength, +4 Dexterity, +4 Charisma. Shifters are dexterous, Strong, and get along well with everyone.
- Humanoid (Shapechanger): While in their natural form, they are humanoid, they can take the shape of other creatures as well.
- Medium: As medium creatures shifters gain no special bonuses for size.
- Shifter's base land speed is 30 feet
- Racial Skills: A Shifter's humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 2*(2+ Int Modifier). Its race skills are Disguise, Handle Animal, and Use rope. They gain a +4 in those skills, they get a -4 in any knowledge skill and can't have more than 2 knowledge skills without getting an additional -2 to them to a total of -6.
- Racial Feats: A Shifter's Humanoid levels give it one feat.
- +2 natural armor bonus.
- Shapeshift(Ex): At will Shifters can take the form of any Animal, humanoid, giant, or monstrous humanoid of Small, or Medium size. This ability functions as the Polymorph spell in all other regards. The ability only last 4 minutes regardless of any other effects and is not affected by anti-magic fields. Ending or changing the form early requires you to use a daily use just to get out of the form and an additional one to become another creature. You only look like what you change into and do not gain any bonuses from transforming. This ability only has 3 uses per day. It gains 2 uses to 5 uses at level 3, level 5 has 7 uses. At level 12 it can become large creatures and at level 15 it has 12 uses per day and can become any magical beast that is small or medium as it could not before.
- Darkvision(Ex): Out to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white.
- Lowlight Vision(Ex): A Shifter can see twice as far as a human in low-light, such as starlight.
- Speak Language is always a class skill for Shifters
- Automatic Languages: Common and Shifter Sign Language. Bonus Languages: Any (Except for secret languages, like Druidic)
- Favored Class: Ranger
- Level Adjustment: +1
|16 years||+3d20||+1d100 -->||+2d100|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|30 years||60 years||75 years||90 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 6"||+1d10"||135 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Female||5' 6"||+1d8||125 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|